My Traffic X

StewartSky

Hi

I'm one more in the line of "can't get it working".

I have done everything you suggested, moved the files, edited them (used both suggested options) but.... NO option in the

FSX "Addons" drop down menu.

More suggestions?

For those who doesn't find the .xml file, this is a HIDDEN system file and you have to set the settings in XP/VISTA to show hidden files.

You need to do this to get access to other FSX files to edit. If you get a scenery ERROR you have to edit hidden files.

Jack J Jackson

A Swede in Spain

Hi

I'm one more in the line of "can't get it working".

I have done everything you suggested, moved the files, edited them (used both suggested options) but.... NO option in the

FSX "Addons" drop down menu.

More suggestions?

For those who doesn't find the .xml file, this is a HIDDEN system file and you have to set the settings in XP/VISTA to show hidden files.

You need to do this to get access to other FSX files to edit. If you get a scenery ERROR you have to edit hidden files.

Jack J Jackson

A Swede in Spain

When you use the %appdata% shortcut as suggested in the manual, you bypass what is hidden and can easily do everything in that folder.

( A personal side remark: The toolbox is a part of FSX SDK, its installation is part of the SDK installation and well described in there, and has absolutely nothing to do with MyTraffic. Nevertheless I have helped many hundred times to get it up, and spent hundreds of hours in supporting users to get FSX SDK running. There are much more requests to this FSX part I have nothing to do with than to the total rest of MyTraffic. I could have spent this time in better things like making more models and paints. So when I don't reply prompt and extensive on any request concerning the toolbox I ask you understand - I only can aswer them if I have a few minutes left between the necessities of 5 hours sleep, one hour eating and 18 hours working a day.)

On my above post, I gave the check list of what is needed from a) to d) and ask for a code snipplet. How could I help without that minimal information?

Hi

First of all my apologizes to Burkhard. It was NOT my intention to offend anybody, I just wanted to post a question. It seems that there are a few more then me that doesn't get this. We all admire your efforts to help us, BUT some of us ARE amateurs and, again I don't want to upset anybody, BUT I have bought a program and in the manual it clearly says that after the installation there will be a"Traffic Toolbox" in the add-ons drop down menu. Maybe it would be a good thing to mention that you FIRST need to use SDK and do some editing, before it works. But... you never stop to learn.

This is the answers to your a-d, hope it does help.

a.

C:/ProgramFiles/Microsoft Games/MicrosoftFlightSimulatorX

b.

C:/ProgramFiles/Microsoft Games/MicrosoftFlightSimulatorX SDK

c.

FSX De Luxe Edition with Acceleration Expansion Pack

d.

Microsoft SDK included in FSX Acc pack. On the FSX site it says "IMPORTANT: If you have already installed Flight Simulator X: Acceleration expansion pack, do not install the SDK Update for Service Pack 2"

e.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>

<Disabled>True</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>

<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Again, my apologizes if I have upset anubody with my posting.

Jack J Jackson

Spain

Hi

First of all my apologizes to Burkhard. It was NOT my intention to offend anybody, I just wanted to post a question. It seems that there are a few more then me that doesn't get this. We all admire your efforts to help us, BUT some of us ARE amateurs and, again I don't want to upset anybody, BUT I have bought a program and in the manual it clearly says that after the installation there will be a"Traffic Toolbox" in the add-ons drop down menu. Maybe it would be a good thing to mention that you FIRST need to use SDK and do some editing, before it works. But... you never stop to learn.

This is the answers to your a-d, hope it does help.

a.

C:/ProgramFiles/Microsoft Games/MicrosoftFlightSimulatorX

b.

C:/ProgramFiles/Microsoft Games/MicrosoftFlightSimulatorX SDK

c.

FSX De Luxe Edition with Acceleration Expansion Pack

d.

Microsoft SDK included in FSX Acc pack. On the FSX site it says "IMPORTANT: If you have already installed Flight Simulator X: Acceleration expansion pack, do not install the SDK Update for Service Pack 2"

e.

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Launch.Addon>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Again, my apologizes if I have upset anubody with my posting.

Jack J Jackson

Spain

All this looks well. just to double check you installed the file sdk.msi from the acceleration DVD, not only the SP1a. In the top folder of the SDK, there is a chm help file, not an html help?

I checked the file to be OK, this is really the one you get when you type " %appdata%\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml ", and you are running FSX as the same users.

The text in the manual is, as it is there, only valid for the FS9 version, in which manual did you find it, because the manual I have wrteen a year and more ago does not contain such a sentence?

Hi

The SDK program was installed from the Addpack DVD as I can see from the SDK.msi.

When I look in the top folder of SDK (Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK/SDK/, there is a eula.html and a fsxdk.chm.

Yes the .xml file i my positng is the one I get when I type " %appdata%\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml " and it's the same users.

For the manual. It's the manual from the MyTraffic DVD-box that says "Add-on for Microsoft Flight Simulator X". On page 35 just to the left of the picture it says "But you will find the additional meny "Extras - Traffic Toolbox" in the menu bar of the flight simulator. this menu gives you access to some additional features of MyTraffic X".

Next step is to uninstall SDK and reinstall it just in case.

Jack

Hi

The SDK program was installed from the Addpack DVD as I can see from the SDK.msi.

When I look in the top folder of SDK (Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK/SDK/, there is a eula.html and a fsxdk.chm.

Yes the .xml file i my positng is the one I get when I type " %appdata%\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml " and it's the same users.

For the manual. It's the manual from the MyTraffic DVD-box that says "Add-on for Microsoft Flight Simulator X". On page 35 just to the left of the picture it says "But you will find the additional meny "Extras - Traffic Toolbox" in the menu bar of the flight simulator. this menu gives you access to some additional features of MyTraffic X".

Next step is to uninstall SDK and reinstall it just in case.

Jack

Uninstall and install cannot help in any way. When you change the Disabled>True for the object placer, to False, does this show up?

Is there a taffictoolbox.dll at exaclty the place the path describes: One up from FSX.exe, than down...

Try to exchange the relative path by an absolute one:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll

and be very careful to never ommit nor add any extra blank compared to your real folders on the disk...

So the manual in the box is not the one I supplied to Aerosoft. There I cannot help, they are the publishers and I only a poor provider of the contents...

Hi

It doesn't matter if the value is "True" or "False", still doesn't show.

Changing to an absolute path didn't make any change. BUT I notice one thing. In the .xml file there are also paths to the "Object Placement Tool", "Visual Effects Tool" and they don't show up either BUT my FSUIPC4 shows up (it's the last "Launch Addon" in the .xml file).

Could it help if I change the path AND move the .dll-files to that path? Lets say to the "Modules" library, then they will be in the same library as FSUIP4 that FASX finds?

Jack

Hi

I just tried to move the .dll to Modules-library and changed the path.... no luck, same problem.

Let's just drop this, it really isn't such a big deal. Now we know that this is NOT for amateurs like me.

Jack

Hi

I just tried to move the .dll to Modules-library and changed the path.... no luck, same problem.

Let's just drop this, it really isn't such a big deal. Now we know that this is NOT for amateurs like me.

Jack

This is strange. If you move it to modules and make the Path entry just modules\traffictoolbox.dll it should work. I will look up which version the FSX.exe and the traffictoolbox.dll I'm using have...

Hi

Jack

Jack: Thought the Aerosoft forum fellows tried VERY HARD to help me, I finally had one of my programmer friends stop by and I now have my Traffic Toolbox up and running. Problem was that I have my FSX on my D drive, and Windows XP on my C drive. Maybe I can get you going. It's a neat feature of MY Traffic X, so let's give it a try.

Follow Shaun's instructions in Post #4 of this thread for the ordering of your SDK and SP's. I installed the SDK from the Acceration Disk into the FSX folder on my D drive, but more importantly, when you first load FSX, an SDK is placed on your C drive at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK. Hopefully you can see it there on your C drive.

I loaded My Traffic X in the FSX folder on my D drive, but you probably have it in your FSX folder on your C drive, which is fine. Go to it. In the My Traffic X folder you will find the dll.xml file. Open it with WordPad. You need to make sure that any "True"s you see are changed to "False", and then, most importantly, you need to change the "Path" to read C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll. This should do it.

I am excited to know if this works for you. Plese let me know. Good luck!!

Regards, Stew Leber, Foster City, California

Jack: Thought the Aerosoft forum fellows tried VERY HARD to help me, I finally had one of my programmer friends stop by and I now have my Traffic Toolbox up and running. Problem was that I have my FSX on my D drive, and Windows XP on my C drive. Maybe I can get you going. It's a neat feature of MY Traffic X, so let's give it a try.

Follow Shaun's instructions in Post #4 of this thread for the ordering of your SDK and SP's. I installed the SDK from the Acceration Disk into the FSX folder on my D drive, but more importantly, when you first load FSX, an SDK is placed on your C drive at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK. Hopefully you can see it there on your C drive.

I loaded My Traffic X in the FSX folder on my D drive, but you probably have it in your FSX folder on your C drive, which is fine. Go to it. In the My Traffic X folder you will find the dll.xml file. Open it with WordPad. You need to make sure that any "True"s you see are changed to "False", and then, most importantly, you need to change the "Path" to read C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll. This should do it.

I am excited to know if this works for you. Plese let me know. Good luck!!

Regards, Stew Leber, Foster City, California

I'm eager to learn this, too. We have observed some cases where FSX, when installed to D:, just behaves strange. Under Vista it is likely not to work properly, as example we had a case where whatever he did a user could not add any scenery to FSX. But above I read of C:\... pathes only.

Hi all

Ok, if you think we can solve the problem, I'll just try to add my pieces to the puzzle.

A short resumé of what I have bee doing so far, with no luck.

I have VISTA Home Premium + SP1, default installation.

I have the FSX De Luxe with Addpac. FS is installed to the default library C:\Program Files\Microsof Games\ MIcrosoft Flight Simulator X\.

I have the SDK from Add-disc installed to default library C:\Program Files\Microsof Games\ MIcrosoft Flight Simulator X SDK\.

After the installation I run the ConfigSDK.exe (Are you sure you want to update the SDK tool configuration files to refer to the current Microsoft Flight Simulator X installation path ?) and answered Yes to that question.

After that I installed FSUIPC4

So I went to the C:\Users\Jack\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\ library and opened dll.xml and it looks like this

-------

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Launch.Addon>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

----------------------------

Started FSX an no luck, still nothing NEW in the drop down list, BUT the FSUIP was there as it had been before.

As Burkhard suggested I changed the paths from relative to absolute.... no change.

I moved the .dll files to Modules-library where FSUIP4 is placed (and works)..... no change. That's the strange part! Why does the FSUIP4 work from that library and not the Tools if I put the .dll:s in the same library?

As for Shaun's instructions in posting #4 the install order is IF you install from the FSX De Luxe disc NOT Addpack disk, in fact Microsoft says on it's FSX-site: "IMPORTANT: If you have already installed Flight Simulator X: Acceleration expansion pack, do not install the SDK Update for Service Pack 2"

I have checked the installations several times AND they are on the C-drive in the default librarys and so are the .dll:s and .xml:s

I'm getting out of ideas now.

Have a nice weekend all of you. Will be out of office until monday (dog exebition in Madrid) so I'll be back on this forum after the weekend.

Jack J Jackson

A Swede in spain.

Hi all

Ok, if you think we can solve the problem, I'll just try to add my pieces to the puzzle.

A short resumé of what I have bee doing so far, with no luck.

I have VISTA Home Premium + SP1, default installation.

I have the FSX De Luxe with Addpac. FS is installed to the default library C:\Program Files\Microsof Games\ MIcrosoft Flight Simulator X\.

I have the SDK from Add-disc installed to default library C:\Program Files\Microsof Games\ MIcrosoft Flight Simulator X SDK\.

After the installation I run the ConfigSDK.exe (Are you sure you want to update the SDK tool configuration files to refer to the current Microsoft Flight Simulator X installation path ?) and answered Yes to that question.

After that I installed FSUIPC4

So I went to the C:\Users\Jack\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\ library and opened dll.xml and it looks like this

-------

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Launch.Addon>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

----------------------------

Started FSX an no luck, still nothing NEW in the drop down list, BUT the FSUIP was there as it had been before.

As Burkhard suggested I changed the paths from relative to absolute.... no change.

I moved the .dll files to Modules-library where FSUIP4 is placed (and works)..... no change. That's the strange part! Why does the FSUIP4 work from that library and not the Tools if I put the .dll:s in the same library?

As for Shaun's instructions in posting #4 the install order is IF you install from the FSX De Luxe disc NOT Addpack disk, in fact Microsoft says on it's FSX-site: "IMPORTANT: If you have already installed Flight Simulator X: Acceleration expansion pack, do not install the SDK Update for Service Pack 2"

I have checked the installations several times AND they are on the C-drive in the default librarys and so are the .dll:s and .xml:s

I'm getting out of ideas now.

Have a nice weekend all of you. Will be out of office until monday (dog exebition in Madrid) so I'll be back on this forum after the weekend.

Jack J Jackson

A Swede in spain.

Sorry to insist, but there must be something wrong in the order. When you install the SDK, the dll.xml gets installed with three times <Disabled>True</Disabled> , so you must have changed that - resp your new installation had no affect to that file. I don't know if this helps...

OK, I will check versions I promised...

Sorry to insist, but there must be something wrong in the order. When you install the SDK, the dll.xml gets installed with three times <Disabled>True</Disabled> , so you must have changed that - resp your new installation had no affect to that file. I don't know if this helps...

OK, I will check versions I promised...

When I right click to FSX.exe, I get a small window where I can select "version" and get a version string. Doing the same to the traffictoolbox.dll I get the same version, what makes sense. Do you also get that? If not one could understand what happens.

Hi again.

Just home from a weekand away from my computer I took a quick look.

FSX says: version 10.0.61637.0

traffictoolbox.dll says: version 10.0.30355.0

So.....

Jack

Dear all,

i saw this thread and it's not really solved this problem. I've an advice for you. I work with vista ultimate 64bit but it will works for you too. Ok, here are the steps:

Do not attempt to install the original retail version of the Flight Simulator X SDK over an updated SDK, as unpredictable results can occur. If for some reason this is required, uninstall all versions of the Flight Simulator X SDK and re-install in chronological order.

1. SDK from FSX Deluxe original DVD

2. SP1a from the Accelleration pack

3. The SDK from the Accelleration pack

Windows Vista

If developing using the Windows Vista operating system, the instructions in this SDK documentation assume the developer is working with Administrator privileges, otherwise security violations can occur when the tools try to create files in protected directories.

A few of the tools require Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 to be installed first. Install this from:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Step 1. Find the right dll.xml file

right klick on start --> explorer --> now look for these folder in the explorer window C:\Users\(User name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml

Step 2. get in the right values

I had some problem with the none direct paths to the sdk folder i setup the full paths. Here is my dll.xml file: (Program Files (x86) is for 32bit progs only, when copy this put the (x86) out )

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?> 
- <SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr> 
- <Launch.Addon>
  <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path> 
  </Launch.Addon>
- <Launch.Addon>
  <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path> 
  </Launch.Addon>
- <Launch.Addon>
  <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path> 
  </Launch.Addon>
- <Launch.Addon>
  <Name>PMDG Options</Name> 
  <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll</Path> 
  </Launch.Addon>
- <Launch.Addon>
  <Name>PMDG Events</Name> 
  <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll</Path> 
  </Launch.Addon>
- <Launch.Addon>
  <Name>PMDG Sounds</Name> 
  <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll</Path> 
  </Launch.Addon>
- <Launch.Addon>
  <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name> 
  </Launch.Addon>
  </SimBase.Document>

and this works very fine for me. Hope this help!

regards

Dave

Hi all

As I stated in an earlier posting, I have to major handicaps, I'm a beginner at this and I'm a Swede in Spain.

I suddenly looked under the "Tools" drop-down menu (on the menu bar) and NOT Add-ons. Beleive it or not, there was

-Object Placement Tool

-Traffic Toolbox

with submenus

-Settings

-Explorer

-Map

-Dump Airport List

-FXTool

AND still under Add-ons was

-FSUIPC

To be honest I DON'T know if the tools had been in that menu all the time.... but after just deleting the text in my dll.xml file and

replacing it with mr-otin's (removing the (x86)-references) and starting FSX everything worked!!!!

I did NOT delete/reinstall my SDK.

Sorry to have wasted all your time but now everything seems to work just fine.

Jack J Jackson

To be honest I DON'T know if the tools had been in that menu all the time.... but after just deleting the text in my dll.xml file and

replacing it with mr-otin's (removing the (x86)-references) and starting FSX everything worked!!!!

I did NOT delete/reinstall my SDK.

Sorry to have wasted all your time but now everything seems to work just fine.

Jack J Jackson

Hallo JJ

It seems thats the paths was setting up in the wrong way (may be). Nice to hear thats working well!

regards

Dave

• 3 months later...

My Traffic X is one of the first add ons I installed. My first impressions: a fantastic tool - absolutely worth it!

Addressed to Burkhard: during a trip from ETME (former base of NAW2) to ETNL the radio was very busy with lots of transmissions from and to 'German Airforce ...', 'German Navy' and 'German Army'.

If I may suggest to schedule an upgrade for coming versions I would like to a get an upgrade of the pronunciation of the word 'GERMAN'. According to your soundfiles it appears a little odd, I think.

Additionally I would like to ask if the visual result is a specific phenomenon of my graphics engine?

post-18832-1221589357_thumb.jpg post-18832-1221589621_thumb.jpg

Against the sunlight (pic01) the vertical stabilizers of the My Traffic aircraft appear somehow 'semi-transparent' or as if they were illuminazed from the inside, wheras with the light of the sun they appear in a way over-exposed and very bright.

Reagrds from Bavaria,

HF

Have you got Direct-X 10 preview mode enabled by any chance? As the textures on the aircraft are not visible at all, unticking the DX10 preview box should fix it. If not then I'm not sure what it is, but its probably graphics driver related.

Have you got Direct-X 10 preview mode enabled by any chance? As the textures on the aircraft are not visible at all, unticking the DX10 preview box should fix it. If not then I'm not sure what it is, but its probably graphics driver related.

You' re right! Unchecking the DX10 preview box leads to this result:

post-18832-1221662631_thumb.jpg post-18832-1221662663_thumb.jpg

But unchecking DX10 preview on the other hand means to loose some features, doesn' t it?

Anyway - thank you very much!

HF

To be honest DX10 mode creates more problems than its worth, its really only a test, hence why its called a preview.

Obviously it has a negative impact on certain visual results at least. The position lights of the default FA-18 for instance appear much more precise now. I' ll keep my eyes open for more details ...

HF

Obviously it has a negative impact on certain visual results at least. The position lights of the default FA-18 for instance appear much more precise now. I' ll keep my eyes open for more details ...

HF

Most of the military models do not support DX10 yet. Full support of the DX10 preview for the military is planned for version 5.2b, which I hope will be available in about a year.