A330 will not load

Caribbean_Redz

Greetings all,

I have done a reinstall several times and nothing seems to be working.

The A333 has been installed and was working up until last week. I also use the baby buses, but only the 318/319 installed. I did a clean reinstall of the baby buses first, tested them and they load. Installed the 330 with the anitvirus off and when I start the sim (after the restarts) it will hang the simulator.

Can anyone offer any assistance as to why this might be happening?

PS. I also did a sim repair prior to installing the two aircraft types.

• Deputy Sheriffs

When it worked before, something significant must have been changed on your system.

And for future reference: tell us which sim in which exact version and which add-on in which exact version you are using.

11 hours ago, mopperle said:

When it worked before, something significant must have been changed on your system.

And for future reference: tell us which sim in which exact version and which add-on in which exact version you are using.

my apologies. It was long after I turned off the PC that i realized I didn't have the said information.

There was no change to the system where the Simulator is concerned.

I am using:

• windows 10
  • P3D v4.5 (latest version)
  • a333 (v1.0.5.1)

I would have deleted the baby buses and reinstalled and the baby bus works fine. Not sure what the issue is with the widebody.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

What do ypu expect? it worked on your system and now it does not work anymore. And this is a clear sign that something must have changed on your system: any update (e.g. Windows), any other software installed, new version of a AV scanner .......

It is very hard to track down a local issue on a indivdual system. Run the attached tool and post the output so that we get some more details. Also check the Windows Eventviewer for entry at the time when P3D hangs.

You can also post some files:
dll.xml - located here C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 and here C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\

exe.xml - located here "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\" and here "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\"

add-ons.cfg located here "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\" and here "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\"

ASVersionInfo_1104.zip

• Upvote 1

I have the same issue, only thing I did in regards to changes to the system was performing the automatic windows update.. 

Its only the A330 that wont load anymore, all the rest of my add on aircraft still work like usual but the A330 wont load up anymore, when selecting it P3D just freezes and I need to quit it via end process. 

I am on Windows 10, latest version of P3D and latest version of the A330

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, The787Flyer said:

I have the same issue, only thing I did in regards to changes to the system was performing the automatic windows update.. 

Its only the A330 that wont load anymore, all the rest of my add on aircraft still work like usual but the A330 wont load up anymore, when selecting it P3D just freezes and I need to quit it via end process. 

I am on Windows 10, latest version of P3D and latest version of the A330

19 hours ago, mopperle said:

What do ypu expect? it worked on your system and now it does not work anymore. And this is a clear sign that something must have changed on your system: any update (e.g. Windows), any other software installed, new version of a AV scanner .......

It is very hard to track down a local issue on a indivdual system. Run the attached tool and post the output so that we get some more details. Also check the Windows Eventviewer for entry at the time when P3D hangs.

dll.xml - located here C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 and here C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\

exe.xml - located here "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\" and here "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\"

add-ons.cfg located here "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\" and here "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\"

ASVersionInfo_1104.zip 14.93 kB · 0 downloads

• Deputy Sheriffs
24 minutes ago, The787Flyer said:

I have read your reply to the OP already, I am not an illiterate. 

Ok, so what about my other suggestions/question?

Also. I suggest to install the latest Visual C++ redistributables. They are missing on your system:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-gb/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170

BTW. the A330 loads fine on my system under Win10 and now under Win11

Please login to display this image.

One at a time 

The event viewer only states that p3d has stopped interacting with Windows, no error code what so ever. (as p3d just hangs and I forcefully have to quit it) 

I didn't change my antivirus nor did I any major changes to my system apart from the automatic windows update as already stated. 

I will go ahead and install the newer version of the Visual C++ Redist., thanks for the suggestion. 

The other files have now also been attached

dll.xml dll.xml exe.xml add-ons.cfg exe.xml add-ons.cfg

On 10/29/2022 at 10:03 AM, The787Flyer said:

Cheers for the great customer support, I have read your reply to the OP already, I am not an illiterate. 

I was merely stating that I too got the same problem.

I attached the file.

ASVersionInfo 29.10.2022.TXT 3.78 kB · 2 downloads

Thank you for replying this way to the aid... I do not get why he needed to state "what do you expect?" - that was disrespectful Mr. Schäfer. If I/we knew what was wrong I/we would not have come to the forum.

I will attempt to follow all the suggestions that you made so that we can find the issue or at least get closer to solving it.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2022 at 2:04 PM, mopperle said:

ASVersionInfo_1104.zip 14.93 kB · 1 download

Here are the files you requested

add-ons_programdata.cfg add-ons_roaming.cfg ASVersioninfo 30.10.2022.TXT dll_programdata.xml dll_roaming.xml EXE_roaming.xml exe_programdata.xml

• Deputy Sheriffs

Again, when a piece of sofware, that works before, suddenly fails, something must have changed on the system and set the system into a state where it does not behave as expected by the other software. The fact that other software still works doesnt mean anything. If software A makes a functional call to the system, to provide a certain functionality and the system does not answer as expected, software A fails. If software B does not have a certain functionality and therefor does not make a certain call, it will of course not fail.

And as said, I do not see this problem, the A330 loads fine on my machine (now on WIN11 and WIN 10 in the past). The main differences I see on your both setups compared to mine:
- I do not have RAASPro. It is known that it can sometimes cause problems for whatever reason. So please uninstall it (deactivating is not enough!)

- I have installed all my addons outside the P3D rootfolder and outside the Documents folder.

So please do the following for the A330:
- uninstall it completely

- create a folder on your disk like C:/P3Dv4 Addons

- run the installer of the A330 and point it to the folder you just created.

The other (hardcore) solution: Make a fresh install of your OS, of P3D and the A330 and it will definitely work. But this is of course something most people do not want to hear.

4 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Again, when a piece of sofware, that works before, suddenly fails, something must have changed on the system and set the system into a state where it does not behave as expected by the other software. The fact that other software still works doesnt mean anything. If software A makes a functional call to the system, to provide a certain functionality and the system does not answer as expected, software A fails. If software B does not have a certain functionality and therefor does not make a certain call, it will of course not fail.

And as said, I do not see this problem, the A330 loads fine on my machine (now on WIN11 and WIN 10 in the past). The main differences I see on your both setups compared to mine:
- I do not have RAASPro. It is known that it can sometimes cause problems for whatever reason. So please uninstall it (deactivating is not enough!)

- I have installed all my addons outside the P3D rootfolder and outside the Documents folder.

So please do the following for the A330:
- uninstall it completely

- create a folder on your disk like C:/P3Dv4 Addons

- run the installer of the A330 and point it to the folder you just created.

The other (hardcore) solution: Make a fresh install of your OS, of P3D and the A330 and it will definitely work. But this is of course something most people do not want to hear.

Sir,

I am sure I can speak for the other person when I say this - we have no issues with what you said above. We are not technicians. Therefore, what you explained in the last post gives clarity.

Our issue was, your choice of words as you assume that we all should know - when we don't. When you lead with the question, "What did you expect?" How did you think I would receive it? It was seen as dismissive as if to suggest I should know. I suggest you refrain from doing that.

Secondly, my Aerosoft folder is not located in the root folder. I have done reinstallations several times on this PC and never had this issue and again it was just specific to the 333. Now that you shared how things could possibly occur, I have a greater appreciation for the problem. I will try the installation without RASSPro and see if that solves the issue.

Thank you. Will report back.

• Like 1

Well... I must say that I have never experienced anything like the aerosoft support never have I been talked to, or rather written to, as if I am a little toddler, keep it up

In the meantime I went ahead and reinstalled the A330 without selecting the RAASPro but yet get the p3d freeze, same with removing the TrueGlass folder which, after searching the forums, used to work for others already but yet get the same result. 

I will go ahead and try installing it into another folder (might want to update your installers to automatically do that, saves you maybe a few stupid customers that will get on your nerves)

If that doesnt work I will just uninstall it and write it off so that you wont need to waste any more of your precious energy on my issue, as I will accept the fact that I am just not worthy of using your superior product which, rest assured, will definitely be the last product I ever buy from you. Not that the products are bad (if they work), quite the opposite but your customer support is appaling and I refuse to support anything like it. 

And yes you are right, I most definitely dont want to hear that I need to reinstall my complete OS to make your product work again as I did not do any major system changes and I refuse to see a normal windows update as a major system change. I specifically use this PC for flight simulation ONLY, heck I dont even check my emails on that PC..

I got another PC for my day to day work, specifically to get as few problems with the sim as possible, which worked great until now. 

Good day

• Like 1

I reinstalled, and this was the xml error from the event viewer.

- <System>
  <Provider Name="Application Hang" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
  <Version>0</Version>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>101</Task>
  <Opcode>0</Opcode>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2022-10-30T18:58:11.1593909Z" />
  <EventRecordID>50845</EventRecordID>
  <Correlation />
  <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>RedzFlight</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>Prepar3D.exe</Data>
  <Data>4.5.14.34698</Data>
  <Data>3d7c</Data>
  <Data>01d8ec90d5a375d9</Data>
  <Data>44</Data>
  <Data>D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe</Data>
  <Data>fc131c23-f34f-4c86-a52f-0e7a416cbc76</Data>
  <Data />
  <Data />
  <Data>Unknown</Data>
  <Binary>55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000</Binary>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

The program Prepar3D.exe version 4.5.14.34698 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
 Process ID: 3d7c
 Start Time: 01d8ec90d5a375d9
 Termination Time: 44
 Application Path: D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
 Report Id: fc131c23-f34f-4c86-a52f-0e7a416cbc76
 Faulting package full name:
 Faulting package-relative application ID:
 Hang type: Unknown

• Deputy Sheriffs

How do you get the idea that I downvoted you? Maybe there are other not accepting your attitude. But as you are not willing to accept my suggestions and your are obviously not really interested in getting support. And btw. I'm not Aerosoft staff. I'm just a user that tries to help others. But you are right, I'm not willing to waste my time with people like you any further.

• Upvote 1

I just assumed it like you did with me and the other person seeking support here...

My attitude? If you would have started with another and more respectful attitude towards me/us I would have not gotten a likewise attitude! Why should I stay calm and kind while you talk down on people like they are little toddlers? I am sorry that I am not an informatician or computer scientist and dont do leaps of joy when instructed to proceed with a complete reinstall of my OS...

And I did proceed with all your suggestions if you read above, I provided every file you asked and reinstalled the aircraft in the ways you suggested, I just didnt perform a reset of my OS for obvious reasons. Maybe its also my fault that the suggestions didnt work out, sorry then. 

At least you have been honest now, cheers for that 

On 10/31/2022 at 5:32 AM, mopperle said:

How do you get the idea that I downvoted you? Maybe there are other not accepting your attitude. But as you are not willing to accept my suggestions and your are obviously not really interested in getting support. And btw. I'm not Aerosoft staff. I'm just a user that tries to help others. But you are right, I'm not willing to waste my time with people like you any further.

What's amazing about this statement from you - as a leader on this board - is that you did not and seemingly do not think you played a role in how we have responded to you. Whether or not you are Aerosoft Staff member, you just said you are trying to help others here and for that we are thankful. However, you did mess up/come off as very aggressive (dismissive) and you ought to take responsibility for that rather than constantly putting down the other party.

You have been unprofessional in your text and if you can't appreciate that openly, then I hope that the next person who needs help - you being the one to attempt to assist them - you remember to be mindful of how you say things over text; how the other person may receive it.

As my elders would say, it's not what you say, rather how you say it.

Thank you again for your help. All the very best, Mr. Schäfer.

• Like 1

Quick update..

I am still in contact with aerosoft support as to find the issue of the problem BUT today I decided to just keep P3D running after it hangs and after roughly 5 minutes of freezing, the aircraft actually loaded up and worked.. still quite a weird issue as no other add on aircrafts freezes the start scenario screen for 5 minutes before loading... but yeah with enough patience the aircraft seems to load for me 

And I can only agree to what the other user said, its how you say something to other people that makes the difference! 

On 11/3/2022 at 1:25 PM, The787Flyer said:

Quick update..

I am still in contact with aerosoft support as to find the issue of the problem BUT today I decided to just keep P3D running after it hangs and after roughly 5 minutes of freezing, the aircraft actually loaded up and worked.. still quite a weird issue as no other add on aircrafts freezes the start scenario screen for 5 minutes before loading... but yeah with enough patience the aircraft seems to load for me 

And I can only agree to what the other user said, its how you say something to other people that makes the difference! 

Update:

This too happened for me. after 5 mins exactly, the plane loaded.