Redispatch alternate flight planning section?

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before. I searched the forum and couldn't find anything.

I'm looking for a way to create a NavLog on the OFP from the redispatch destination airport to its alternate. I can find the distance, fuel burn, time, and ATC route from the redispatch destination to its alternate, but I can't find tags to delimit a NavLog section. 

Obviously you can make a NavLog from the redispatch point to the redispatch destination with

<&RedispatchNavLog_Begin>

<&RedispatchNavLog_End>

so I was hoping for something analogous, like:

<&RedispatchAltnNavLog_Begin>

<&RedispatchAltnNavLog_End>

...but it doesn't seem to exist. Is making this NavLog a possibility, or just something that PFPX doesn't support?

Thanks, everyone.

Thanks for the speedy reply. This works if there is a redispatch alternate, but I'm having a problem if "Isolated" is selected and there is no redispatch alternate.

It seems this section is called and sent to the OFP, even if redispatch alternate is undefined. Is that my error?

In other words, whatever is contained within 

<&RedispatchAlternateNavLog_Begin>

<&RedispatchAlternateNavLog_End>

...is still being sent to the OFP, even when <&RedispatchAltn> is blank.

Okay, it's working now. The secret is to enclose the whole thing in <&RedispatchAlternate>.

It looks like this:

<&RedispatchAlternate_Begin>

... insert text header here ...

<&RedispatchAlternate_End>

• 2 weeks later...
Am 28.7.2022 um 20:11 schrieb Will C:

Thanks for the speedy reply. This works if there is a redispatch alternate, but I'm having a problem if "Isolated" is selected and there is no redispatch alternate.

It seems this section is called and sent to the OFP, even if redispatch alternate is undefined. Is that my error?

In other words, whatever is contained within 

...is still being sent to the OFP, even when <&RedispatchAltn> is blank.

Just to make sure,

you are trying to calculate a Reduced Contingency Fuel (RCF) Procedure (that's what a Redispatch is for many years already) with an Isolated Aerodrome, right?

Well, it's not really what I'm trying to do in PFPX, rather what I'm trying to get the OFP template to display. The problem was that the displayed format was incorrect unless an alternate was supplied. However, using the fix above, the template now prints with the correct layout, regardless of whether an alternate is used or not.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy & Terms of Use