Honeycomb Bravo Throttle use in P3D v3.2

May I know if any user having their Honeycomb Bravo Throttle be able to use in P3D v3.2 with MCP / autopilot function working and Led light up?

I already downloaded the configurator from Honeycomb website which is designed for P3D v3 and have it installed. However, the configurator can't export profile and make it useable in P3D v3.2. and none of the LED light up. Also, I can't have the AFC Bridge add on running in my P3D v3. 

I am now using the Bravo Throttle in P3D v3.2 by modifying the control.xml file. Examples of how I set the gear lever and parking brakes are copied as follow

-<Entry>

<Index>30</Index>

<Down>GEAR_UP</Down>

</Entry>

-<Entry>

<Index>31</Index>

<Down>GEAR_DOWN</Down>

</Entry>

-<Entry>

<Index>33</Index>

<Down>PARKING_BRAKES</Down>

</Entry>

-<Entry>

<Index>34</Index>

<Down>PARKING_BRAKES</Down>

</Entry>

Questions for experts here:

1) Is it possible to use the Honeycomb configurator to set the Bravo Throttle in P3D V3 for use (mainly the MCP/Autopilot panel and LEDs)? without using other 3rd party software

2) Is it possible to code the control file for mapping the Bravo Throttle to control the increase / decrease in autopilot setting for Altitudes/ Vertical Speed / Heading / Speed etc (equivalent to the setting performed by the configurator below)?

Please login to display this image.

Many thanks 

1 hour ago, SimWare said:

Hi,

What exact plane(s) are you using ?

What profile(s) did you try to load ?

Thanks.

I am using pmdg 777 and also trying with the default p3d aircraft liek Mooney Acclaim with G1000

In terms of profile, i tried to load the default honeycomb profile as well as one made for pmdg 777 sourced from this forum.

i get stuck with the AFC Bridge which doesnt show up in my p3d v3.2 at all.

many thanks🙏🏻 

• Aerosoft

When loading the aircraft in P3D, is there a message appearing on the screen saying how many Honeycomb bindings have been loaded ?

Can you please let me know what exact link you downloaded the Honeycomb driver from ?

Thank you. 

4 hours ago, SimWare said:

When loading the aircraft in P3D, is there a message appearing on the screen saying how many Honeycomb bindings have been loaded ?

Can you please let me know what exact link you downloaded the Honeycomb driver from ?

Thank you. 

Thank you SimWare, there is no message about loading Honeycomb bindings when I load the aircraft in P3D. See screen captures of the relevant loading process for your reference.

I downloaded the Honeycomb driver from the link shown on Honeycomb's website: http://freeware.aerosoft.com/forum/downloads/AS_HONEYCOMB_P3DV3_V2.zip

Thank you for your time for looking into my questions.

44 minutes ago, SimWare said:

Hi,

When using the PMDG, did you activate the PMDG option via the "Actions" menus ?

Best regards.

Thank you, I clicked this option but it only refers to P3D v4 and P3D v5, so I didn't proceed with this.

I tried to activate with version 4, and selected the installation path with P3D V3. I got a message box and an error message as attached below

• Aerosoft

Hi Jerry,

PMDG support for our HC software can indeed only be provided P3Dv4 upwards, due to the fundamental change from 32 to 64 bit between the two versions. Regarding your general problem:

Judging from my P3D account, the latest P3Dv3 version has been 3.4.22.19868, not 3.2. If I remember correctly this is also the version we require from an interfacing standpoint. So I suggest upgrading to that one to see if it solves your problem.

• Like 2

• Aerosoft

As a general idea I suggest you switch to P3Dv4 if feasible.
The 64 bits versions have wider compatibility capability.
Also potential future developpements in general will most likely only apply to 64 bits programs due to RAM limitations.

Best regards.