Berlin update preview (released)

• Aerosoft

We are not far of from a major update for Berlin Brandenburg, one of our best selling airports (ever since FSX btw!). I will post some screenshots over the next few days.

NEW: Now compatible with Xbox!
NEW: Dense animated custom ground traffic with applicable lights and sounds!
NEW: Apron E extension with new parking positions E21-E35 including static GPUs
NEW: Apron A extension with new parking positions A13-A19
NEW: Honeywell VDGS systems (requires Aerosoft VDGS driver)
NEW: Animated people added to the terminals
NEW: Static aircraft (mainly around maintenance areas)
NEW: Aprons and taxiways now show more signs of usage since the airport has been opened.
NEW: Skydiving center VFR object (07L approach)
NEW: New Easyjet maintenance hangar
NEW: New Hotel building at airport plaza behind main terminal
NEW: Container offices structure between main apron and tower
NEW: Bast fences around tower
NEW: Perimeter fences around the whole airport
NEW: More vehicle parking positions for better compatibility with GSX
NEW: Easter egg :)
UPDATED: Huge update of ground layout with many little details changed
UPDATED: More parked cars around airport
UPDATED: Improved texture resolution for most buildings
UPDATED: Improved performance: All models have LODs now
UPDATED: Fixed night illumination and detail of apron lights + collision barriers
UPDATED: Position of stand designator signs + added collision barriers
UPDATED: New Wigwag models
UPDATED: Taxiway guidance at main apron updated to have "virtual courts" (road crossing the apron in the north can now be crossed at one location only, has in-concrete flashlights at stop bars)
UPDATED: Stand positions for less collisions with static equipment
UPDATED: More realistic interior lighting of main terminal
UPDATED: All taxisigns updated to reflect the current apron/taxiway layout
UPDATED: Taxisigns now cause light on the surrounding terrain
UPDATED: Removed default road overlays within airport perimeter
FIXED: Renamed Gate A23 to A11 and A24 to A12
FIXED: Airstairs can now be requested via ATC at gates with no jetways connected to them
FIXED: Updated gate names with A/B/C appendix (e.g. B0702 to B07B as in real world)
FIXED: Removed default road lightdots on airside/apron
FIXED: Terminal sign for B14 was duplicated, B15 missing -> now fixed
FIXED: Transparencies for some airport type designators along stop markers
FIXED: Smoothed some bumpy terrain around bridges and terminal landside

Please login to display this image.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

May I please ask to include parking codes for AI traffic? This will add even more immersion to the airport! Thanks for keeping the scenery up-to-date.

I am sorry if this was covered in the text above but will the textures of the aircraft type stop markings be improved since I can often not read those. Other than that thank you very much for the nice update!

Gonna ask the inevitable question to get it out the way early....

This is a free update or a small fee being charged?   Pretty sure I know the answer but for others who may not have the same conclusion as me, good to get it in black and white.

On 12/19/2022 at 2:28 PM, Er!k said:

May I please ask to include parking codes for AI traffic? This will add even more immersion to the airport! Thanks for keeping the scenery up-to-date.

Not sure if that's what you mean, do you mean airline codes for the applicable stands? Yes.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Benutzer said:

I am sorry if this was covered in the text above but will the textures of the aircraft type stop markings be improved since I can often not read those. Other than that thank you very much for the nice update!

No.

Asked like a million times already but let me give a quick roundup of the background here:

As stated Asobo directly there are technical performance reasons for limiting resolution of the ground layouts. Quite a few developers (us included) are not happy about that but it is what it as at the moment:

https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/324/improve-projected-mesh-texture-quality.html

To give one example: This is the texture of a small gate designator marker at the end of a gate.
For illustrative purposes I selected a really "worst case example" here as this one is supposed to be seen by ground staff (as are the aircraft type markers). The one at the other end if of course much bigger so you can easily make out the designator when coming from the runway.

This is how we deliver it with the addon:

This is what MSFS makes of it:

The only way to bypass this would be to deliver all ground markers at 3D models that flicker at various angles, support no precipitation and have other undesired side-effects.

Fingers crossed that this limitation will become less in future sim updates.

• Thanks 6
  • Upvote 1

Is the old Schönefeld Terminal closed, as it won’t be used anymore? AI is still parking there currently, which of course is not realistic anymore.

18 hours ago, Sasa said:

Not sure if that's what you mean, do you mean airline codes for the applicable stands? Yes.

Yes, that is exactly what I mean. Thanks :)

• Aerosoft

And here some more image... I have been using it as my tests with the A330 today and love it. Much detail, very smooth framerates.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

I am confused about your comment. Is this related to the update for Berlin? I mean that will be free and not 20 Euro. Could it be you are confusing products? 

Or can SK10 explain what this has to do with the free Berlin update? 

What is shown is a DLSS/TAA artifact that is not always easy to avoid and is basically a sim related problem. Check if it is there without clouds. If it is not you know it is sim issue.

But again, if this has nothing to do with the Berlin update I will remove it as it is spamming other topics.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Mathijs Kok:

I am confused about your comment. Is this related to the update for Berlin? I mean that will be free and not 20 Euro.

I just bought your scenery. I think it's overpriced. The quality of the Cologne and Berlin airport sceneryt is a big difference.

Why don't you honestly admit it. 

PS. I was wondering who under my post with Picture reacted like Downvote. Do you think terminal 1 should look like this ? Or is this kind of mobbing towards me? Since I said my opinion.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
14 hours ago, approved said:

I just bought your scenery. I think it's overpriced. The quality of the Cologne and Berlin airport sceneryt is a big difference.

Why don't you honestly admit it. 

This is a preview topic about a free update for Berlin airport. It seems you are discussing Cologne.  no idea why.  I suggest discussing this in the scenery section of this forum. 

And we are getting back on topic now. 

• Upvote 4

Can the problem be fixed with the upcoming update, that the AI always using runway 25R between L4 and L5 as taxiway and not the appropriate taxiway when they are taxiing out for departure from the main terminal?

• Deputy Sheriffs

From the Section header:

Product Previews

See what Aerosoft is working on right now! Please do not ask for release dates because if we can say we would have posted it here and if we do not know we can't say. Any dates that are given should be seen as indications and not promises.

Looking forward to the update :)

Recently a small billboard tower thingy (probably not the correct technical term, but its a large metal structure with billboards on top, so...) has been constructed between the skydiving center and the road at 52.36795414880299, 13.468032698610982. I am wondering if you guys are considering adding it, too? Not that I, or anyone for that matter, needs this ugly think anyway, but as it is even taller than the skydiving center, I could imagine it being a pretty distintive sight on the approach path to 07L.

• Like 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, pchitkara said:

When is it coming out?

On 1/3/2023 at 4:25 AM, Herman said:

From the Section header:

Product Previews

See what Aerosoft is working on right now! Please do not ask for release dates because if we can say we would have posted it here and if we do not know we can't say. Any dates that are given should be seen as indications and not promises.