Twin Otter still at v 1.0.5 in Marketplace, Where is v 1.0.6?

OK I'll be the AH that asks, It has been over a month since 1.0.6 Twin Otter update was issued to non Microsoft purchasers. Can you please tell us why we cannot install the latest update. I don't want to speculate why Microsoft has not issued the update. I would rather here from you why they have not. We spent the same hard earned money as everyone else, should be considered customers like everyone else and would like some feedback other than "I don't know" If you do not know please contact Microsoft or Asobo and support your product for us.

Since there is no DELETE option for one's own post, I copied this from GENERAL DISCUSSION (no support). Feel free to close or delete that post if possible.

• Aerosoft

For sure you are paying customers, but paying customers of Microsoft, not Aerosoft.  In our experience, us asking makes no difference, we also just get told where it is in the process. We simply have zero control over when they release somethings. It took 40 weeks for Simple Traffic to be handled, and there we also simply had no idea why exactly. 

So although you do not like the reply, we simply do not know and have no way to find out a release date.  Sorry.

• Thanks 2

• Aerosoft
18 hours ago, rbringh said:

I'm curious...what's Aerosoft's ratio of aircraft sales Marketplace vs. Direct?

I am sure you understand we are not willing to share that. But fact is that we are extremely hesitant to do releases that simply would never be eligible for a Marketplace release.  It is very much like Steam. Of course you can release a game without also releasing it on Steam, but.... At this moment OnAir Company and NavDataPro are the only projects intended for MSFS (but they works for all flightsims of course) that we handle that simply will never be able to be released on the Marketplace. 

Keep in mind that next to our own store we have deals with many well known sites that sell our products and that is a pretty powerful network, certainly for our long term customers.  For example, we are honored to be represented on Flightsim.to (https://flightsim.to/vendor/Aerosoft) since a few weeks. These are valued partners, simMarket has been selling our products for over two decades.  Customers buy where they feel secure, where they have an account, where they have good experiences. And that is how things should be.

While we of course prefer you buy in our shop, what you get and the level of support is exactly the same.  The only difference is that in any shop expect our own we simply have no control over when things are released. 

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I am sure you understand we are not willing to share that. But fact is that we are extremely hesitant to do releases that simply would never be eligible for a Marketplace release.  It is very much like Steam. Of course you can release a game without also releasing it on Steam, but.... At this moment OnAir Company and NavDataPro are the only projects intended for MSFS (but they works for all flightsims of course) that we handle that simply will never be able to be released on the Marketplace. 

Keep in mind that next to our own store we have deals with many well known sites that sell our products and that is a pretty powerful network, certainly for our long term customers.  For example, we are honored to be represented on Flightsim.to (https://flightsim.to/vendor/Aerosoft) since a few weeks. These are valued partners, simMarket has been selling our products for over two decades.  Customers buy where they feel secure, where they have an account, where they have good experiences. And that is how things should be.

While we of course prefer you buy in our shop, what you get and the level of support is exactly the same.  The only difference is that in any shop expect our own we simply have no control over when things are released. 

Yes, I understand. I was a very inexperienced MSFS user and the CRJ and Twin Otter were the first planes I purchased. I had no issues with Marketplace early on but as I evolved in the sim I soon learned of some of the drawbacks, yes keeping everything in one place is nice and limiting the vendors holding my credit card number to a minimum made sense. However, as I purchased other planes I did so directly with the supplier if possible.

With that said it just amazes me that Microsoft or Asobo is treating the content creators in this manner. I'm sure they have all the right excuses to justify their actions. I would imagine SU10 and the delays and issues they have with that, they are reluctant to publish any update that hasn't been tested with the final version.

I do appreciate the response and understand Asobo's actions are probably just as frustrating to you as it is to me.