Recommended hardware October

• Root Admin

Are you kidding me? The hardware landscape is so incredibly confusing at this moment that any advice I could give you would be silly. 

I can tell you that I spend a day with a Intel Arc 770 LE, had to give it back unfortunately, and was very (VERY) surprised about the performance.  On my system it matched my 3060 RTX easy with the stuff I used. And it is supposed to be around $100 less in sales. That would mean Intel would grab that market in a few weeks. MSFS in DX12 mode worked great, seriously smooth. Our other sims worked okay when the engine was old (like for OMSI) and great then the engine was modern. Same thing about CPU's. So many new chips and so many prices that are fluctuating... 

My advise? Don't buy anything in the next two months if you do not have to.

-----------

Planned for this channel are two articles:

1. Updating my backup MSFS system (this one of super clean, Win11, MSFS and the add-on I need to check). I will change the CPU and GPU:
    Ryzen 7 3800X -> Ryzen 7 5800X
    AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT -> GeForce 3060 Ti
  2. Why you simply need a Xbox controller. Believe me, you do, even if you have a full cockpit.

• Upvote 1