Creating Profiles within X-Plane, then further adjustment within Honeycomb Configurator

Hi

I have a Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant.  I recently created a new profile (based on the default User Profile) and mapped the Autopilot buttons (HDG, NAV, APR etc) from within the Settings>Joystick facility of X-Plane 11.  When I look at the files extension of this new profile I see that it now spread over two files, xxxxx - Joystick.prf & xxxxx - Keys.prf   

My next task was to map the ALT / VS / HDG / etc knob and the DECR / INCR knob.  As I understand this cannot be done within the X-Plane Settings>Joystick facility I have also recently been teaching myself how to do this mapping within Honeycomb Configurator (Version 2.1.0).   When I look at the profile I worked on within Honeycomb Configurator I see the file extension is .json and not .prf, also it is a single file, not two.

As a further 'test' I decided to attempt to import a profile(s) into Honeycomb Configurator (from X-Plane>Settings>Joystick, and also from Aerosoft website)....

Attempt 1:-

1- Opened Honeycomb Configurator

2- Selected Settings

3- Selected Import Profiles

4- The contents of the Control Profiles directory were displayed, however I could not select the relevant profile as all those displayed (which were created within X-Plane>Settings>Joystick) were 'greyed out'.  (The displayed 'greyed out' profiles all had a extension of .prf)

Attempt 2:-

1- Went to forum.aerosoft.com, then to option Downloads and downloaded a profile for a Embraer Phenom 300.

2- Opened Honeycomb Configurator

2- Selected Settings

3- Selected Import Profiles

4- The contents of the Control Profiles directory were displayed, but I then moved to the Downloads directory however even though I could see the recently downloaded profile I could not select the Embraer Phenom 300 profile as it was 'greyed out'.  The displayed 'greyed out' profile had a extension of .json

I then did one further test.  

1- Opened Honeycomb Configurator

2- Selected Settings

3- Selected Export Profiles

4- Selected one of my profiles, then clicked on Export Profile

5- I was presented with the Save screen.  I changed file name from the default export.json to the name I had given the profile when I originally created it within Honeycomb Configurator (but leaving the file extension as .json).  I then pointed the file to the folder of X-Plane 11>Output>preferences>control profiles.  The file was placed in this director as I believe this is the location my other profiles, created / amended in  X-Plane>Settings>Joystick are located (however they were given, by the system, the extension of .prf)

6- Finally opened up X-Plane 11, returned to X-Plane>Settings>Joystick and searched for the profile I had just saved, but it was not there (displayed).

Conclusion & Questions

I have looked at a number of on-line written instructions & videos where I get the impression that a Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant profile can be created within X-Plane, then be amended within Honeycomb Configurator, or vice versa.

So my questions are…..

Q1 - Is it possible to create/amend a profile (for example mapping the autopilot buttons) within X-Plane the Settings>Joystick facility, then import it into Honeycomb Configurator and continue with mapping the two variable knobs.

Q2 - If so how? Could someone please point me to relevent documentation / videos?

Q3 - If the answer to Q1 is NO, what, if any, options do I have as I would preferably like to have as much control of the autopilot actions controlled from my Throttle Quadrant.

Many thanks for your assistance. 

PS - I am running on an iMac (if that has any bearing on the matter)

• 1 month later...

have you had any success in finding the new profile of the honeycomb throttle in the xplane joystick menu?

It seems that when I save a profile the file is saved at xplane11/resources/plugins/AFC bridge/honeycomb profiles.

I do not know how to get the file over to the joystick menu when I am in the sim so I can choose it as a profile.

Thanks for the help