Bravo Throttle Problems

rodders1947

Hello. I currently use P3D v5.3 and MSFS2020. My problem is with the throttle setup of the bravo system.

For P3D I use the 2 LH for throttles,2 center for prop and 2 RH for mixture, but with fs2020 I have to swap them around so that the 2 centre are throttles, reason is the 2 LH just act like a switch up to 1500 rpm either 0 or 1500 ?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Are you sure you're assigning the levers to an axis and not one of the other choices, like 0-100% (IIRC)? They indeed work as you'd expect if the bindings are correct. The key is to use an axis for all six levers. So, for lever one (far left), it's THROTTLE 1 axis. For lever three (third from the left), PROPELLER 1 axis. For lever five (fifth from the left), MIXTURE 1 axis, and correspondingly for levers two, four and six and the appropriate engine 2 axes.

See if this thread helps you out. Start at the beginning and work through each step, even if you think you've already done it right. While it's oriented towards a Saitek unit, the axis assignments and process is applicable to the Bravo as well. Note in Step 7 the use of the throttle one axis.

BTW, since your question bridges both P3D and MFS, a better place to post is the Hardware Support section here.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Herman, FYI I have been doing flight sims since commodore 64 days so I am well versed in how to setup TPM gear.  My question is :-  WHY do the TPM bravo unit work as they should in P3D and Xplane, i.e. the TWO LH levers are Linear throttles, BUT in MSFS 2020 they work as a throttle but NOT linear, meaning the first 1/2 of the movement gives no input and then jumps to 1500 rpm. ?  The Axis is set the same way in all three simulators ?

• Aerosoft

Hello,

For MSFS, please try this calibration as described in the tutorial below :

(the first two levers on the left are X and Y and are treated as symmetrical axes.

So, the zero isn't at the bottom of the lever course, but in the middle.)

Best regards.