CRJ 550/700 stays dark and cold no matter what

I’ve installed CRJ 550/700, but it doesn’t work as expected. The cabin stays dark and cold even after 20 minutes and several reinstallations. All switches still move but no response from corresponding systems is shown. How can I possibly fix this problem?

Thank you for your response! I followed the tutorial precisely. CRJ700ER in the Lufthansa livery is parked at Paderborn airport, and then… nothing happens. EFB doesn’t work, battery master switch moves but no electrical power is provided. I’m not sure but maybe it is important to mention that the very first loading did not take long. As if an aircraft had already been installed.

Good afternoon!

Now I can tell that I did everything I could. I have even reinstalled MSFS but nothing changed. Engines are on, but the cabin is still dark and cold. I’ve searched through a great number of different forums and found no solvation for this problem. You are my last hope.

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

Just two ideas :

- If you have any controls connected (joystick, yoke, quadrant, ...)

please disconnect them and try to start the aircraft with the mouse.

- Make sure the ASSISTANCE settings is on "TRUE TO LIFE"

Best regards.

Are you on XBox or PC? Have you got AI Assistance Settings turned off?  Can you confirm if this is a 'normal' flight : you picked the CRJ on the map screen, you picked a departure airport from the list (or clicking on the globe) and you pressed "Fly now"?

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Александр Москалев:

Engines are on, but the cabin is still dark and cold.

Ehm... Your Generators are "OFF"...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Crabby:

Must have missed the Generators On part of the tutorial, lol. 

He must have switched them Off.

In my CRJs the Generator Switches are always in Auto Position when a flight is loaded, i never touch them.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ha_Ma said:

He must have switched them Off.

In my CRJs the Generator Switches are always in Auto Position when a flight is loaded, i never touch them.

You are correct.  I load C&D and never turn the on.  So he missed the Don't Touch the Generator Switches part of the tutorial. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ha_Ma said:

Ehm... Your Generators are "OFF"...

Doesn't matter, several screens are powered with battery power only. EFB should also work as it has its own internal battery.

11 minutes ago, jimsom said:

Doesn't matter, several screens are powered with battery power only. EFB should also work as it has its own internal battery.

Sure, it matters.  Battery will run out without the generator or ground power recharging it.   Unless the proper steps are being followed and outlined by the user, there is no way to help.  Heck, this could be the product of an invalid install or bad livery.  

• Like 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

Some additional questions for the TO:

- CRJ directly from Aerosoft or MSFS marketplace?

- which language version of Windows?

40 minutes ago, Crabby said:

Sure, it matters.  Battery will run out without the generator or ground power recharging it.   Unless the proper steps are being followed and outlined by the user, there is no way to help.  Heck, this could be the product of an invalid install or bad livery.  

Sure, but starting a new flight means a fully charged battery. Let's assume he doesn't wait 30 minutes between flicking the battery master and looking at the dead screens...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimsom said:

Sure, but starting a new flight means a fully charged battery. Let's assume he doesn't wait 30 minutes between flicking the battery master and looking at the dead screens...

Well, go through and read posts here.  I no longer assume anything.  One could assume just about anything, for example, running through the tutorial line by line can take some time and discharge the batteries.  Something is amiss because I have never had to touch the generator switches and I start cold and dark every time.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 8/2/2022 at 2:06 PM, SimWare said:

Just two ideas :

- If you have any controls connected (joystick, yoke, quadrant, ...)

please disconnect them and try to start the aircraft with the mouse.

- Make sure the ASSISTANCE settings is on "TRUE TO LIFE"

Best regards.

Thank you for your reply!

I tried both and yet nothing changed. 

On 8/2/2022 at 6:52 PM, Dopster198 said:

Are you on XBox or PC? Have you got AI Assistance Settings turned off?  Can you confirm if this is a 'normal' flight : you picked the CRJ on the map screen, you picked a departure airport from the list (or clicking on the globe) and you pressed "Fly now"?

I'm on PC with my xbox game pass. All assistance settings are off and I confirm that this flight can be called completely normal (except the main problem ofc)

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK, I see 2 problems:

- your username is only 1 character and this character is a special character. things like that are known to cause problems in many case

- but more problematic is the fact that your Microsoft Visual C++ Libraries are totally outdated. This does not happen with a correct and updated Windows installation.

You may try to go to this site and download and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170

If this does not help, your Windows installation is definitely not as it should be.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...