G3d.dll Errors With Aes And 3gb Patch

Since the posts were lost, I would like to bring this issue back to the forum. Still having the black screens and crashes flying to AES enabled airports with the 3GB patch.

Last posts were of us offering to test any patches you may hopefully come up with.

Is there any update on this issue?

Thanks,

Chris

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And so would I!

Guys,

I use AES and the /3GB /userenv2560 switches with a large address aware FS9 and have NEVER seen this error. Is there something I am missing. One good thing for you to try (if you have backups like I do) is to take the vima* files from an older version of AES like 1.92 and copy them to the modules directory backing up the 1.95 versions first. If it is something that changed in those files a test like this would determine which build did it...

Just a suggestion, let me know if I can test or assist I know how frustrating this can be. I don't sleep when FS or my FS PC are under the weather ;)

-P

I need to update my sig too. As of last night it is an E8500 @ 3.8

• Developer

Sorry, NEVER use older ViMaCore DLL's, that can generate Problems, because the AES Modules are only working with the related DLL Version. BTW: The DLL's did not change over long time.

I was wondering how many others with this problem have Geo Render scenery installed? I know that Geo Render stuff uses the exact same module to show animated scenery around the airports (nothing like AES, more like AES lite)?

I seem to get more g3d.dll errors in the KSEA area than anywhere else, that is an area with a high concentration of Geo Render (I have most of Richard Goldstiens Geo Renders).

Just an idea....

I was wondering how many others with this problem have Geo Render scenery installed? I know that Geo Render stuff uses the exact same module to show animated scenery around the airports (nothing like AES, more like AES lite)?

I seem to get more g3d.dll errors in the KSEA area than anywhere else, that is an area with a high concentration of Geo Render (I have most of Richard Goldstiens Geo Renders).

Just an idea....

I do not have Geo Render scenery. I have gotten this error at KEWR, EGLL, KORD, KSFO. Very densely populated sceneries that are taking up a lot of memory.

I understand there were threads here on this subject that have been lost: in those posts, Oliver apparently said that the resolution of the problem rested with Marizio fixing the ViMaIScn.DLL file ..

Just wondered if this is actually in hand and when we might be able to look forward to having the new dll file available for download? Having installed AES several months ago and buying a goodly number of credits for it - then very quickly growing to look on non-AES airports as a vastly inferior FS experience to those with AES - it is very disappointing to get these CTDs with the 3GB patch installed. I would almost be tempted to remove the 3GB patch, to get AES working as normal again, but the changes made to the fs9.exe and boot.ini file have reduced my Out-of-Memory crashes to zero, so clearly I I am not goping to do that.

So, just a word of encouragement re. the new ViMaIScn.DLL file - I know from other forums that there are many people waiting eagerly for it to become available. News on progress would be very welcome. Many thanks!

Martin

BTW, since installing the 3GB patch, I also have problems with AES missing out half the wav files when flying from an AES airport: I get 'blocks in position', but no jetway warning siren: I get 'boarding completed', but no ongoing 'welcome aboard' messages after requesting boarding, and so on. The wav files are all there in the AES sound folder and play correctly in Windows Media Player..

Is this another consequence of the 3GB patch, or could it be due to some other fault? I reinstalled AES 1.95a, but the problem persists ..

M.

BTW, since installing the 3GB patch, I also have problems with AES missing out half the wav files when flying from an AES airport: I get 'blocks in position', but no jetway warning siren: I get 'boarding completed', but no ongoing 'welcome aboard' messages after requesting boarding, and so on. The wav files are all there in the AES sound folder and play correctly in Windows Media Player..

Is this another consequence of the 3GB patch, or could it be due to some other fault? I reinstalled AES 1.95a, but the problem persists ..

M.

Hi Martin,

Does this happen with all your add-on aircraft?

I also have exactly the same problem sometimes and I think I noticed (should check further) it only happens with certain aircraft add-ons.

Maybe something to check on your side as well.

I don't use the 3GB patch by the way.

Best regards,

Sylvain

Hi. I haven't really kept track of which a/c are affected - it's certainly all of them to date, but perhaps there are others I haven't flown recently that are OK.

I am surprised you get this problem without the 3GB patch installed: this was never an issue before I changed my boot.ini and patched my fs9.exe file. Removing the boot.ini switch and reverting to the usual fs9.exe file hasn't helped restore the AES sound files unfortunately - they are there in the folder and play in Media Player but either don't sound at all in FS9 or get bits cut from them.

The 3GB patch seems to have cured all Out-of-Memory crashes, but apart from the AES problem with sound and G3d.dll errors, I can also get texture loading problems - with hugely out of focus ground textures and planes with no livery in spot view. Hopefully Aerosoft will come up with something to solve the problems in AES, but I am still experimenting with the texture loading problems.

M.

Hi. I haven't really kept track of which a/c are affected - it's certainly all of them to date, but perhaps there are others I haven't flown recently that are OK.

I am surprised you get this problem without the 3GB patch installed: this was never an issue before I changed my boot.ini and patched my fs9.exe file. Removing the boot.ini switch and reverting to the usual fs9.exe file hasn't helped restore the AES sound files unfortunately - they are there in the folder and play in Media Player but either don't sound at all in FS9 or get bits cut from them.

The 3GB patch seems to have cured all Out-of-Memory crashes, but apart from the AES problem with sound and G3d.dll errors, I can also get texture loading problems - with hugely out of focus ground textures and planes with no livery in spot view. Hopefully Aerosoft will come up with something to solve the problems in AES, but I am still experimenting with the texture loading problems.

M.

I have stopped using AES until this gets fixed. :(

I also have to remove AES now until it gets fixed ... just had another crash on finals to EHAM w/ 3GB patch enabled and the crashbox citing the ViMaIScn.DLLto be the file causing the mayhem :o

Hope this gets fixed indeed as flying without AES is so inferior indeed. :(

I have no problem to wait a little bit, this bug seems not to be an easy one. On the other hand I have bought 7 AES packs, so a short info would be nice.

Thank you

Stefan

• Developer

Hi,

I have requested a status from Maurizio, but no feedback yet.

At the moment I am block by another project, so AES is on hold for same days. But for the next release I plan to add some more protection to the code and I hope it will help to prevent the CTD in this special cases.

Ok guys,

let us try something to check, if we can fix the CTD in your case:

Attached you find a test file.

• Make a backup of the original AES_LC00V1.BGL you can find in the ..\Aerosoft\AES\SCENERY directory
  • Then replace this file with that one in the attached ZIP
  • Now let us see what happens: CTD in appoach or did you get a error window or is all fine now?

This is only a test and should only used by such users, who had this CTD in Version 1.95, all other don't use it!

You need Version 1.95(a) installed, it's not working with other versions!

Give me a feedback sasp.

WOOT gonna test now!

Hello Oliver,

thanks for not giving up on us!

Just tested your file but unfortunately...nope, nothing new! Still crashing at the very same moment with the "g3d.dll-error" message.

Cheers,

-Tetiaroa

Ok, for you the next Step:

- Replace the BGL in ..\Aerosoft\AES\SCENERY

- Check it again: I will expect you get a green window "AES is loaded" (if not try SHIFT-CTRL-W) or the CTD

AES will not work, when the window comes, but it gives me the info, until when it is running or not.

Ok just did CYVR to KSEA at roughly six miles on the SEA DME CTD with the G3D.dll error.

Should I try this patch too?

• Developer
Ok just did CYVR to KSEA at roughly six miles on the SEA DME CTD with the G3D.dll error.

Should I try this patch too?

Yes please. Can you get the CTD, when you save the flight short before that point and you slew to the Airport? Then you don't need to fly all the way.

Yes please. Can you get the CTD, when you save the flight short before that point and you slew to the Airport? Then you don't need to fly all the way.

Ok did it again with the last file posted.

I got the green box "AES loaded Sucess!, AES now deactivated"

NO CTD!

What next?

Ok,

here the next 3 step, test them step by step and tell me, in which step you get the CTD (if it comes).

More tomorrow, when you gave the feedback.

Ok, will test and post results.

Just for the record. Slewing from airport to airport does not always bring on the CTD. So I think that the best way to test is to actually fly in real time.

I did (in the past while testing the DLL's with the 3GB patch enabled) try slewing and it was muich more at random. Flying in real time from NON AES to AES almost always gives the error (99% of the time).

Off to test....