Instruments - Garmin GNS530/430 Working Title Compatibility - Instrument Self-Test Indications

amahran

Hey guys,

Since WT has released their GNS430 beta on the marketplace, I've been inclined to try it with the Aerosoft Twin Otter. One of the bugs I'm seeing is the failure of the HSI/OBS instruments to participate in the GNS units' self tests:

Please login to display this image.

As you can see, the upper GNS unit is in self test mode. The Indications fail to accurately reflect the GNS command positions (excluding the HSI course selection for the upper and lower). For reference, this is generally the self-test state for a fully loaded HSI (with the OBS not representing the vertical command data, of course)

gpstesthsi.jpg

Other than that, the GPS indications on the GNS unit seem to work just fine during flight. 

My recommendation is that Aerosoft work with Working Title in order to make the units show the correct indications from the GNS self test.

• Upvote 1