Aerosoft Airport: Oslo-Gardermoen (ENGM) (preview)

Jonas S.

• Aerosoft
10 hours ago, OneMoreFelix said:

One question, have you considered adding a roughness map to the windows so they don’t look so clean? 

Isn't it bloody amazing that we are down to making glass rough to make it look dirty? I remember when Paris was a single grey polygon on a green world. 

• Like 7

• Developer
10 hours ago, OneMoreFelix said:

One question, have you considered adding a roughness map to the windows so they don’t look so clean? Pyreegue implemented this in their EGAA scenery and it looks really good when the sun hits the windows. 

Yes, there will be more dirt and roughness variation to the glass than seen in those screenshots. Right now those maps are disabled as I wasn't all that happy with how that effect turned out, so something I plan to spending a bit more time on later. :)

On 11/16/2022 at 6:27 PM, Til1986 said:

I am really looking forward to this! Keep up the great work! I would be interested in some snow pictures of this product as it kinda is essential for Oslo ops.

Snow coverage has actually been a problem due to the logic controlling what is and isn't covered by snow not working all that well..
Now, luckily it does seem that Asobo has improved this in the latest public beta. Here's a few screenshots, these also show more of the custom light fixture used for the runway and taxiway lights.

Please login to display this image.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• Aerosoft
vor 43 Minuten schrieb Mathijs Kok:

Isn't it bloody amazing that we are down to making glass rough to make it look dirty? I remember when Paris was a single grey polygon on a green world. 

..and it still felt like flying over Paris, thanks to our imagination. 

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, BenBaron said:

Imagination is the best addon ever ! 😄

• Like 3

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, BenBaron said:

Exactly.  The very first flight I did was from Paris to London (grey->green->blue->green->grey polygons). And I was jumping on my seat when I found London. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Jo Erlend said:

Yes, there will be more dirt and roughness variation to the glass than seen in those screenshots. Right now those maps are disabled as I wasn't all that happy with how that effect turned out, so something I plan to spending a bit more time on later. :)

That’s great news! Glad to hear this will be added. It makes a big difference in realism. If it’s not too much work maybe it can be implemented for EBBR as well down to line. Keep up the good work! 

• Upvote 2

Once this is released then Bergen would be a great next project....50 minutes flight from Gardermoen and a scenic approach from the north over the coast and islands. Lots of helicopter traffic to the North sea too and a scenic harbour city nearby.

Jerry

• Like 1

Well it really looks stunning..but problem is it just takes to long. While AS and partners are still developing others already released their versions. And Oslo isn't first nor last one.

To name a few...

EDDH, EBBR and also the new LKPR.

Such nice additions can be made via updates when the scenery is sold.

Meanwhile there are some good developers out there fishing the market.

Don't think i do not like AS products..i'm great fan and own many AS scenery and sometimes even buy a scenery twice..but lately development takes to long.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Developer
1 hour ago, Elling Weme said:

Could we expect this within Christmas? Or new year? Best Regards:)

Currently the plan is to start testing early next year. So a release within the first quarter looks reasonable at the moment.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jo Erlend said:

Currently the plan is to start testing early next year. So a release within the first quarter looks reasonable at the moment.

Happy to test Jo made also a GSX profile for EBBR (https://flightsim.to/file/39244/gsx-pro-ebbr-aerosoft) so maybe one at release for OSLO?

On 12/7/2022 at 4:37 PM, christian1974 said:

Well it really looks stunning..but problem is it just takes to long. While AS and partners are still developing others already released their versions. And Oslo isn't first nor last one.

To name a few...

EDDH, EBBR and also the new LKPR.

Such nice additions can be made via updates when the scenery is sold.

Meanwhile there are some good developers out there fishing the market.

Don't think i do not like AS products..i'm great fan and own many AS scenery and sometimes even buy a scenery twice..but lately development takes to long.

Quality takes time. The only other developer that comes close to Jo’s work us the guy at Pyreegue Dev Co. These guys are creating works of art while other developers are putting out rushed work for quick money. No thanks. I’d rather have a scenery with this quality once every 6-12 months than 4 sceneries in the same time period of lesser quality. There are plenty of other options if I don’t care about quality, even for Oslo. 

• Like 1

Yes you're right quality takes its time.

But do you really need to spend time on good looking modeled sell-shops inside Terminal...or announcement signs or worn looking glass..Yes all nice possibilities.But really needed?
Its a flight sim..not an airport sim.
To me its important ground layout is accurate, Treminal and stands are nice moddeled and functional and nagivation aids and procedures are accurte.

And mybe some airport sourrounding is done.
All the other things can be added later in an update if really needed.

The thing is there are (meanwhile more than you said) good developers out there that concentrate on some probably good selling airports.
But if we in the end have 3 different sceneries of one airport that also does not help. And development will be paid by the customers with higher prices (as you sell less)

I remember first MSFS Addons were about 15 Euros on selling - as you dont need a sat-image anymore - Meanwhile prices are as high as before again.
Sure because of such nice "important" Quality.

As said I really like AS sceneries and really got a lot of it

Im not saying push bad sceneries out..

I just say conentrate on the important things..get scenery sold..and add some nice bonus later.

By the way..a Bergen ENBR scenery was wished in the Thread..Meanwhile its out by RDPresents.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

The 'problem' is that these detailed terminals simply sell. Personally I agree with you though, but we do not make products for me, we make them to sell.  Also do not overestimate how much work it is. Most of the time is a series of repeated scenes.

You are right Mathijs

I also did'nt want to capture this thread..lets concentrate on Olso again.
As said looks stunning and almost ready to sell for me..but as Jo said we still need to wait another quarter of a year.

8 hours ago, christian1974 said:

Yes you're right quality takes its time.

But do you really need to spend time on good looking modeled sell-shops inside Terminal...or announcement signs or worn looking glass..Yes all nice possibilities.But really needed?
Its a flight sim..not an airport sim.
To me its important ground layout is accurate, Treminal and stands are nice moddeled and functional and nagivation aids and procedures are accurte.

And mybe some airport sourrounding is done.
All the other things can be added later in an update if really needed.

The thing is there are (meanwhile more than you said) good developers out there that concentrate on some probably good selling airports.
But if we in the end have 3 different sceneries of one airport that also does not help. And development will be paid by the customers with higher prices (as you sell less)

I remember first MSFS Addons were about 15 Euros on selling - as you dont need a sat-image anymore - Meanwhile prices are as high as before again.
Sure because of such nice "important" Quality.

As said I really like AS sceneries and really got a lot of it

Im not saying push bad sceneries out..

I just say conentrate on the important things..get scenery sold..and add some nice bonus later.

By the way..a Bergen ENBR scenery was wished in the Thread..Meanwhile its out by RDPresents.

Like I said there is usually many other options if you only care about the most basic stuff. Let Jo do what Jo does best. If it’s not for you, turn elsewhere. EBBR doesn’t continuously top the list of best pay ware airport because of compromises. 

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, OneMoreFelix said:

Like I said there is usually many other options if you only care about the most basic stuff. Let Jo do what Jo does best. If it’s not for you, turn elsewhere. EBBR doesn’t continuously top the list of best pay ware airport because of compromises. 

Good comment. We try to offer a range of products, small simpler airport for people why have less capable hardware or who prefer small aircraft and complex, more expensive airports for people who fly airliners and got serious machines. But there is a third kind, the projects where the team tries out what is possible. I feel that Brussels was for sure one of those. Jo really pushed things there and did a lot of experiments. Commercially that is not always the best because the investment in time is so massive. But it is important.

The Landmarks: North Sea project was also one of those. We really wanted to find the limits of that the simulator engine was capable of handling. So we inserted objects that have 5.5 million polygons in a 150x150x100 meter cube. And we did not find a way to break the sim with that. Hardly even slows it down. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Good comment. We try to offer a range of products, small simpler airport for people why have less capable hardware or who prefer small aircraft and complex, more expensive airports for people who fly airliners and got serious machines. But there is a third kind, the projects where the team tries out what is possible. I feel that Brussels was for sure one of those. Jo really pushed things there and did a lot of experiments. Commercially that is not always the best because the investment in time is so massive. But it is important.

The Landmarks: North Sea project was also one of those. We really wanted to find the limits of that the simulator engine was capable of handling. So we inserted objects that have 5.5 million polygons in a 150x150x100 meter cube. And we did not find a way to break the sim with that. Hardly even slows it down. 

it’s these kind of projects that pushed development forward. You’re leading the way 😊

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looks stunning! This is certainly a must-buy for me.

Would you consider doing EKCH at some point? The current offering is outdated and leaves much to be desired in my opinion. EKCH done to the same standard as this ENGM scenery would be just outstanding. 

Thank you.

7 hours ago, NovemberTangoJuliet said:

Looks stunning! This is certainly a must-buy for me.

Would you consider doing EKCH at some point? The current offering is outdated and leaves much to be desired in my opinion. EKCH done to the same standard as this ENGM scenery would be just outstanding. 

Thank you.

Another dev, which made EKBI, is doing EKCH at the moment. I think it will be better than the current option, and dont think it will make sense from a business point of view for Jo Erlend to work on EKCH too