Aerosoft Airport: Oslo-Gardermoen (ENGM) (released)

Jonas S.

21 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Remember how I always tell you to zoom into these images from Jo?

Please login to display this image.

I love the way even the glued-on bits are in a different font. 

And this might be my favorite screenshot of MSFS...

It shows more of the sim than the airport project but look at that.

I'm not sure if I'm in the real world or the real world is in the sim.

• Like 1

Am 23.1.2023 um 12:02 schrieb Carmelo:

Hold your horses before commenting, sceneries in MSFS are complex to do (I did it myself with small airports) and the SDK changes with every update bring new surprises every time. Then consider the time consumption and programming, amount of projects running besides that one airport, regulations, information gathering (you cannot simply design an airport in detail from google images or photos)...so please give them the time they need, thanks!

Well meanwhile aslo Orbx brought out their ENGM ... and it looks stunning too.

Im just saying market gets thinner (so AS ones will be the thrid scenery we got now..in fact the fourth keeping the also good freeware in mind) the longer such nice details take to develop...hope the debelopment still pays out for Jo in the end.

• Upvote 2

I guess it has already been asked but has a rough ETA been communicated?

Now with Orbx ENGM released, it would be nice to know if we're days, weeks or months before release.

If a release is still far away, I might get the Orbx version for now and scrap it once this one is available.

You're a true master Jo! These screenshots look absolutely stunning!! 

• Like 3

The sad thing is, I could think of a dozen airports I would love to see get the care and attention that Oslo is now getting, from both Orbx and Jo. Instead we now have to choose between two very good renditions of this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/12/2022 at 8:41 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

The 'problem' is that these detailed terminals simply sell. Personally I agree with you though, but we do not make products for me, we make them to sell.  Also do not overestimate how much work it is. Most of the time is a series of repeated scenes.

In the past, I was thinking the same but in MSFS and based on what is possible, I changed how I feel about this and actually think also what you don't see from the cockpit is important to me.

These days, I do all my flying in VR using the Varjo Aero and I often end a flight by going into drone mode and start exploring the airport in the same way I would have been IRL. Doing this and finding the same amazing detail in the interior, watching people walking around inside the terminal etc is actually super cool IMO!

So again, I do see where you're coming from because I was there myself in the past but with the technology we have available to us today, I'm very grateful talented developers/artists such as Jo make the most of it 👍

• Like 2

On 2/16/2023 at 3:57 PM, Tobias Nome said:

So exited to have my home airport represented in such detail! 

...and I envy my neighbors and have been for many years now. Wishing we had a Swedish Jo giving the same love to Arlanda, our equivalent to Gardemoen.

I keep my fingers crossed what Marcus over at Orbx is doing will be close to this.

• Aerosoft
13 hours ago, christian1974 said:

Well meanwhile aslo Orbx brought out their ENGM ... and it looks stunning too.

Im just saying market gets thinner (so AS ones will be the thrid scenery we got now..in fact the fourth keeping the also good freeware in mind) the longer such nice details take to develop...hope the debelopment still pays out for Jo in the end.

Keep in mind a lot of our products get professional use as well. So often what we choose to do (or what our external developers decide to start on) is decided on factors the customers here are not aware of. 

We have zero doubt that this airport will sell very well. Just look at the screenshots. While the OrbX version looks great, I think Jo adds another layer of detail. 

• Like 10

Orbx looks nice but I will patiently wait for Jo's version. After his masterpiece with EBBR, I have no doubt that his Olso scenery will be a masterpiece.

By the time it is ready, the freeware version will do the job.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Guys, please avoid complaining just because it's not going fast enough for you.  It's not your project and it's not your company. If you are that much in a hurry, there are plenty versions out there with varying degrees of quality.  Seeing that it's the same dev who did EBBR, for which I was just blown away by how amazing it is was made, I am more than willing to wait.  There are tons of other destinations to go to in MSFS in the meantime.  

Jo, keep up the good work! 

• Like 2

It's almost like having options is bad 👀

By when this is finished, there'll be three versions of Oslo on the market, plus a pretty decent freeware option. I *really* wish I had so many options for my favorite airport (Haneda). 

• Like 3

On 2/18/2023 at 1:09 AM, WebMaximus said:

...I often end a flight by going into drone mode and start exploring the airport in the same way I would have been IRL. Doing this and finding the same amazing detail in the interior, watching people walking around inside the terminal etc is actually super cool IMO!

So again, I do see where you're coming from because I was there myself in the past but with the technology we have available to us today, ...

I'm actually horrified by reading this, and realise what a big mistake I did by jumping back into this hobby. It also makes the age old question relevant... is technology good for you?

Don't let Zuckerberg know that someone manage to make a metaverse 'mall' that people actually enjoy to be in. 

:)

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 10:10 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

We have zero doubt that this airport will sell very well. Just look at the screenshots. While the OrbX version looks great, I think Jo adds another layer of detail. 

I very well understand that you need to make your own airports and have your own portfolio, and some times partnering companies also need to compete. Can't say I enjoyed the move ORBX did when becoming more of a publisher with pretty low quality standards regarding some of their products though.

I feel Aerosoft is more consistent, but you need to push FranceVFR and FSDG into your Aerosoft One app. :) The ORBX App is one of their strengths. Anyways, sorry for dragging off topic.

Personally, I'll wait and buy the one that offers the best FPS. After adding some traffic to my sim, my skills at landing in bad weather with strong winds, gusts and turbulence has been greatly hammered by going from smooth 50 to 60 FPS to mid 30 to 40. So not really sure what my solution to this would be, maybe hang around in virtual bars at airport terminals drinking away the memories of the past. I used to be a good pilot.

Based on my experience with AS from FSX till now - I will wait for AS Oslo and it will be worth the wait. That's the level of confidence I have. Brussels, Trondheim, Cologne are fine testimonies to it.

• Like 7

I'm excited for AS rendition of Gardermoen. The Orbx one looks amazing and all but from the videos and pictures I've seen I feel something is missing. I don't know how else to describe it other than it being grey and drab, perhaps the lighting could be better? But it seems like they're getting rave reviews, so maybe it's just that I like the look and feel of AS airports better.

For that reason I'm holding out for AS. 

• Like 2

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, MTv said:

Gardermoen IS grey and drab in norwegian winter time.

So on the 17th Feb.:

• Like 2

On 1/25/2023 at 4:55 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

First piano in FS I think. 

Jo, you are a wizard.

Can we play the piano too?🙂...with the level of detail that Jo is adding then I would not be surprised 🙂

2 hours ago, happytraveller said:

Can we play the piano too?🙂...with the level of detail that Jo is adding then I would not be surprised 🙂

Interior details are welcome, but only as long as they will not influence the performance!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1