Stuck At Aes 1.93 ... Corrupt Installer Preventing Me Upgrading?

Hi

I went back to AES 1.94 from v1.95, because 1.95 caused FS2004 to lock up completely when loading.

Regressing meant FS2004 loaded again, however I got a dialog in AESHelp telling me I must reinstall the latest basepack though, so I duly ran v1.95 installer again.

Installshield then completed very quickly but I discover it has done no file copies. So subsequently I get the very same dialog saying to install the latest basepack.

At this point, I restore an image of aerosoft\AES for v1.93 from backup, and that's fine.. I'm at v1.93 in AESHelp.

BUT now i'm stuck there!!!

Again I try 1.95 installshield install again (using a fresh copy of 1.95 from your website) and once again - installshield goes through its motions but does not copy any files, despite claiming too. The progress bar flies to 100%. The same happens if I try 1.94 basepack installer.

Also, if I try to uninstall the installshield routine says yes it has done that - but everything is still there!

So presumably installshield routine for AES is corrupted on my machine, or the registry, or your install.

Please say how to eliminate AES completely from my PC (every file location, every registry setting, including installshield) so I can try clean reinstall again.

Or you could send the files from the v1.95a basepack individually, so I can add them manually myself and see if that fixes it.

Otherwise I am stuck at v1.93 for ever! Not good since I already registered Chicago o'hare for 1.95 and want to buy lots of sceneries and AES credit packs! Thanks

• Developer

Hi,

can you please send a email to support@aerosoft.com and ask for Help. I think they can help faster that way. I don't make the Installer and have no info about the installer internals.