WX and Tracks constantly updating

Hello all, and merry christmas to you :)

Since a few days the WX and Tracks are constantly updating. They get the green "checkmark" with "Online" beside both of them for a few seconds, and then they turn orange with "Updating" beside them.

The Wind data is valid for today with todays date, and the validity is from 25 Dec 00:00z - 27 Dec 00:00z.

Has anyone experienced the same, or know what is causing it?

Cheers,

Orjan.

Hello Orjan,

The same has been happening here, as you point out the data is valid just the persistent connections.

Developer is aware of the issue.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Well thanks for response Mr. Kok. But if it is written "Developer is aware of the issue" I suppose developer is working, otherwise he would not be aware of the issue :-). Ok I will wait and watch out for a solution sometime people are working again.

Regards

Ralf

• Aerosoft

I do not think your supposition is correct.  In these cases the only thing we can do is forward the issue, unless we get immediate feedback we have no way of knowing if any work is being done. And in this case we did not get that feedback (so far). 

We stopped selling PFPX for just these reasons.  Products like this that depend on online sources are always very difficult to maintain over a long period. 

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

Weather and tracks still don't update reliable. I have a paid subscription. That's not so fine. I don't need any update to the product, but as long as money is taken for a service, at least the existing functionality should work.

Rgds
Reinhard

11 minutes ago, aua668 said:

Hi,

Weather and tracks still don't update reliable. I have a paid subscription. That's not so fine. I don't need any update to the product, but as long as money is taken for a service, at least the existing functionality should work.

Rgds
Reinhard

I am not seeing stale data at all Reinhard, all weather and tracks are current.

Agreed the persistent connections issue persists.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb srcooke:

I am not seeing stale data at all Reinhard, all weather and tracks are current.

Agreed the persistent connections issue persists.

Hi,

Wether is most of the time updating. But due to the connection problems I had already sometimes no or old values. Overall it's not reliable at the moment. Downloading of NOTAMS during the release process is also very slow.

Rgds
Reinhard

I too am curious about this. For weeks no WX updates. I have had to switch to a different planner, but keep checking if the problem ever gets fixed. Dif the best flight planner in it's day. I guess I will not buy the subscription anymore, kinda seems pointless. But thanks for the great years. :)

4 minutes ago, Need-To-Know said:

For weeks no WX updates.

Whilst the constant connection issue persists all weather data including METAR, TAF, Winds Aloft is current, I have not seen stale data since this issue arose. Tracks are also updating on schedule. NOTAM's are sometimes slow to retrieve.

Unfortunately I have no further info.

• Thanks 1

Hurray! Thanks Stephen.

After I wrote that I did go and compare wx w/ that other flight planner and seems like the PFPX wind report was correct and fuel planned accordingly.

I will return to my PFPX flight planning routine again.

Happy I can get most of what I need from PFPX and a little notepad plus script to fix the wind file for uploads to the PFPX 737 CDU. That you wrote - :)

PMDG WX_Expression forum link

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy & Terms of Use