Missing AIRAC 2208 data for PFPX

hedaew

Hello,

while updating the nav data for my flight sim products, I noticed that there wasn't any update for PFPX.

Do you not support PFPX any longer with nav data ?

Kind regards
Erich Wahl

Will there be further updates or is PFPX rendered out of date herewith? Should you decide to dump PFPX, please provide an alternative solution to get updates. 
Best, 
Alex

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Martín Agua said:

Why?

Development of PFPX has ben stopped and therefore Aerosoft removed it from the shop.

I have got the same unexpected problem with nav data update.

Can you confirm that NavData for PFPX will not provided by aerosoft NavDataPro product?

After the update process it only shows AIRAC 2207.

So i have to buy the AIRAC cyle by an othor company to get up to date?

Thank you for help

vor 14 Stunden schrieb mopperle:

Development of PFPX has ben stopped and therefore Aerosoft removed it from the shop.

but, that's strange, because NavDataPro is also providing cycle data even for tools which are freeware or not distributed by Aerosoft. From a customers perspective i would wish to be not "surprised" in that way. 

It is correct that PFPX is not developed anymore, but it is still a powerfull an professional planning tool at it's current state. But actual NavData are exential in the circle of NavdataCharts and the FMGS database for a lot of add-on aircraft.

The alternative which would remain, is to orient towards "the other" well known dataprovider, just from a user and cutomer perspective. 

• Thanks 2

Es ist sehr bedauerlich, dass man es bei Aerosoft offenbar nicht für nötig hält, hier oder auf eingegangene emails zu diesem Thema auch nur zu antworten. Dies spricht eine klare Sprache bezüglich der „Wertschätzung“ der Kundschaft

• Deputy Sheriffs

1. Mathijs answered on Thursday.

2. You first post is from Friday late afternoon.

3. Now we have weekend and nobody ever promised that there is a 7/24 support.

• Like 1

Hello,

I am surprised and confused about the infomation given by Aerosoft.

If I look at the product description of NavDataPro now, PFPX is still on the list of supported addons.

(https://www.aerosoft.com/de/flugsimulation/flight-simulator-x/tools/672/navdatapro-jahresabonnement-13-updates)

I can remember that Mr Kok announced the end of PFPX sales on Nov 9 2021

(https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/167857-pfpx-taken-out-of-the-shop/#)

In the following messages i couldn't find any hints that the airac support would stop at any certain date.

And a full subscription period of 13 cycles isn't reached since then.
As a customer I would expect that the support would be guaranteed at least for this time.

Maybe that only technical issues are responsible for the failed update by NavDataPro.

So therefore I would appreciate any further information referring to this support in question.

Kind regards,

Erich Wahl

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Mathijs Kok:

Let me get an answer to that.

Okay.
BTW:
I have seen, that the NavDataPro-Features have been changed meanwhile.

Kind regards
Erich Wahl

oh nice. I bought 1 year navdata accses today just for use with pfpx and pmdg. I had no information that AIRAC support for PFPX has been stopped. If I had known earlier I would have saved myself the money. that annoys me now

• Thanks 1

vor 36 Minuten schrieb Mr.Eurocup:

oh nice. I bought 1 year navdata accses today just for use with pfpx and pmdg. I had no information that AIRAC support for PFPX has been stopped. If I had known earlier I would have saved myself the money. that annoys me now

Same here. It is indeed annoying especially as there is no real flow of information from the side of Aerosoft

Am 14.8.2022 um 22:48 schrieb mopperle:

1. Mathijs answered on Thursday.

2. You first post is from Friday late afternoon.

3. Now we have weekend and nobody ever promised that there is a 7/24 support.

A short sentence is not an answer. An answer would include detailed information, such as, is there a continuation of service planned? When can this be expected etc etc.  
Time to move on to NAVIGRAPH as it seems. 

• Aerosoft

Okay the issue is that we need to get that data from the developers of PFPX and though we did try, we simply have not received any.  As they stopped development of the product it might be they do not read those emails a lot and it is August it might that they are just on vacation. We will keep in trying to reach them. If we do not succeed in the next week we will try to find another solution.

• Aerosoft
27 minutes ago, Alexvassi said:

A short sentence is not an answer. An answer would include detailed information, such as, is there a continuation of service planned? When can this be expected etc etc.  
Time to move on to NAVIGRAPH as it seems. 

And if I simply do not know? So just write that I am trying to find out (as I did)?

I am sorry we are unable to meet your expectations, if you feel Navigraph serves your purposes better I suggest that you use that option.

vor 30 Minuten schrieb Mathijs Kok:

And if I simply do not know? So just write that I am trying to find out (as I did)?

I am sorry we are unable to meet your expectations, if you feel Navigraph serves your purposes better I suggest that you use that option.

My text was an answer to the arrogant comment of the user MOPPERLE. I received your answer now and saw your email. Will be waiting then and seeing if there will be a result over the next weeks. 
Best regards

vor einer Stunde schrieb Mathijs Kok:

Mathijs, thank you for putting some light on it. Some comments may sound a little bit rude, but if something important and beloved isn´t working as it used to anymore, someone has to be blamed. 

I guess that many users, including me, were not aware about the fact, that you need the assistance by the devs of PFPX, to create the nessecary database. Me myself i thought those database is generated by your team of navDataPro, based on a defined translation sheet or template that PFPX can read. If that would be the fact, i´am sure it won´t be a big deal for the NavData Team to transform the LIDO data into just one more database for PFPX. But if you need allways the assistance by the PFPX team every time would explain the lack. Maybe the devs will provide at least the template to you for future dataconversions for PFPX, to keep PFPX up to date for the NavData at least. Otherwise PFPX would get more and more obsolete for serious flightplanning. And yes, SimBrief would became the new (and only campareable) way for the future.

vor 17 Minuten schrieb BerndB:

Mathijs, thank you for putting some light on it. Some comments may sound a little bit rude, but if something important and beloved isn´t working as it used to anymore, someone has to be blamed. 

I guess that many users, including me, were not aware about the fact, that you need the assistance by the devs of PFPX, to create the nessecary database. Me myself i thought those database is generated by your team of navDataPro, based on a defined translation sheet or template that PFPX can read. If that would be the fact, i´am sure it won´t be a big deal for the NavData Team to transform the LIDO data into just one more database for PFPX. But if you need allways the assistance by the PFPX team every time would explain the lack. Maybe the devs will provide at least the template to you for future dataconversions for PFPX, to keep PFPX up to date for the NavData at least. Otherwise PFPX would get more and more obsolete for serious flightplanning. And yes, SimBrief would became the new (and only campareable) way for the future.

I can agree to that statement of BerndB.
Thank you, Mr. Kok for your info.
Please let us know about the further developments.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Am 18.8.2022 um 14:07 schrieb Mathijs Kok:

We will for sure ask for the data layout so we can produce them inhouse.  Hope to know more on Monday when some people arte back in office.

Mathijs, i think the other agree when i tell you that we appreciate your efforts, we really do! I hope you´ll succeed in that.

• Thanks 1