G3d.dll Errors With Aes And 3gb Patch

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I think. :)

I'm sure we'll see a solution to the problem at some point, but unfortunately I'm going to have to disable AES until then. I did two 9 hour flights ending in crashes before I was pointed in this direction as a possible cause.

Is there anything I can do to assist in finding a fix?

Thanks, I think. :)

I'm sure we'll see a solution to the problem at some point, but unfortunately I'm going to have to disable AES until then. I did two 9 hour flights ending in crashes before I was pointed in this direction as a possible cause.

Is there anything I can do to assist in finding a fix?

Waiting on Oliver and Maurizio at this point.

Like you I have removed AES until it gets fixed. :(

• Developer

Hi,

there are only two feedback to the last step above and they are not fitting to what is expected, as I don't see a reason, why the CTD should come before the first window. So, aslong as I don't have a better feedback here, I can't go forward as the results are not stayable to what they should be. Before the first window, no special thinks happen, so when you get problems before this step, I don't think you have a problem only with AES, maybe only AES is the last Bit, you can't handle anymore.

Oliver,

I think I found the reason for the odd behaviour of the last test "Step 13" (CTD before any window showing up):

I tried to see, if any window shows up, if I start up FS just placing my aircraft on an AES-supported airport with AES active and the files of "Step 13" installed. To my surprise AES was loaded completely with absolutely no window popping up before.

Is it possible that you accidently zipped a wrong .bgl-file into "Step 13" (e.g. instead of the test-BGL with windows popping up the final one that loads up AES without any messages)? Or is this behaviour, I encountered, as it should be in "Step 13"?

Cheers,

Tetiaroa

• Developer

Hi Tetiaroa,

correct, my fault. I mixed a wrong file in the pack. Attached step 14, replace this files in ..\AES\SCENERY, start AEShelp one time and try it, now the windows should pop up. Make first a test on a AES airport to see that all works as expected.

Hi Oliver,

just a quick question before testing:

I just got EDDF-2008 and installed it replacing the old EDDF-2005, then activated AES for it with the workaround you suggested. Now the question is, should I also keep the new AESlite for EDDF-2008 deactivated or do you think it´s save to leave it active?

Regards,

Tetiaroa

• Developer
Hi Oliver,

just a quick question before testing:

I just got EDDF-2008 and installed it replacing the old EDDF-2005, then activated AES for it with the workaround you suggested. Now the question is, should I also keep the new AESlite for EDDF-2008 deactivated or do you think it´s save to leave it active?

Regards,

Tetiaroa

The new AESLite is complete different from the old version. Ok, it's using the Vima Modules, but no memory handling. Also the old Dyncode is not used anymore. So, for the first time, I think its ok to have it active. When you get a CTD before any Windows of AES comes up, deaktived it to see if something change.

Ok,

tested "Step 14" and this time the windows showed up, could click through all of them until they dissapeared (yellow and green windows were shown) -> No CTD, BUT upon taxiing to the terminal, I saw that there were no gates, just the terminal-building.

Now I don´t know if that´s supposed to be like this within this test or if it´s due to AESlite? Besides when shutting down FS it gave me a CTD message pointing to the ntdll.dll, but I doubt that that´s causeed by AES.

Cheers,

T

• Developer

ok,

but when you load the FS on a AES airport, you can click throw all steps until all is fine or did you also get no jetways there?

Hi Tetiaroa,

correct, my fault. I mixed a wrong file in the pack. Attached step 14, replace this files in ..\AES\SCENERY, start AEShelp one time and try it, now the windows should pop up. Make first a test on a AES airport to see that all works as expected.

Hi,

have tested today:

Green 37, the last AES screen I have seen, module was vimaiscn.dll.

Should I redo the test?

Stefan

Hello Oliver,

sorry it took me so long to test again...been outta town again!

Alright, I tried "Step 14" once again, but this time with deactivated "AESLite for EDDF-2008", seems as if this in fact disturbed the last test.

This time I got the "g3d.dll"-error at the expected moment again. The last window I saw before the CTD was 19.

Hope this serves you a little better!

Cheers,

Tetiaroa

• Developer
Hello Oliver,

sorry it took me so long to test again...been outta town again!

Alright, I tried "Step 14" once again, but this time with deactivated "AESLite for EDDF-2008", seems as if this in fact disturbed the last test.

This time I got the "g3d.dll"-error at the expected moment again. The last window I saw before the CTD was 19.

Hope this serves you a little better!

Cheers,

Tetiaroa

Ok,

- with AESlite-EDDF2008, no CTD but no AES Jetways present

- without AESlite, CTD after yellow window step 19

Can you please try again, but replace the ViMaCode Moduels with the attached once. Make a backup of of Both ViMa*.DLL's in <FS>\Modules directory and place the attached once there.

BUT! Please don't start AESHelp after the replace, because then it will bring the old once back again.

This ViMa files are also flagged for 3GB, but I will not expect a change in the situation. But lets try it.

It's hard to say, what really happens and the small number of users testing here have all different results, so I don't know where to catch it.

Ok, I tested the new modules:

FS could load the yellow windows without a problem this time,

but now between No. 34 and 37 of the green windows -> CTD with "g3d.dll"-error message (been hitting F1 a little too euphoricly after seeing it finally went past the yellow windows, so I didn´t see the exact No. :unsure: ).

Do you need me to redo the test?

T.

• Developer

Ok,

I think, when you redo the test, you will get other results, that's the problem. But I will doublecheck Step 34 to 37.

Alright,

did the test again, paying better attention to the numbers being displayed, and now I can confirm result of my last test having the precise No. as well:

The last number I saw before the CTD (as always due to the "g3d.dll") was 34.

Thanks for keeping up your support, you have no idea how much this means to me!

T.

• Developer
Thanks for keeping up your support, you have no idea how much this means to me!

T.

Hi,

thats the minimum I can do, so I thank you for keep going on the tests.

Ok, the CTD at step 34 will fit into what I see before. I have now changed the code at this point and also at the following step, where a simular situation could happen. When you please try again to replace that BGL in the attachement (based on the Step 14 files, so only replace thatone on the base you have now).

I would expect that you see green window up to 37, after this 99 is pop up and then, you will get a CTD (or in best case all is fine).

Well, as you predicted...CTD after the green window No. 99, window No. 34-37 worked fine!

BTW, when having AESLite active, it seems to block the loading process of AES at the same point as when installing "Step 14" and "Step 14a" without running AESHelp prior to flying. Remember, with AES and AESLite active, I could finish the flight without CTD, but no gates were showing up and the same happens with "Step 14" and "Step 14a" when forgetting to run AESHelp prior to flying.

The only difference is that with AESLite active, I can keep clicking through the windows until the end, whereas when forgetting to run AESHelp with "Step 14" and "Step 14a" a red window appears between the yellow and green ones (unfortunately it disappears too quickly to read what it says) and then the green window No. 1 shows up and no matter how often I press F1 it won´t continue to the next step, but in both cases there were no gates showing up.

Cheers,

Tetiaroa

• Developer

Ok,

when you unzip Test 14 (with or without 14a behind) and you start the FS without starting AEShelp before, the read window and the non present Jetways is normal and worked as designed. In this case, AES will stop running in a early state and so no CTD can happen.

I have no idea, how AESlite can effect this. When I understand you correct: You unzip the Step 14/14a and start AEshelp one time, then you start FS with deactive AESlite, you can fly and get all windows until 99, then the CTD. When you then restart the FS (no new unzip of the files) and you activate AESlite and make a new flight, you get the windows until 99, no CTD behind, but on ground, no jetways and when you try CTRL-SHIFT-W no red window opens, just nothing happens.

Is that correct?

Correct yes,

Ok,

tested "Step 14" and this time the windows showed up, could click through all of them until they dissapeared (yellow and green windows were shown) -> No CTD, BUT upon taxiing to the terminal, I saw that there were no gates, just the terminal-building.

Now I don´t know if that´s supposed to be like this within this test or if it´s due to AESlite? Besides when shutting down FS it gave me a CTD message pointing to the ntdll.dll, but I doubt that that´s causeed by AES.

Cheers,

T

that´s at least what happened that time about 1-2 weeks ago. I also sometimes got that phenomenon (instead of a CTD) with the old AESLite and AES active before starting the tests with you!

Hi Oliver,

do you already have an idea of how to solve the issue with No. 99 as well (it´s the last step that would need to be made working, so I´m quite excited now)?

And do you think that solving step 99 will also solve the problem with AESLite or is that rather going to be due to something else?

Sorry to bother you that much, but it finally really seems, we´re getting this bug solved! :)

Regards,

Tetiaroa

Hi Oliver,

do you already have an idea of how to solve the issue with No. 99 as well (it´s the last step that would need to be made working, so I´m quite excited now)?

And do you think that solving step 99 will also solve the problem with AESLite or is that rather going to be due to something else?

Sorry to bother you that much, but it finally really seems, we´re getting this bug solved! :)

Regards,

Tetiaroa

Hmmm, seems I have just joined the club :unsure:

Got it on KATL-KEWR

KEWR-EGCC (This one confuses me)

EGCC-KEWR

EGCC-LEMD

I will begin testing too...