Aerosoft Airport: Oslo-Gardermoen (ENGM) (preview)

Jonas S.

• Aerosoft
19 hours ago, Herman said:

The statement in the section header about not asking for dates applies here too. You can expect to see any news on pending release right here and first here, so no need to ask. Thanks for understanding.

Still, let me comment.

As Microsoft has changed how products are added to the Marketplace (the publisher/developer is now responsible for testing) they are rightfully expecting things to move faster. The simple fact however is that we still have to offer the product to Microsoft and then wait for it to be set to 'testing'. Only at that moment can we start to test.  Right now only one of our products is set to that status and we started testing.

As Jorg explained they are getting more people for this we hope this will be going smoother in the near future. The Marketplace is a very important sales location for us as it is the only way to get on Xbox and Cloud. 

But ALL our products that can be used on Xbox and Cloud will be offered to Microsoft for release on those platforms. 

• Aerosoft
vor 21 Stunden schrieb OddITorset:

Hi Jo Erlend, now that Finn Hansen and ORBX hasnt made it to XBOX, will your scenery find its way to Marketplace and XBOX for FS2020?

Not Jo as he is busy working ;)...but for sure it will come to marketplace and X-BOX at one point, just like all his other masterpieces.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Herman said:

The statement in the section header about not asking for dates applies here too. You can expect to see any news on pending release right here and first here, so no need to ask. Thanks for understanding.

Hello there Herman,

I wasn't asking for a date, more how it would be nice to know if we're talking a couple of weeks or maybe sometime after the summer.

With that said, I'm sorry I broke your rules in here. Will be very careful with my questions going forward and please forgive me for this overstepping.

• Deputy Sheriffs

No worries, Richard. You're always welcome here. It's simply that even asking about a generic date range, or asking if it's soon, is the same thing.

Especially for big, high interest projects like this one, it's a safe bet that Aerosoft will share a date about two weeks out, and (faint hope, here) even release early copies to trusted streamers. So there'll be plenty of advance notice when we're inside the fortnight window.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Gonçalo Carvalho said:

Hi Mathijs & Jo,

Any developments regarding this scenery? Is this project closed after release of ORBX version?

Looking forward for your reply.

Thank You!

You’re kidding right?? No disrespect to Orbx. Their rendition is nice. But Jo’s version will by all accounts blow it away. I’m sure he’s just wrapping up a lot of cool details and we’ll have it. Can’t wait!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Bjørn Supersten said:

This waiting starts to be frustrating, think I have to go for the Orbx version...

I'm honestly not sure what you're trying to achieve with a post like this?

• Like 4

Patience is a virtue and wait will be well worth, at least from my perspective. A look at EBBR will convince anyone; it is the airport I visit most ever since I got it.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 5/22/2023 at 7:53 AM, Abriael said:

I'm honestly not sure what you're trying to achieve with a post like this?

It's hard to have sufficient insight into a project like this. Looking at the pictures, it's easy to judge it as being "basically finished"; the visuals seem complete, and we're not privy to information about potential issues with various systems. Many people seem to have figured this was about ready at the time the Orbx scenery came out. Gatekeeping criticism behind an idea that patience is the only viable option in a situation where many have shown an ability to wait for months without posting a single comment, is not really that inclusive. I understand that Aerosoft as a whole don't care for "when?" questions, but I also think responding to things like this with a sort of "a real fan would've been able to wait" idea, then the community becomes dichotomous.

Part of the community seem to feel left in the dark. Perhaps they wouldn't have minded double purchasing ENGM if they knew their Orbx purchase would've been the only recourse for half a year. I know I would've. I think that's feedback that's understandable.

• Like 9

Couldn't agree more with everything said above.

I think what caused some frustrated feelings here is how a lot of amazing screenshots were posted just around the time when Orbx released their version of ENGM. Probably not a coincidence.

After this, we haven't seen or heard pretty much anything. Where the last post from the developer was back in early March where we're now only a few days from June.

This was the exact reason I asked in a very polite and respectful way some time ago if we could at least get some form of indication if the scenery was expected to be released in the near future or if it's still far off. With a release maybe sometime after the summer. Never asked for a date. Just a very rough estimation. To allow people such as myself to know what leg to put the weight on.

Where the response was of the nature I would have been a kid with the hand in the cookie jar.

Quite distasteful IMO when you're a grown up asking a perfectly valid question and after having supported these guys for years and spent an endless amount of money buying their products.

This is the kind of thing that will make me think twice going forward before spending more money in here. Regardless of the quality of the product once it's released.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Quite distasteful IMO when you're a grown up asking a perfectly valid question and after having supported these guys for years and spent an endless amount of money buying their products.

The money you spent on their products entitles you to *these products,* which you were provided. 

What it does not entitle you to is the indication of release windows of future products when the developer isn't ready to give one. 

3 minutes ago, Abriael said:

The money you spent on their products entitles you to *these products,* which you were provided. 

What it does not entitle you to is the indication of release windows of future products when the developer isn't ready to give one. 

While I absolutely agree with this sentiment, I do feel the need to point out that this is exactly the needless disparaging I was talking about. It drives a needless wedge between people.

I think WebMaximus is indignant from the situation. While I don’t think the expressed ideas is where it should be at, I also understand that feelings can create hyperbole. Moderating the comment to a useful intent, means that we see someone saying they don’t feel valued as a customer.

Now, while it’s absolutely up to Aerosoft when and how they’ll announce a date for this project, what’s still true is that a lot of people can feel not seen by this publisher. If we feel they’re not properly communicating with us, that’s a perfectly valid feeling. Expecting them to be more predictable with their scheduling could explain the way people feel this product is dangled in front of their noses. Again, we aren’t privy to enough information for us to make appropriate assumptions. But that doesn’t mean it’s okay to leave us in the dark. No matter what the issue is, it’s still should be both welcomed and expected that customers speak up if they don’t feel included. Given that what’s good for the goose is good for the gander, Aerosoft should be vigilant in rectifying that situation, or showing appreciation for the feedback. What we don’t need is two camps arguing about it, because you’re all really on the same side.

There are valid points on both sides.  

54 minutes ago, Abriael said:

I'm sorry you didn't understand what I meant.

What money I spent isn't about what I'm entitled to but how I expect to be treated and addressed as a good customer.

This behavior, how customers are too often treated like small kids within this community would never work out there in the real world. Also, it's not unique to Aerosoft. Fact is there are far worse examples. No names mentioned. I've seen this for as long as I can remember and I've been in this hobby for longer than some of you guys in here lived.

What I wish for but realize will never happen is for this community, including all people and companies within it, to be a nice place. Where there could be free and open discussions in a positive and friendly spirit.

The way it is now where some (but not all) companies treat and address their customers as witnessed in here and with people such as yourself feeling the urge to defend such behavior, the show will go on.

The end result is the risk where some of us will get sick of this to a point where we stop interacting as frequently as we used to. And possibly also stop spending the same kind of money we used to.

Now that isn't a good situation for anyone within this hobby and business. Not for you and not for the companies.

I work with customer relations on a professional and daily basis and let me assure you...making your customers feel good whenever they interact with you, treat them in a professional way and make them understand and trust that you're genuinely interested in them and their needs, that is key.

With this said, I'll rest my case and instead spend my time on something far more lucrative than debating in here.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

What money I spent isn't about what I'm entitled to but how I expect to be treated and addressed as a good customer.

Good customers understand that developers who don't give release estimates do so because it's much better to provide a release date when a product is done and finished than dealing with people being abusive and angry (and it happens a *lot* in the flight simulation community) when something goes wrong or goes long and a delay is required. 

Big game developers can afford to do it more because they have a lot of bodies to throw at a problem to get past bumps faster (and even so, they still have to delay quite often and deal with the snark), but this is not true for small operations like flight simulator add-on developers, and even more so one-man teams like Jo Erlend. 

More importantly, anyone who has been on Aerosoft's forums for more than a few days should know that it's their policy not to provide release estimates of any sort before a product is basically finished, so it's not exactly the best idea to ask them to ignore their own established policies for your sake. 

I happily defend "such behavior" because they're human, and after they're asked the same question that people already know will be denied a gazillion times, anyone would be snippy. They're actually remarkably civil about it, all things considered. 

If you want a nice atmosphere, you may want to begin by not asking what has been asked many times before (just changing the wording a little bit), and is known won't be answered, and by not defending juvenile behaviors like "Oh, you're not doing this fast enough! I'm gonna buy it from the competition, neener neener!"  

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Abriael said:

"Oh, you're not doing this fast enough! I'm gonna buy it from the competition, neener neener!"

This is exactly what I meant and the kind of level I find both in here and elsewhere all too often. Not sure if that is because the majority of people in here are kids or if they have some other excuse. Or maybe it's me getting too old for this kind of grown-up kindergarten 😂

Let's just agree we disagree. People like you and I are wired differently and regardless how much time we spend on having this discussion, that won't change a thing.

Wishing you a good rest of the day and an even better weekend ahead 👍

On 5/26/2023 at 9:48 AM, Jo Erlend said:

And here's some up to date screenshots to usher in the weekend,

Please login to display this image.

Currently most of the remaining work is to bring the other areas of the airport up to a similar level of detail as the terminal area.
I'll post some more overview pictures of the airport when that's done as I want to avoid showing too much incomplete and work-in-progress parts.

Loving the attention to details!

• Like 1