Still flying the CRJ a lot and enjoying it. However, I find it a bit of a chore - in terms of throttle management - to keep it on the glide path. I try to maintain the correct speed while fully configured for landing. Sometimes I have to add a little more thrust if I start to dip below the glide slope, or pull back if I start rising above it. I read of a fix back in 2021. Which version of the plane had the fix? Do others experience this? Thanks. 

Are you sure that there is a fix needed? What you describe sounds perfectly normal, even if no wind is selected. If you fly with wind selected or even real weather you certainly need to manage the throttle constantly, even without massive gusts or turbulences. A strong headwind requires a higher thrust setting, ot increase speed but to reduce the sinkrate because it takes longer to get from the FAF to the runway (reduced GS) while even a light tailwind will require a reduced power setting.

• Upvote 3

A good rule of thumb is with two engines operating and coming down a glideslope with flaps 45, your N2 should fall between 79-83% N2, depending on weight. Don't use this as a crutch, but use it as a crossreference to see if you are chasing the ASI with larger than needed power application. Set it to 82% N2 on a calm wind day and see what happens

• Like 3