Alternate mouse mode for Baro and AP knobs

falcon55

It is well know that the CRJ ist a bit unique when it comes to it's mouse mode. The Baro button and the speed and heading knobs cannot be pressed in VR or when the right mouse button is unassigned (as is required for the PMDG 737 and Leonardo Maddog). Since Aerosoft has not changed anything in that regard by now, it can be assumed that this control scheme is intentional. Relying on user mods to fix the issue is not a solution, when those mods are not updated to latest version.

I do like what PMDG has done: They offer two different mouse control schemes, that you can easily switch yourself to suit your taste. I would like to suggest Aerosoft to do the same for the CRJ. This way, they can keep the current mode as default and allow VR users to switch to an alternate mode where the Baro and AP knobs can be pressed without using the right mouse button.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

However, what PMDG offers is about how to turn the knobs, not push the knob buttons.  Again, comparing what one developer does with one aircraft to another is a waste of time 99.9999% of the time. 

I do wish, if the control scheme ever gets looked at, that I could right click switches to flick them the other way.  You can just left click on toggle switches no problem, but a three position switch requires the mouse wheel; right clicking would be nice.