Not reaching flight level and not holding altitude

Hello everyone,

I am busy flying with the CRJ-550 and per simbrief I got FL390. I am not able to reach FL390 and when I selected a lower flight level the aircraft decedent past it.

Any tips?

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As Richard correctly notes, your 140 is about half of the correct value. I strongly suggest you fly the included tutorial flight, along with watching The Dude's tutorial flight lessons. This is an add-on that rewards you with great results if you fly it "By the book." The Dude's tutorials are linked here.

If you look through the simBrief dispatch setup page, you'll see the climb/cruise/descent numbers read something like "250/290/74" as below in the red box I drew on the screenshot. That means you should climb at 250 knots indicated (KIAS) to 10,000', 290 KIAS above that altitude, and expect to cruise at (an implied 300 KIAS) or an expected Mach .74. Descent is the reverse of the climb schedule, with further speed reductions below 10,000' as you set up your approach. You can choose other settings as any of the listed ones are reasonable. To get the simBrief predicted results you have to fly the way you told it you were going to.

• Upvote 2

• Deputy Sheriffs

He won't make LIPB anyway. His SimBrief dispatch calls for 4496 KG and he's got only 2665 KG worth of gas on board and still in the climb segment.

SixFoot, please at least look at The Dude's videos if you don't want to run the tutorial flight. Then run your flight again with correct climb speeds and enough gas on board and let us know how you make out. You can see there are several of us pulling for you.