Simstarter changes affinity mask in prepar3d.cfg to 2048

Firefly77

Hi all,

out of the sudden and not always but sometimes my P3D is not starting through simstarter. The little window which shows the loading progress of P3D is just blank. 

I know realized that when this happens the affinity mask settings in my prepar3d.cfg file is changed to 2048:

[JobScheduler]

AffinityMask=2048

P3DCoreAffinityMask=2048

MainThreadScheduler=0

RenderThreadScheduler=2

FrameWorkerThreadScheduler=4

Under the tweak settings of simstarter i have choosen 21844: 

[JobScheduler]

AffinityMask=21844

P3DCoreAffinityMask=21844

MainThreadScheduler=0

RenderThreadScheduler=2

Most of the times, i tihink about 70%, P3D is loading correctly when i start it via simstarter. The other 30% are not loading P3D due to this changed affinity mask value. 

I never ever have set somewhere this value (2048) anywhere and it started to behave like this out of the nowhere. 

Does anybody has an idea ? 

Thanks and best regards 

Michael 

• Developer

Looks like you have changed the CPU after the inital setup. Make sense to Import the prepar3d.cfg to the Master ConfigSet.

That ensures SIMstarter has the latest affinity setting.

Hi Peter,

I did what you said and imported the current Prepar3d.cfg  to the Master ConfigSet. 

It worked two times straight away and then it freezed P3D again during starting via SimStarter. 

I directly checked the Prepar3d.cfg and now it was changed to: 

[JobScheduler]
AffinityMask=0
P3DCoreAffinityMask=0
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=2

So, unfortuneatly the problem is not solved however it has changed. I never got AM=0 before! I think there is somewhere a glitch which happens when I start the Profile in Simstarter. 

Any further ideas ? 

Thanks and best regards 

Michael 

• 2 weeks later...