G3d.dll Errors With Aes And 3gb Patch

• Developer

Ok,

now you are inline with the problem altstiff has reported.

So, now go back to Teststep 8 and try to find out, in which loading step it happens.

And, try to test the workaround by placeing your aircraft first on a AES supported airport, before you jump to the non supported departure airport, when you fly to a AES airport.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh okay!

So you mean, you´ve expected that already and it´s not a complete rebound; that´s good! I´ll go right ahead testing and report back!

Ok, tested "Step 9" once more...this time no CTD, but no gates or anything related to AES got loaded.

I´ll try "Step 8" now and see what happens there.

• Developer
Ok, tested "Step 9" once more...this time no CTD, but no gates or anything related to AES got loaded.

Ok, did you get a window "AES Memory allocation Problem" ? Maybe the window is hidden, so try to press the Shift-Ctrl-W to open it. Or is nothing happens at all?

Maybe test 8 will show us more.

Thanks.

No, I didn´t get any window, nothing happened at all (though I didn´t try pressing Shift-Ctrl-W).

Anyways, I tried "Step 8" now and this time, 6 miles from the threshold -> "g3d.dll" induced CTD before any window popped up or before I could even press "Shift-Ctrl-W" or F1 or anything.

The enigma continues :wacko:

• Developer

Ok,

but you have only deactivate the EDDF_DYN.BGL not the EDDF_BAB.BGL? Please continiue with your test with deactive AESLiteforGAP-EDDF first, I will expact that the problem you have now it based there.

Well, even with deactivated AESlite the same thing happens:

CTD (g3d.dll) without the green window showing up before or before I can push any buttons

• Developer

Ok,

only to be on save side, can you uncheck the airport (I think is EDDF) in AEShelp and try again. If you still get the CTD, AES is not responsable.

If you get no CTD, I must look tomorrow, if I can make a test, where the Window comes up at the first possible position in the code.

True, and that´s exactly how I´ve been flying in and out of EDDF for the last couple of months - AES and AESlite deactivated - with no CTDs of any kind -> so it should be due to AES.

Still, if you want me to try it again, I´m pleased to do so!

Alright,

deactivated AES in the scenery-library (AESlite was already deactivated from the last test) and re-tried the same route from the tests before. As I already predicted -> no CTD and everything working as it should.

Hope you can find a solution to modify them .bgls, so I can be of more help!

-Tetiaroa

• Developer

Ok next step,

in the attached Test Step 10, you get a yellow window direct when AES goes active. I hope the CTD is not before.

The yellow window will bring 2 steps (00 and 17), then the green window should open with step -1 to 38

Ok,

tested "Step 10" and got the yellow window. It said loaded "step 00" when it popped up. After pressing F1 once "step 17" was shown, then I pressed F1 again -> CTD ("g3d.dll").

• Developer

Ok, here Test 11.

You should see the yellow window with 18 (maybe two times), then I expect the CTD. Can you confirm that, please.

• Developer

Hi,

for all of you now Test Step 12: (replace all files)

I want to know, how often you see Step 18 in the yellow window and if there is a step 19 there, before the CTD is coming.

When Step 19 in yellow window is shown, the green window should come next.

Ok,

I could hit F1 3 times without a CTD; after the 4th time I got the CTD. The last number before it crashed was 18. 19 did NOT show up anymore.

Ok,

I could hit F1 3 times without a CTD; after the 4th time I got the CTD. The last number before it crashed was 18. 19 did NOT show up anymore.

I can confirm this. 2x yellow 18, after this CTD. No 19.

Stefan

• Developer

Ok,

next Step. As allways, replace the bgl files in the ..\Aerosoft\AES\SCENERY directory.

BUT! Start and Stop AEShelp one time, after you replaced this files.

Then check, if Step 19 in yellow window comes up.

Ok,

next Step. As allways, replace the bgl files in the ..\Aerosoft\AES\SCENERY directory.

BUT! Start and Stop AEShelp one time, after you replaced this files.

Then check, if Step 19 in yellow window comes up.

Have tested twice, two CTD at ~7miles Final without any AES screen (vimaiscn.dll).

Stefan

Hello Oliver,

been out for the weekend, so I couldn´t test "Step 13" so far, I´m sorry!

Shell I also test "Step 13" or was Stefan´s result sufficiant for you and you´re already working on "Step 14"?

Best regards,

Tetiaroa

Hi all,

I didn't follow this topic completely, but maybe I have a good addition or follow-up for you guys. I was parked at AMS, requested all service vehicles, requested a push with F6, got a cup of coffee, accidently pushed F6 again (I forgot that I allready requested the push from the gate) and got the CTD with vimaiscn.dll error.

Regards,

Jeroen

Velserbroek

The Netherlands

Alright,

I tested "Step 13" and can confirm Stefan´s result:

About 7 nm from the RWY -> CTD without any AES-window popping up before (neither the yellow nor the green one).

Only difference to Stefan is that in my case it was due to the "g3d.dll".

Tetiaroa