EDDS airport: apron with slopes and jetway not working

Freccia

Hi, I bought FeelThere EDDS Airport from you. I had to delete the default MSFS airport, deleted the contents of the SceneryIndexes folder and deleted the Content.xml file (which, strangely enough, MSFS never recreated).

After these operations, now the runway and the taxiwai are "decent", however the apron has very steep slopes and the jetways do not work.

What can I do to fix it?

Thank you.

P.S .: SU10 installed

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I do not have this installed, but where did it say you had to delete standard content?

If you don't delete Asobo/Microsoft EDDS you can't even land because the runway is full of very pronounced bumps, not to mention the taxiways that sink into the ground.

By uninstalling EDDS by default, at least the runway and taxiways return to being acceptable but the apron has steep slopes. Not knowing the airport I was wondering if it was really like that apron.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As an aside, deleting the default airport is suggested in certain specific situations (A certain add-on Innsbruck/LOWI) but should not be understood to be necessary in the great majority of cases. As seen here, it appears to have helped solve one situation but to have caused another. That said, it's a reasonable troubleshooting step if the default is deleted correctly. Doing it through the Content Manager in-sim is one way and editing the content.xml file is another, but there may be other safe ones. I recommend NOT doing it by manually deleting files in the sim folder.

Update 26/9: Based on a thread with supporting links at the Orbx site, it appears edits to the content.xml file are redundant, and the file itself no longer used. Deleting it and allowing the sim to rebuild it was a troubleshooting step in some instances, but according to the linked thread, if you delete it, it's no longer respawned.

Since SU10 there is no more Content.xml from the FS itself. Only Navigraph Nav Data does recreate such a new .xml. When you deleted this, you have deleted important informations for Navigraph.

Try to reinstall the actual Airac Cycle, hopefully this will solve your problem.

Or maybe you have the Content.xml left in your paper bin and can recreate it from there?!

• Aerosoft
3 hours ago, Freccia said:

If you don't delete Asobo/Microsoft EDDS you can't even land because the runway is full of very pronounced bumps, not to mention the taxiways that sink into the ground.

By uninstalling EDDS by default, at least the runway and taxiways return to being acceptable but the apron has steep slopes. Not knowing the airport I was wondering if it was really like that apron.

Okay, to be honest, I simply did not know that. I will contact FeelThere to see if they have any advice. 

Quick question, if you disable a default file, will it nor be enabled with every update?

On 9/23/2022 at 10:00 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Quick question, if you disable a default file, will it nor be enabled with every update?

No, I uninstalled the airport by default and the update leaves it disabled.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I recall that in earlier sim versions, default content, at least aircraft, would be restored during an update. I disabled a lot of aircraft I'd never use and they'd be reactivated during updates. As Freccia notes, that doesn't seem to happen anymore.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

FeelThere's support service replied and wrote me: Please verify that you have uninstalled EDDS Asobo version.

This is what I wrote in response: Hi, that's what I did otherwise the airport would have been completely impractical. However, even uninstalling Asobo's EDDS, the apron has steep slopes.

• Thanks 1