HomaSim OIIE gate names don't work with GSX - name them properly please!!

ollie.j

It appears that the scenery files call stands like 112L and 112R the same thing (112, without L and R). This means GSX can't be set up to work with both as it can only remember one position. Can this please be fixed ASAP? I was really hoping to launch a nice GSX profile with pax and walkers ahead of CTL tomorrow, but I can't do anything until this is fixed!! 

Thank you

They're called 112L and 112R in real life. In the scenery, 112L and 112R are both called 112, which is not correct?? That means in GSX, they both come up as only 112. GSX identifies that there are two stands, but applies the same settings to both because it cannot store two positions in the .ini called the same name (clearly, because otherwise you can't tell which 112 is which). So then the positions are wrong. And also when you say you want to go to a gate, it says do you want gate 112 or gate 112 (well which one is L and which is R?) and actually 112 is neither - it's the one in the middle, which hasn't been included by the developer at all!!

I'm asking that 112L be called 112L, and 112R be called 112R. (The same is true for every position where the developer placed L and R parking positions... the L and R is missing from the naming.

On 9/2/2022 at 1:27 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Ahhh okay, I misunderstood that. I will forward that information to the project manager.

I worked with another developer who said they simply had to rename the positions to ensure it worked correctly. So actually it was a very quick solution.