Fuel boost pumps are either amber "Inop" or off, I can't get them to go to white "On".

escetic

MSFS - Aerosoft CRJ900 - v1.0.18

I'm trying to follow the manual for startup but my fuel boost pumps are either amber "Inop" or off, I can't get them to go to white "On".   I've watched a number of youtube vids of startup steps and everyone seems to easily turn the fuel boost pumps on by just pressing the button.  What's going on here, why can't I start my fuel boost pumps?

Also, noticing that the manual calls them "switches" when they're buttons.  I cannot find any other fuel boost pump "switches" anywhere.  Switches are things you flick, toggle or turn.  Buttons are things you press.  Am I missing a switch somewhere?

Thanks for any help, have lost hours trying to solve this.

I do not know of other fuel pump "switches" than the two "buttons" in the overhead panel.

When i follow the Checklist for startup, i just need to leftklick these buttons and they turn to white "On".

• Like 1

Unless you have some weird bind to your controller, there is no reason for this to happen.   Follow the startup procedure step by step.   Note also that once the engines start, the fuel pump light goes off. 

• Aerosoft
12 minutes ago, jay jay said:

Unless you have some weird bind to your controller, there is no reason for this to happen. 

Indeed. Just also make sure you don't have buttons across multiple devices assigned to the pumps.

• Upvote 1

I don't have any buttons assigned or bound to the pumps.  Every button on each panel works exactly the same, I left click on it with my mouse and it works.  The fuel boost pumps react, obviously, if they're able to move from INOP to black.  The problem is they're not moving from amber INOP to white ON.

This would appear to be a defect, the correct logic isn't being applied to the button  if it's not going from amber INOP to white ON and if the fuel booster pumps are, in fact, inoperative and cannot be turned on no matter what.  This means I cannot start the plane engines no matter what I do.

Are there any steps that need to be performed before turning on the fuel boost pumps, which the fuel boost pumps are dependent on?  

I just loaded the plane for the dozenth time and noticed it's starting with WHITE ON for the fuel booster pumps, but after a minute becomes black and from that point on there's nothing you can do, the pumps are either OFF or INOP.   Likewise if I switch to cold and dark mode and turn on the battery master, the pumps are starting ON, but go black after a minute.  Once they go black there's no way to turn them on, the plane is dead to you, you need to reload the plane.

So it would seem by the time a person reading the manual gets to the part where they have to turn on the booster pumps, it's too late.  They need to be turning on those booster pumps as soon as the plane loads, before they go through any other checklists, it needs to be the very first thing a pilot does.

Does this jibe with reality?

• Deputy Sheriffs

I can not replicate your problem and obviously nobody else.

Did you connect the GPU and turned it on in the OHP?

vor 5 Stunden schrieb escetic:

Are there any steps that need to be performed before turning on the fuel boost pumps,

Yes: Follow the Checklist! This tell you to start up the fuel pumps right before engine start.

Do you use any third party livery for the CRJ? These can cause issues in cockpits, too.

• Upvote 1

On 8/7/2022 at 8:58 PM, escetic said:

MSFS - Aerosoft CRJ900 - v1.0.18

I'm trying to follow the manual for startup but my fuel boost pumps are either amber "Inop" or off, I can't get them to go to white "On".   I've watched a number of youtube vids of startup steps and everyone seems to easily turn the fuel boost pumps on by just pressing the button.  What's going on here, why can't I start my fuel boost pumps?

Also, noticing that the manual calls them "switches" when they're buttons.  I cannot find any other fuel boost pump "switches" anywhere.  Switches are things you flick, toggle or turn.  Buttons are things you press.  Am I missing a switch somewhere?

Thanks for any help, have lost hours trying to solve this.

The Left and Right Boost Pumps are actually switchlights. The CRJ has a dark cockpit philosophy so when everything is configured for cruise (read: working normally) all lights are out and EICAS messages are blank. The Boost Pump switchlights will illuminate amber "INOP" when deselected or when failed. When selected, the "light" part of the switchlight will remain extinguished until one of many things triggers them to run. Long story short: select the Boost Pump switchlights IN and don't worry about whether they're illuminated, the aircraft will take care of running them for you.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Upvote 2

Done a cold & dark startup ( been a long time! I usually load into turnaround ), sitting here for 15 mins holding at the about-to-start-engines point, boost pumps are still showing white ( as expected went out after 2nd engine start sequence completed ). And, now, same for starting from turnaround - in fact I can't get them to go out without turning the battery off! the INS has decided it needs to realign ( really? just from a moment of power out? ) but the pump button lights relit instantly.

If you load the aircraft in a state with the engines running ( Ready to Taxi I think is it? seems to use the default state when starting on the runway ) then yes the pump lights will be momentarily lit while it runs through the start sequence, and then go out. At that point playing with the pumps is redundant & you should be ( after sorting the FMS out ) using the taxi or takeoff checklists. If you want to do a full startup ( or just a turnaround startup ) at a gate every time, go into the EFB Aircraft page & set the Default State.

• Upvote 1