Honeycomb config help m1 Mac

a while back upon downloading the configurator I had trouble getting the application to work. I have linked it at the bottom of the post.

I ended up getting it to work... sort of. 

I downloaded the Mac x-plane 11 software and unzipped it.

I moved the "AFC_Bridge" folder to my X-plane 11 plugins folder

upon trying to the open the "honeycomb-configurator.app" I'd get the 'this app was downloaded from the internet are you sure you want to open?" I pressed "open" and then the configurator would open to the blank screen (there is a screenshot in the thread that is linked below)

after months of causally coming back and trying to open the application to see if it would open nothing changed.

to try something different I moved the "honeycomb-configurator.app" OUT OF THE "AFC_Bridge" folder and then into my "applications" folder and tried to open it.

Andddd it opened! and worked!

(worth noting once it worked I moved the "honeycomb-configurator.app" back into the "AFC_Bridges" folder and moved the "AFC_Bridges" folder to my applications and tried to open the configurator again and it didn't work. I moved the app out of the "AFC_Bridges" file tried again and it opened and ran)

but here comes the problem... I can't use any profiles in x-plane.

upon opening the "honeycomb-configurator.app" (that is now in my "applications" folder) it created 2 new folder ( also in my applications folder) "honeycomb_profiles" and "mac_x64"

I later realised that all profits I was creating using the application were saving to the "honeycomb_profiles" folder in my applications and not to the "honeycomb_profiles" folder inside the "AFC_Bridge" folder.

meaning that I had no way of using any profits except the default.

to fix this I tried:

I made an alias of both folders that were created in my applications folder which I placed inside the "AFC_Bridge" folder - didn't work.

Leaving the alias folders in the "AFC_Bridge" folder I then deleted the original folders(inside AFC_Bridge) ("honeycomb_profiles" and "mac_x64") in hope that maybe x-plane would use alias folders - didn't work.

bring back the 2 deleted folders from the above attempt of trying to fix the problem I deleted all copies of the "default profile" within the "AFC_Bridges" folder including one inside the "Mac_x64" folder When I tried to reload the bindings in X-Plane I was given

"JSON file' ** location of the "default profile" that was located inside the "Mac_x64" folder** could not be opened."

I'd really appreciate any help/advice. I've spent more time trying to get this thing working than I've spent using it.

Thank you, Tim

bellow is the message I got when trying to reload the bindings after deleting the "default profile" from the "Mac_x64" folder

Please login to display this image.

bellow is the link to the forum when I couldn't get the configurator to run.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/172178-configurator-opens-to-blank-screen/#comment-1086747

Hi... Any help on this? I am not able to import any profile, but I can export. I even tried to give full access to the configurator tool but it didn't work. When I go to Import menu, I can see any file, but I cannot select them, even if I export the Default Profile and try to import it, I am unable to select the file.

Note, I am running the version 2.1.0 of the configurator on macOS Monterey with M1 processor.

I attached a screenshot of the import dialog box.

Please login to display this image.

EDIT: I am new to Honeycomb. I just bought the Alpha and Bravo hardwares this week and I am trying to configure them.

Hi!

I think your issue is a little bit different to mine.

I'm stuck using the default profile and it won't change to which ever profile I have active.

I hadn't even tried to get any downloaded profile to work as I couldn't even get one I made working...

I did download a profile off the internet to see and tried to import it into xplane to see if I had the same issue as you and sure enough! (I couldn't open the file as it was greyed out).

that being said, I can't find the honeycomb configurator in the list of applications that have access to my folders and files.

I have no idea what the issue is and how to get it fix.

best of luck ill keep you posted if I find anything :)

20 hours ago, Tim T said:

Hi!

I think your issue is a little bit different to mine.

I'm stuck using the default profile and it won't change to which ever profile I have active.

I hadn't even tried to get any downloaded profile to work as I couldn't even get one I made working...

I did download a profile off the internet to see and tried to import it into xplane to see if I had the same issue as you and sure enough! (I couldn't open the file as it was greyed out).

that being said, I can't find the honeycomb configurator in the list of applications that have access to my folders and files.

I have no idea what the issue is and how to get it fix.

best of luck ill keep you posted if I find anything :)

Thanks for the explanation.

About the issue to import profiles, I found another Mac user with the same issue. It looks like an issue in the Mac version of the configurator.

About adding the configurator to have access to files & folders in the "Security & Privacy" setting, I could add it and the issue persists. I also gave full access to the configurator, and still have the same issue.

I am keeping my researches, or expect to Honeycomb to provide a solution shortly.

Hi Jorge,

you could always try submitting a help request.

if you work out how to solve your issue let me know! might help me solve mine...

cheers Tim,

16 hours ago, Tim T said:

Hi Jorge,

if you work out how to solve your issue let me know! might help me solve mine...

cheers Tim,

I am trying to fix the issue in my end. I did some changes, no success. I will keep my researches.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

Am 13.8.2022 um 22:19 schrieb Jorge Uvo:

Hi... Any help on this? I am not able to import any profile, but I can export. I even tried to give full access to the configurator tool but it didn't work. When I go to Import menu, I can see any file, but I cannot select them, even if I export the Default Profile and try to import it, I am unable to select the file.

Note, I am running the version 2.1.0 of the configurator on macOS Monterey with M1 processor.

Hi Jorge, that the profiles cannot be imported with the current version of the Software on Mac is a known one. It is rooted in a bug in the underlying framework.

• Aerosoft
Am 16.8.2022 um 10:28 schrieb Tim T:

Hi Jorge,

cheers Tim,

Hi Tim,

for the Bravo profiles to be usable in X-Plane, they must be named "BFC_Throttle_Config.json" and placed within the "mac_x64" folder.

On 9/2/2022 at 8:29 AM, BenBaron said:

Hi Jorge, that the profiles cannot be imported with the current version of the Software on Mac is a known one. It is rooted in a bug in the underlying framework.

Any news on when a software update will be released addressing this bug? I have the same problem.

Hi, chiming in here with the same issue. I've got the software correctly installed on the Mac (M1 pro). From the log txt file, the error I'm getting is:

dlerror:dlopen(/Applications/X-Plane 12/Resources/plugins/AFC_Bridge/mac_x64/AFC_Bridge.xpl, 0x0006): tried: '/Applications/X-Plane 12/Resources/plugins/AFC_Bridge/mac_x64/AFC_Bridge.xpl' (mach-o file, but is an incompatible architecture (have 'x86_64', need 'arm64e'))

So it looks like it has to do with the architecture of the file relating to the M1 architecture.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hello,

my English is not so good. Pleas Translate ist from German:

as Problem hatte ich auch. Gehe in dem Ordner AFC_Bridge auf die honeycomb-configurator.app. Mit Rechtsklick auswählen: Paketinhalt anzeigen.

Du siehst den Ordner contents, darin MacOS. Dort ist eine Datei honeycomb-configurator. Mit Doppelklick darauf wird der Configurator gestartet.

Mit M1 Prozessor funktionieren die Lampen und Schalter oben nur wenn du das Häckchen "Mit Rosetta starten" bei den Eigenschaften von X--Plane.app gesetzt hast.

Alles andere funktioniert sehr gut.

I had the same problem. Go in the folder AFC_Bridge to the honeycomb-configurator.app. Select with right click: Show package contents.
You will see the folder contents, in it MacOS. There is a file honeycomb-configurator. Double click on it to start the configurator.
With M1 processor, the lights and switches above only work if you have checked the "Start with Rosetta" box in the properties of X--Plane.app.
Everything else works very well.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• 11 months later...

GRAYED-OUT CONFIGURATOR SOLUTION:

TLDR: Copy/paste the original "honeycomb-configurator.app" (app only - from the expanded ZIP file) into the X-Plane 12 folder.

STEPS:

Return to the expanded ZIP file folder you downloaded.

Navigate as follows:

AS_HONEYCOMB_XP_XP11_MAC_V210>Resources>plugins>AFC_Bridge>

Copy the "honeycomb-configurator.app" file

Navigate to the root X-Plane 12 folder:

(your computer)>Users>(your profile)>Library>Apllication Support>Steam>steamapps>common>X-Plane 12>Resources>plugins>AFC_Bridge>

Paste (and replace) the copied file in this folder.  

Double-click to open. 

• Thanks 1