Please! Someone explain the logic in the mouse-wheel acceleration for setting ALT and other

NoelCP

I have many hours now in the CRJ-700 and love it.  I'm a staunch defender of this plane, am flying it this very second.  For the life of me I cannot figure out what's behind the acceleration routine.  Someone here, who obviously was as confused as I still am, advised he spins fast, then stops and waits a few seconds and spins the mouse wheel slowly so he can dial in the exact ALT/HDG/WHATEVER with fine control--but that does not work either!  I fumble around with this repeatedly and have yet to understand how it is intended to function.   So, how was the logic programmed on this control?

Please, and thank you in advance!

• 1 month later...

If you change e.g. the Altitude with the mousewheel, you have to make a few turns and than stop short and after that stop you can spin the wheel again for a few turns before you have to stop again. If you do not stop - it will switch from changing hundrets to thousands and you will overshoot your target altitude. That issue is frustrating me since FSX...

it is frustrating with the CRJ because if you are in VS or Speed mode changing the altitude, and you "overshoot" -> the AP will switch to ALT because you reach accidently the altitude at which you are currently and the plane will level off. So you have "fast" press VS again and change the altitude to hold the plane in the climb/descent.

But sorry, i do not have a solution for that ;) (only turn the mousewheel slowly...)

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Selberfliegenisttoll:

That issue is frustrating me since FSX...

I guess it is a feature not a an issue. If you have to change altitude by several thousand ft it is a quite long job when doing this in steps of hundreds.

So you can either turn the mousewheel slower, or you make a short brake after some "klicks".

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Selberfliegenisttoll:

but not in this way like it is at the moment...

Well, this is quite individual. I like it as it is.

Ok, a possibilty to switch to different mouse modes would be fine though.

Of course you can argue about that for a long time ;) but in principle I have no problem with it - only when I fly the CRJ. when I'm climbing and change the height, then it is at the AP too high because it overshoots and then i

reduce the height in the AP again, the height then suddenly (because the steps increase again) is the same as my own -> the AP changes to enter ALT mode and stop climbing. same at approach when i enter the missed

approach altitude. this has happened to me so many times. and so this "feature" forces me to turn the height very, very slowly - which is annoying...  i want to dial in the height as fast as possible and dont want to wait for that

ISSUE to me :D

Maybe just a small issue, and others have no problem with it. But i already have ;)