TOD is gone when I do a DCT / Direct

Tbo

Hi,

When I do a DCT the TOD infos are just gone... It is showing normally if I don't do any direct in my FPL during my flight.

I tried to search for similar issues but couldn't find it.

Anyone else?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Tbo said:

Hi,

When I do a DCT the TOD infos are just gone... It is showing normally if I don't do any direct in my FPL during my flight.

I tried to search for similar issues but couldn't find it.

Anyone else?

Thanks

I've seen this reported quite a few times since the very first release of the CRJ.

• 3 weeks later...

I see this as well from time to time.

I just go into the Fix page and set a radius 3X that of my altitude (which is the rule of thumb according to real world CRJ pilots).  I then do a second with 3X 10,000 feet.

The idea is, if you're flying at F280, multiply 28 X 3 = 84. This will draw a radius 84NM from the Airport, which is when you would need to start your descent. The second, 10 X 3 = 30 is the 30 mile radius where you should be at at least 10,000 feet or below. 

I do these for every flight and the ring usually lines right up with the TOD (when / if it appears). 

I hope that helps as a work around.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/30/2022 at 3:44 PM, skypilotYTS said:

I see this as well from time to time.

I just go into the Fix page and set a radius 3X that of my altitude (which is the rule of thumb according to real world CRJ pilots).  I then do a second with 3X 10,000 feet.

The idea is, if you're flying at F280, multiply 28 X 3 = 84. This will draw a radius 84NM from the Airport, which is when you would need to start your descent. The second, 10 X 3 = 30 is the 30 mile radius where you should be at at least 10,000 feet or below. 

I do these for every flight and the ring usually lines right up with the TOD (when / if it appears). 

I hope that helps as a work around.

I do this on all aircraft after I reach Cruise altitude. :)

• 2 weeks later...

For a more accurate TOD ring

(Cruise ALT - MSL of the Arrival Airport) then First Tow Digits of the result and multiply by 3

Arrival Airport MSL = 1000 ft

Cruise = FL36000

36000-1000=35000

35x3=105 NM TOD

This will put you very close to 10,000ft at 30 miles also.

This is for a roughly 1800 fpm descent rate. 

• Upvote 2