PFPX CTD 8 sec. after launch

vor einer Stunde schrieb Ørjan:

I am in no way an expert on this, but the only things I can think of are;

-are you running as Admin?

-is your subscription maybe expired?

Thanks for chiming in.

Yes, I tried running it as admin, no change.

Subscription? I bought this software in 2019 for the price of 50,- Euro, I'm pretty sure it should work even without any weather- etc. subscription... At least I hope it's not necessary...

A subscription is not required and shouldn't be causing an issue where it has expired some time ago.

However to be sure disconnect from the internet and then start PFPX. Should the program then stay running ensure the weather source is set on the status bar to NONE or an alternative source. Reconnect the internet.

Should there still be an issue try reinstalling the vcredist, now 2015-2022 downloadable from Microsoft . Uninstall any versions via program manager 2015 onwards and reinstall with the downloaded version, reboot.

Personally I prefer to reinstall all versions using an all in one package available HERE

As you are aware there has been no updates to the PFPX program itself so the likely issue lies with the vcredist, a .NET update or graphic drivers.

• Deputy Sheriffs
14 hours ago, disco79stu said:

Hi,

I re-installed PFPX (2.04) after not using it for quite some time, and now it shuts down or crashes approx. 8 sec. after launch.

Can't figure out what the issue is.

Any advice? 

BR

Please post the error message. In your Windows Eventviewer should be an entry at the time of the crash.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy & Terms of Use