737-800 Cockpit lights (dome, background, map light)

• Administrator

Hello Sir,

the Lights you can set for the Dome Light at the overhead panel. There is a switch for bright, Dim, or Off.

See picture with some more lights (red arrows).

In the left cockpit (pilot) you can set other lights with rotary knobs for off, dim...bright.

This is dirctly left beside the FMS.

Described are the lights also in the manual (for Dome for example on page 25).

The Manual you find as a PDF file in the installed folder of the B737-800. 

.../aircraft/Laminar Research/Boeing B737-800/

Important for most lights is that you have configured the X-Plane 11 settings to higher values.

Menu - settings - graphics - Visual effects. This should be set to High (HDR) or max.

Please login to display this image.

Hello there.

Thank you for your reply and your gold time.

I also want to edit the .Obj files, .DDS files to Personalization the aircraft for my self.

I see 737-800 Level up, the chart lights and dome light has a yellow warm sun light. when 737-800 zibo has the white color. how can I change the colors? What app I have to use to edit the lights? I see external lights like strobe or landing lights are in  738lights.obj . 

I hope you can help me and thanks again for your reply.

Kian1150

Hello again. I found some thing and I'll share it

I'm not sure if that dome and chart lights and . . . are in which Obj file. I used notepad but again I didn't find any thing except the keys or models about the dome and chart and other lights in the cockpit. ( just the models of lamps, LED's and keys, where they have to stay in the cockpit)

every thing I can find about lights are in 738lights.Obj and I can edit it and I don't know how to change the colors and bright?

3 numbers for colors and maybe 2 or 1 for the bright?

I tried to find dome and background flood lights. I could just edit some DDS files but I want the lights which is different with DDS and textures.

so I just have no idea where are those lights? I also checked plane maker but nothing. what Obj file is that and what numbers I have to change to get colors and bright?

Thanks for reply and forgive me for my bad explain in the first post.

Kian1150

Hello there again!

I found the way after 3 hours and I changed the cockpit dome to whiteand charts or map lights to yellow warm or sun light.

so I'm sure other people wants to know how it was and I'm going to share it with you.

First of all they are in   "738_cockpit_switch.obj"  not 738Lights.obj

So open the following file with windows note pad:       738_cockpit_switch.obj\Objetcs\737-800\aircraft\X plane 11 

Now scroll all the way down to Line 66105 and you have to see those lights starting.

and they are cockpit lights. if you dont know what and which one is for what, then open the x plane 11 and load you're aircraft and you can every time chnageone color from note pad and realod the  "aircraft and art" from developer option on top of the screen to see which light is for where of the cockpit.   ( to save the changes you made in note pad press Ctrl + s if you don't know how to save )

Here is how:

From   ANIM begin      to       ANIM_end  it's talking about 1 of the cockpit lights so there you can change it. for example if you want find it fast, set color of one of them to fully blue and reload the aircraft and then turn all of the cockpit lights On and see which on is blue and there you go now you found that light.

3 numbers are about the colors. you have to make it you're self. and 3 of them are about blight, size and heading  ( maybe "heading" not sure. didn't touch that )

so if you want fully white you have to set 1 1 1. or if you want red, then change to 1 0 0 
.green is 0 1 0 and blue is 0 0 1.

also you can change the landing lights too from 738light.obj just open it with note pad again and search for lights.

I hope it was helpful. it takes 4 days for me to find it how. I hope you can find them in 1 day with this post

Kian1150