Aerosoft and JustFlight Product Installers

Steve G

There a couple of JustFlight products I'd like to buy but I'm put off by the JustFlight installer as this will only allow installation in to the Community folder. Now I know I could just cut and paste in to my AddonsLinker folder, but on my system it isn't so easy. If I try to do that Windows says that my organisation doesn't allow that. The solutions given by Microsoft are numerous and technical and frankly, life is too short to mess around with this. Therefore, could I ask, if i buy a JustFlight product from Aerosoft will it use the JustFlight or the Aerosoft installer?

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Steve G said:

If I try to do that Windows says that my organisation doesn't allow that.

And you got the permission to install a game on a company laptop? I would have been kicked immediately.

Thanks Mathijs for your prompt reply - even though it wasn't the answer I was hoping for! 😞 And congratulations on your recent release of North Sea Landmarks. It looks amazing, and is so different from anything else out there. I haven't bought it yet, but it's definitely on my Christmas list!

Mopperle: No, this isn't a work laptop, this is on my home PC, which is my the message makes no sense. It's not exactly a rare problem though and if you Google it there are loads of different potential solutions of increasing complexity on the Microsoft support pages and I have tried some of them without effect. Many of the solutions involve diving far further in to the guts of Windows than I'm comfortable with and, as I said in the OP life's too short. I'd rather be flying than wasting hours of my precious downtime banging my head against Windows. It's just a shame there's no flexibility with the JustFlight installer and it's frustrating that they have it locked down like that. More enlightened developers, such as Aerosoft and OrbX, don't seem to have a problem with letting the user choose an installation location rather than having one forced on them, so why not JustFlight?!  (rhetorical question)