Honeycomb Alpha Yoke Issue in P3D 5.3

Dear all,

I bought the Alpha yoke almost three years ago and have never had issues before. I must confess I haven't been flying for a while...

Recently I also bought the Bravo throttle quadrant. At the beginning everything was working fine. Suddenly my yoke started not responding, and I am not able to reassign axes. Also, the ailerons axis started responding to me moving the elevation axis, etc. I tried several things, like unplugging the USB cables of my other devices (Thrustmaster rudder pedals and TCA Airbus side-stick, the Bravo throttle quadrant, etc.) and plugging them into other USB ports, and it still doesn't respond.

I also noticed that the calibration software in Windows is showing this awkward behaviour: no left and right movement of the ailerons axis is adequately visible.

I was wondering: do I really need to uninstall and reinstall P3D with all the ad-dons?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Marco

Hello!

Thank you for your reply. I had tried the internal calibration before, and it didn't work. I have now completed it again according the steps shown in the other post and I still got the same response on the Windows calibration diagram - no ailerons axis. I am getting desperate...

Best wishes,

Marco

• Aerosoft

Hi,

Did you try on another computer ?
Just for the sake of test. No need of any simulator software.
Simply check the response in the Windows Joystick calibration utility after calibration.

Thank you.

Hello and thank you once again!

It has exactly the same response: pushing the yoke in and pulling it out moves slightly the elevator axis and then the ailerons axis to the right (pulling it in) and then to the left (by pushing it). A so sudden defect after only 3 years, without using it on a that much regular basis?

Best regards,

Marco

Curiously, after going through the internal calibration procedure, the centred position of my yoke shows like this now (on the other computer - a laptop):

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

Hi,

If you performed both internal and Windows calibration correctly 

and still have this issue, it means your unit is most likely defective.

Please contact your pint of sales for/support or repair.

Thank you.

Hello,

That's really annoying, but thank you anyhow! After such a short time and almost no usage (or not that much) your product gets defective? I am honestly shocked!

Best regards,

Marco

And I think I might have found a solution: I decided to take my yoke apart and see if I could see anything. I discovered that the cable for the roll movement was disconnected from the circuit board because of the yoke travel. I put it that way, so that when you push or pull on the yoke, the plug is not affected and the cable not disconnected. I did the internal and Windows calibration and it worked. Everything fine, so far... It was easy to fix, and I hope it may help others with the same issue. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Aerosoft

Hi Marco,

This is a great news and a very valuable information !

Thank for doing that effort.

Would you mind perhaps sharing a picture showing exactly where the cable broke ?

It may be useful to feedback this to the manufacturer. 

I will also transmit this to our support service.

Thank you again for doing the repair and also sharing your experience in a constructive way.

Warmest regards.

Hello again,

For that, I would need to take the yoke apart and, honestly, I do not feel like doing it again... However, since I cannot find pictures on the Internet of the yoke's inside, perhaps you from Aerosoft or the manufacturer can provide me with some (via PM, for instance), and I would be more than willing to share the cable I am referring to. I hope that suggestion of mine is in your interest as well.

In terms of a disclaimer, I would also like to state that no one should do this kind of "operative procedure", in case the warranty period has not expired.

Kind regards,

Marco

• Like 1

• Aerosoft

Hi Marco,

Here is a picture of an open Alpha yoke.

Are you able to point the cable that failed ?
Of course this is purely informational. You won't be held responsible for anything !

Best regards.

• Upvote 1

Dear all,

Here it goes... I hope that from the picture earlier provided here, and my suggestion (instructions) inserted this may be helpful for (some of) you experiencing similar issues:

Good luck to all of you!

Cheers,

Marco

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

hi 

i have the same thing as he describe, i live in Cairo, Egypt, and it is not practical for me to send it to  the manufacture for repair, it is easy to do the same solution in mine?

• Aerosoft

Hi, 

You need to open the yoke cover (around 10 hex screws underneath the housing). 

Once done you can reroute the cable so that its "attached" travel is shorter and it has

therefore more movement freedom.

Best regards.

• Like 1

thanks

hi 

i have the same thing as he describe, i live in Cairo, Egypt, and it is not practical for me to send it to  the manufacture for repair, it is easy to do the same solution in mine?