I appreciate that an effort was made, but initially I must say it's unusable. Even the slightest bit of noise on your throttle axis (and that's not uncommon) will make the throttle sounds play over and over on top of each other. 

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
11 hours ago, WF971 said:

I appreciate that an effort was made, but initially I must say it's unusable. Even the slightest bit of noise on your throttle axis (and that's not uncommon) will make the throttle sounds play over and over on top of each other. 

That simply can't be a 'bit' of noise but has to be rather serious. I suggest cleaning the potentiometers, that will solve the problem.

• Like 2

So far the sound is quite an improvement on the previous sound package… but…
still a couple of remarks:
positive:

1. I like the added bass in the sound
  2. the interior and external sounds (with 1 exception) are very smooth
  3. no bleeding ears anymore
  4. no talking people anymore while shutting down engine

negative:

1. if you start engine 2 first, after starting up in non/feathered way, the engine sound goes mute after a couple of seconds while the engine just keeps spinning
  2. I bound the proplevers to a controlwheel on my joystick, while making adjustments it gives a non-smooth sound
  3. when shutting down and putting the throttlelevers to the off position, they “start” a separate sound without a smooth transition from the current soundlevel
  4. touchdown sound of the wheels are to loud and to artificial in my opinion.

Despite the negative points (maybe Iam the only one suffering from it, but please let me know)
its an overall great improvement of the sounds. Unfortunately it took way to long in my opinion, but it was well worth it waiting for.

Let me know if a demo is needed, than i will record the issues mentioned above

No headphone mode, I like my sounds pure lol.

Iam using headphones myself though, to get the best audio experience.

Edit:

My last test flight today. Internal and external sounds with all kind off variations (throttle,prop, gen on/off, feather etc settings), including the issues from my previous post.

Testing the new Twin otter sound update to st Barth - Twitch

I found out that I liked the "reverse" sound, better in the previous edition. But thats just personal taste. Beside that I think i heard some very slight voices through the sound between 00:14:37 till 00:15:03.  Could be some other interference but i didnt noticed it troughout the rest of the flight.

Thanks for the video

I agree with you re the reverse sounds.  In the otter, they're far more intense than what the sound is here. There's amore discerning and aggressive change of pitch which doesn't come out here. Mathijs, I'd suggest this is just fine tuning some of the the sound levels.  Overall though, it is better and the pitch change with prop movement has been better captured.  I also agree re touchdown sounds.  Just a bit too much.  With a soft touchdown, these should be heard but not overwhelm the sounds.  Again, a minor tweak I would have thought.  

I like the new soundset, too.

But the noise from moving throttle and propeller levers is relly horrible! There seems to be one short soundfile that sounds like moving the lever quickly from min to max. It sounds like someone is scratching over a surface. But when we pilots move our levers slowly, it seems that this one soundfile is playing repeadingly untill we stop moving our levers. It sounds like "scrtch-scrtch-scrtch....". For me it would be better to have noiseless levers in the VC as this one.

• Aerosoft
On 12/1/2022 at 11:12 AM, Ha_Ma said:

I like the new soundset, too.

But the noise from moving throttle and propeller levers is relly horrible! There seems to be one short soundfile that sounds like moving the lever quickly from min to max. It sounds like someone is scratching over a surface. But when we pilots move our levers slowly, it seems that this one soundfile is playing repeadingly untill we stop moving our levers. It sounds like "scrtch-scrtch-scrtch....". For me it would be better to have noiseless levers in the VC as this one.

We will look into that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It went better but a few Issues?

Shutting down the Engines. Fuel Lever Cut Off and a huge Sound Impact from the Shutdown. And who is crawling through the Cockpit, making all this knocking Noises?

Same with switching off Main and Battery. Plane goes quit, only some Noise from the Fans and then the same loud Sound Impact when switching the Electrics off. And the same Guy is crawling through the Cockpit again.

The odd crawling sound is correlated with oscillations of the propeller lever. However, aside from that I like the new sounds a lot too, and I am right back in the cockpit of this wonderful plane. A great joy, and a long time favourite of mine. Well done AS team. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I Like the new soundset a lot more than the old. With volume turned on you feel the rumble in your stomach! Changing throttle e.g. souns more natural now. Thanks for the new set!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Aerosoft
3 hours ago, gertd57 said:

I Like the new soundset a lot more than the old. With volume turned on you feel the rumble in your stomach! Changing throttle e.g. souns more natural now. Thanks for the new set!!

Thanks for the nice comments. This was REALLY causing me ulcers and I am very glad we have it solved.
We did find a few very small issues that will soon be fixed.

• Like 4

Am 4.12.2022 um 14:08 schrieb BrianV:

The odd crawling sound is correlated with oscillations of the propeller lever. However, aside from that I like the new sounds a lot too, and I am right back in the cockpit of this wonderful plane. A great joy, and a long time favourite of mine. Well done AS team. 

The knocking Sound is more like someone is opening a Door in the Background. The Engines are stopped at this point. Where should the oscillation came from? And there is more like a heavy Breathing (once) and someone is moving around in a Seat and doing some Paperwork. You have to wait the whole Shutdown Sequence to notice them.  If you switch Views or End the Flight to early, you didn't notice them. And if you switch to the Outside View, the Cockpit Sound Shutdown Sequence is stopped.

Switch Off the Electrics, change the View to Outside View and go back to Cockpit View immediately, the Cockpit is silent.

Anyway, the Sounds are better as before.

• Like 2

My thoughts. Good but some Adjustments needed.
Volume Adjustment for Engine and Electrics Shutdown. The new Sound Sequence kicks in to loud.

Touchdown Impact is a litte bit to loud, too.

Missing Engine Sound for Right Engine Start Up with Prop Lever Back. Engine reaches Idle RPM and goes quite as phjaap noticed. Sound comes back with Prop Lever forward.

For me, the Prop Volume inside the Cockpit could have a little bit more Bass and Volume.

One find not everyone will notice. Depence on your Sound Systeme and your ability to here high Frequencies.

Every time when going from Outside View into Cockpit View, there is a high pitched Turbine Like Tone, slowly rising up in Frequency.  Not very loud but noticeable.

One little Issue:

Shutdown the Engines, wait until they are stopped, Switch Off the Electrics and while the Shutdown Sound is running, switch On the Electrics again.

The Shutdown Sound is not stopped and mixed with the normal Electric Sounds.