Available 'entry configurations' available for Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo with MSFS?

Hi folks,

I have the Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo system and a Crosswinds Rudder pedals setup. I also have the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, but for now, I'm wondering if there is a good 'starter', or 'entry-level' configuration file available for the Honeycomb system (for FS 2020), that can be downloaded and dropped into the 'required folder' for the sim.

Basically, a configuration that would be applicable for single or twin-engine GA aircraft and work well enough to get a basic foundation arrangement. Then the user can go in and make the changes from that point. Does anyone know of such a file or possibly someone who wouldn't mind uploading their configuration for me to download?

I have Windows 10 Pro 64bit and a custom-built desktop.

Thank you,

Rich

Hi Rich.

When you have the Aplha and Bravo plugged in and start MSFS it will find the hardware and assigns a standard configuration to these devices. These usually work quite fine for basics.

When you wish to make changes in these profiles you must save a copy first (FS will prompt you to do so) because FS does not allow to change the default profile.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
28 minutes ago, Ha_Ma said:

because FS does not allow to change the default profile.

Hi,

Ha_Ma is pointing something extremely right and important.
Default profile are not alterable (wich is actually the purpose of default profiles)

Make sure you name the new ones so that you know directly what they are fo.

It is useless to put the device name in the profile name as the profile name is just below the device in MSFS : 

Example

Please login to display this image.

This one is easier : 

Please login to display this image.

I also suggest you create new profiles from scratch, especially when you have multiple devices connected as some of the 

default assignments may be redundant.

Best regards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank You to all!! Very valuable info, SimWare! For as much research that I've been doing in the past week, I'm surprised that I didn't find a reference to the "How to create new controller profiles in MSFS" in the various browser options that came up as I would search. I may have simply overlooked it.

At any rate, that article is extremely important to me and I plan to print it out so I can use it as a guide while FS is open! Please consider my topic answered.

I'm planning to get this going by late this afternoon.

Rich

• Aerosoft

Hello Rich,

Thank you for this !

Much appreciated.

As general information, as you are going to create new profiles

with new assignments, this post could be interesting,

especially the part about the default assignments :

Best regards.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Thanks again Simware! Yes, the additional info will be very important to me in more ways than one. In fact, when I flew FSX, (9+years), eventually, I bought the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS. I 've had it for about the last 3 or 4 years of my FSX flights. I found the TARGET software to be very helpful and I created profiles for the TM controller that included all the sensitivity, profile curves and dead-zone options.

Now I see that FS 2020 also offers a similar group of options. I haven't yet tried the Thrustmaster system and I won't for at least another week. I'm going to start with the Honeycomb and then later, I'll go to the Thrustmaster. 

When the time comes for me to setup my TM controllers, I should have a pretty good understanding of the FS control system settings by then. At this point, I have the TM TARGET software installed but I may find it better to use the FS control settings rather than the TARGET.

But that concern is for another day. Right now, I'm focused on the Honeycomb controls and I just finished copying the guide that you posted "How to create new controller profiles in MSFS".

I'm also going to read this recent information "Hardware / Software compatibility: What does it REALLY mean?" that you were nice enough to post. I anxious as I am to get to the FS sim and actually fly sometime soon, (like today), I don't want to be in such a rush that I wind up spending the time trying to figure out what's going on. So, I'm going to take the time to read these additional guides so that I know what to expect when I startup FS.

Rich

• Like 1