Sent Honeycomb Yoke back...

Cho7

Recently purchased the Airfoillabs C172 NG Digital and then the Honeycomb Yoke and also had the throttle quadrant on order but cancelled and returned both..

Because the Honeycomb yoke does not work with the C172 NG  X-Plane in Big Sur.

I spent 3-weeks trying to endlessly configure manually and with various downloaded profiles but could get nothing to make this plane and controller work together.

There is no nose wheel steering, zero rudder control, and you have no brakes at all. Also none of the switches on the controller line up with the switches in the plane.

It was simply impossible to taxi or steer this plane on a runway. Even with the yoke correctly calibrated and turned to the maximum right the plane would still pull violently to the left as you can see in the video.

VIDEO LINK:

Honeycomb Yoke Fail

Despite emailing Airfoillabs almost a dozen times over the last 3 weeks I have not received any response from them whatsoever. 

Contacted Honeycomb support too.. the vibe I got from them? Complete indifference.

Oh well..Sometimes you just have to know when to give up. As you all know there are very few options for properly working flight controllers for Mac, so this was my first time experimenting with a yoke on a Mac in X-Plane in 25 years.. and probably my last.

Fortunately due to Amazon's great return policy I was able to send all my items back and recoup my £500.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Aerosoft
8 hours ago, Cho7 said:

There is no nose wheel steering, zero rudder control, and you have no brakes at all. Also none of the switches on the controller line up with the switches in the plane.

Dear Sir,

You also contacted us (Aerosoft) and got extensive support.
You were told it has nothing to do with the hardware itself (we performed several tests showing the 

devices were perfectly working.)

You were told that the C172 from AirfoilLabs needs a dedicated rudder axis assignment, such as rudder pedals of the twist movement of a joystick.
This impossibility to insure ground control or twist movement in the air, comes from the absence of dedicated rudder control.

Note that when both ailerons and rudder are artificially synchronized in simulators, there is no possibility to crab or slip your aircraft 

by crossing the controls, making side-wind landing difficult.

Should you change your mind, I can advise you a very simple and cost effective rudder : 
https://www.aerosoft.com/en/hardware/flight-simulation/pedals/1468/thrustmaster-t.flight-rudder-pedals?c=827
This will really enhance your flying experience.

Best regards.

• Upvote 2