sim-Wings Pro Munich terrain issue

Robert Gordon

I am using sim-Wings PRO Munich with P3D5.1 and have a terrain issue. Whenever I am within about 5 miles of the airport, pieces of the terrain start jutting upwards up to up to several thousand feet. Happens whether I am departing or landing. The airport itself is fine -- runways, taxiways, and ramps are all normal so I can still land or takeoff, but it is bizarre what happens to the terrain in the immediate vicinity of the airport when I am in the air. I have turned off all other 3rd party airports in Germany and the rest of Europe, and all of my Orbx software, but that does not impact the problem.  I completely deinstalled the airport making sure all files had been removed from the computer, then did a completely fresh install.  Problem still there. This is the only airport on my system so far that has this problem. No other graphics issues.  Airport itself is beautiful.

P3D v5.1

Windows 10

nvidia GeForce 3090 video card 

Megascenery Earth South Germany

NOT using Orbx Germany South because of limitations with P3Dv5

Thoughts?

Thanks for the reply. I am using the latest available version of the airport. I did a fresh download before reinstalling.  As for P3Dv5.1, I have not upgraded to 5.3 because it has some issues with some of my other software. P3D5.1 just works better overall for me. The latest version of the airport was issued well before version 5.3 so the fact that I am using P3D5.1 should not make a difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some pictures of the issue I am having. This is the only airport in my vast collection behaving like this. It involves the periphery around the airport, not the airport itself.

Please login to display this image.