Sim-wings airport issues (Canary Islands)

wfm18

Hi all,

I don't know where to find the proper support for Sim-wings addons as they don't have a contact section and refer to this forum where there is no dedicated section for them. Anyway, I installed La Gomera via simMarket along all the other Canary Islands solutions they provide. They all got upgraded to Aerosoft One, but La Gomera did not. Currently with the SU10 beta, La Gomera is not showing up anymore on the world map in MSFS. I hope this airport will be upgraded soon to Aerosoft One and updated accordingly (including Ibiza that I want to purchase but waiting for that to happen...)

Next to that, I have installed the aerial textures and scenery by Island Creations, which is definitely amazing to upgrade the Canary Islands section, however there are a lot of issues with how the airport and the scenery blend together. It would be great if Sim-wings could also work on that integration, as I contacted Island Creations and they were very open and willing to integrate further.

• Deputy Sheriffs

You are in the correct forum. But please do not link to docs on external sites. You can attach screenshots directly to your post.

• Developer

When it is happen with a Beta Version of MSFS address this issue to Asobo/Microsoft as member of betatesters, so they can fix the issue before they release the code with bugs finaly. 

All canaria sceneries working perfect since month/years with the actual MSFS versions and so it‘s in behalf of Asobo/MS to keep there codes stayable.

• Upvote 1

With all respect, Oliver. I understand how annoying it is, having to adapt your own products for several times, cause the main platform changes. But with this sim, we have a company which is dedicated to develop the platform to a higher level. I havn't seen this with MS simulators... well, since I'm flying these things (for 25 years now). And I'm very glad Asobo and Microsoft made this commitment. Even if things brake from time to time (and hell they do!!), overall it's a good thing that this platform is beeing developed further.

So, to say 'it's the sims fault, they should fix it' seems a bit of a short thinking, from my perspective.

• Upvote 1

• Developer
15 hours ago, RogePete said:

With all respect, Oliver. I understand how annoying it is, having to adapt your own products for several times, cause the main platform changes. But with this sim, we have a company which is dedicated to develop the platform to a higher level. I havn't seen this with MS simulators... well, since I'm flying these things (for 25 years now). And I'm very glad Asobo and Microsoft made this commitment. Even if things brake from time to time (and hell they do!!), overall it's a good thing that this platform is beeing developed further.

So, to say 'it's the sims fault, they should fix it' seems a bit of a short thinking, from my perspective.

In nearly 40 years of software developments I never could change programcode in a way, that existing data (scenies are only data for the MSFS) could not used anymore. The users will kill me for that. Therefor any good sytem has a version number in the data (like MSFS scenery packets has), so when changes are needed for new functions, you should be able the handle the older packets, ok without the new features, but as they works when they was released. To brake the function with an update of the sim is a bug not a feature.

Nobody (not MS, not the user) pay us to change the scenery with any SU update. 

But we will see what is finaly released with the SU, then we can see if something must be modified in the scenery. I never make changes based on a Beta of the sim.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 8/8/2022 at 1:19 PM, OPabst said:

When it is happen with a Beta Version of MSFS address this issue to Asobo/Microsoft as member of betatesters, so they can fix the issue before they release the code with bugs finaly. 

All canaria sceneries working perfect since month/years with the actual MSFS versions and so it‘s in behalf of Asobo/MS to keep there codes stayable.

Hi OPabst (Oliver?),

Thanks for your message. I can see why for example La Gomera not showing up could be an issue on Asobo/Microsoft's end and there is absolutely no blame. However the others (I bought all canaries content of yours, also waiting for Lanzarote and more haha) do show up without issues, so that is my interesting find. Also this airport is not updated (yet) to Aerosoft One's installer, which would make life much easier and that issue is outside of MSFS. I hope that could be something you could add to the backlog.

Apart from that, the main concern is the integration with other 3rd party software (see screenshot above), which I think is in important step to improve the experience. I hope developers will work together to integrate their solutions, especially airports and aerial scenery/mesh modifications as I outlined in this case. With the color tuning of the Canary Islands in the default MSFS there are a lot of issues, and the Island Creations files add a magnificent new aerial to the experience. Having some sort of fix on both ends would provide a meaningful experience for all customers, and I hope this can be valued as important by Sim-wings too.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb OPabst:

In nearly 40 years of software developments I never could change programcode in a way, that existing data (scenies are only data for the MSFS) could not used anymore. The users will kill me for that. Therefor any good sytem has a version number in the data (like MSFS scenery packets has), so when changes are needed for new functions, you should be able the handle the older packets, ok without the new features, but as they works when they was released. To brake the function with an update of the sim is a bug not a feature.

Nobody (not MS, not the user) pay us to change the scenery with any SU update. 

But we will see what is finaly released with the SU, then we can see if something must be modified in the scenery. I never make changes based on a Beta of the sim.

I understand what you're trying to say. And yes, the Asobo developement is a bit sloppy, to say the least. Well, this is a big ship and we're all kind of unintentional early adopters. And you're abolutely correct to not doing changes on basis of a beta.

• Aerosoft

Friends, if you find issues in a Microsoft beta I suggest discussing that with Microsoft.  We appreciate being informed, but if things worked and do not work in a beta it is the people who released the beta that should know, that's why they released a beta. 

For publisher/developers like Aerosoft and developers like Oliver it is simply not easy to start adapting code until you are 101% sure that will be the released version.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Exacty, I guess we all agree on that. But what about the upgrade of the airport(s) to Aerosoft One (that holds me off from buying Ibiza now) and the compatibility with Island Creations aerials and meshes? This has nothing to do with Asobo/MS and is completely ignored in this thread so far. I can understand the frustrations however. I'm just only trying to help with outlining some findings of the integration between the products and only informing about the La Gomera issue.

• Aerosoft

I will alert the devs to a possible conflict with another DLC. This is however a very complex issue and you simply should never assume DLC will be compatible with other DLC unless it is clearly stated. If you feel the Island Creations aerials and for you more important than the airports I suggest you do not buy this DLC.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I will alert the devs to a possible conflict with another DLC. This is however a very complex issue and you simply should never assume DLC will be compatible with other DLC unless it is clearly stated. If you feel the Island Creations aerials and for you more important than the airports I suggest you do not buy this DLC.

Great, thanks for the feedback! It's more or less to inform and help, since I'm pretty happy with the airports! Upgrading the missing Sim-wings airports to Aerosoft One would just be easier to configure and update, but I guess that is something you guys are working on for more content.

Enjoy your evening.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fair enough, I know Island Creations is at least working on it and they are very helpful luckily. Any updates on updating La Gomera and Ibiza to an Aerosoft One install? Same also happened to Tenerife and La Palma like two months ago - would make life easier and is not covered in your answer.

• 3 weeks later...

After SU10, the La Gomera airport is still not showing up on the map FYI - I hope my question above about the Aerosoft One upgrade for these airports can still be answered as well.

• Developer
7 hours ago, wfm18 said:

After SU10, the La Gomera airport is still not showing up on the map FYI - I hope my question above about the Aerosoft One upgrade for these airports can still be answered as well.

From which Map did you talk? The Map in the MSFS? The Map of Aerosoft One?

La Gomera is not yet integrated in Aerosoft One as I know, but that does not need any update of the scenery and is not related to the MSFS SU Version.

It is just a task Aerosoft can do with the packages of the La Gomera Product they have in there Shop.

• Developer
15 hours ago, OPabst said:

From which Map did you talk? The Map in the MSFS? The Map of Aerosoft One?

Ok, have doublechecked it and you seams to talk about the WorldMap in the sim. Yes here GCGM is missing, will check it and send an Update to Aerosoft sasp.

PS: Update already send to Aerosoft 

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2022 at 10:30 AM, OPabst said:

Ok, have doublechecked it and you seams to talk about the WorldMap in the sim. Yes here GCGM is missing, will check it and send an Update to Aerosoft sasp.

PS: Update already send to Aerosoft 

Awesome, it's indeed the World Map ingame I was talking about. Many thanks for checking back with me and resolving the issue!

Purchased La Gomera from Simmarket and it now says to use Aerosoft One, however my simmarket password wont be accepted by Aerosoft One under Library, Enter Product Key. What am I doing wrong

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, mikced76 said:

Purchased La Gomera from Simmarket and it now says to use Aerosoft One, however my simmarket password wont be accepted by Aerosoft One under Library, Enter Product Key. What am I doing wrong

This is a completely different issue. Please contact Aerosoft directly under support@aerosoft.com