Still suffering CRJ550/700 CTD

John Daniels

Hello,

I purchased the Aersoft CRJ fall 2020 not long after it came out. I purchased this via the MSFS marketplace (yes, my mistake I know). Since then beyond my initial frustration with the aircraft (due to no manuals that I knew of at the time) I began to try and pickup the aircraft in 2021 and then try to use it much more in 2022.

Both the 550 and 700 crash to desktop, regardless of whether I have a flight plan, use a modified airport, or use/not use a flight plan pre-programmed. I HAVE consulted the FAQ section regarding the suggestions.

I have also,

1. Uninstalled the product and reinstalled via MSFS marketplace

2. Verified the integrity of game files

3. Removed all 3rd party content (aside from Aerosoft CRJ) and try to load aircraft again

4. Uninstalled and reinstalled MSFS and subsequently the CRJ

5. Deleting the all the files marked with m in the aircraft file (resetting the plane, to which the CTD took longer than normal, not to say that it progressed into flight but the loading took longer and the subsequent CTD)

6. Setting traffic variety to ultra

I am at my wits end and would greatly appreciate some help please. I will do my best to be as helpful as I can be with regards to this topic. However, I am not well versed in the ins and outs of bug reports and the like. I may need an explanation as to how to do such a task.

Thank you very much in advanced for any suggestions that might work.

P.S. Is the CRJ 900/1000 experiencing the same CTD's as the 550/700? I do like the idea of the product and it looks extremely well put together but I do not wish to spend another $20 on top of the $68 i spent on the 550/700 for the same constant CTD

• 2 weeks later...

I discovered I temporarily started getting CTDs with the CRJs. Sourced it to manually changing my controls setup for the H145 and using keybindings for the H145…but forgetting to switch back to the normal keybindings afterwards.

Ask yourself if you had recently changed the keybindings to activate some specific function that doesn’t apply on the CRJ. In my case, I believe it was something like “Magneto 1 Left Toggle” to the G key.

17 hours ago, amahran said:

I discovered I temporarily started getting CTDs with the CRJs. Sourced it to manually changing my controls setup for the H145 and using keybindings for the H145…but forgetting to switch back to the normal keybindings afterwards.

Ask yourself if you had recently changed the keybindings to activate some specific function that doesn’t apply on the CRJ. In my case, I believe it was something like “Magneto 1 Left Toggle” to the G key.

This!  This is yet another GREAT reason why everyone should be using AAO or SpadNext.  Do you know that I don't have to remember to switch bindings?  AAO does it for me.  I just load and fly and have only view bindings in the sim.  

• Upvote 3