Changing STARS and Arrivals duplicates / mixes waypoints from both

Moridin

Hi,

So I've decided to test the CRJ again and it appears that a longstanding bug is still there:

I am currently flying to LOWW from EGLL...

EGLL/27R DCT DET L6 DVR UL9 KONAN UL607 KOK DCT LNO DCT MATUG DCT GUBAX DCT BOREP DCT ENITA DCT ETVIS DCT BUDEX DCT LOWW/34

... on VATSIM and the runway changed after setting up the approach. The arrival is BUDE1W and that hasn't changed but they switched landing runways from 34 to 16. Going into the DEP ARR page and changing the approach to ILS RWY 16 via NERDU did not replace the previously programmed ILS RWY 34 via NERDU but instead added the newer ILS 16 waypoints to the end of the flight plan, e.g. from...

NERDU WW987 WW985 WW983 WW981 ... FI34 RW34

... to ...

NERDU WW681 WW679 WW677 ...WW671 WW987 WW985 WW983 WW981 ... FI34 WW671 FI16 RW16

This is not exactly precise because I've already flown some of the waypoints so posting from memory, but I had to heavily edit the flight plan.

Obviously these kind of edits, which take me a minute or two to make sure they're correct, are not possible when doing a busy VATSIM event with a last minute runway change.

@Mathijs Kok do you by any chance know if this is going to be fixed and when we can expect it?

• Upvote 5

There's another topic on here somewhere that addresses this, but the workaround is to select the runway and hit Exec before the STAR.  You won't get duplicate waypoints that way.

If I find the topic I'll post it.

Edit: found it: 

workaround is in here in case I fumbled it above.

• Upvote 2

So essentially the duplicating of the waypoints ONLY happens when selecting your SID/STAR BEFORE you select your departure or arrival runway. If selecting the RWY first the flight plan loads with no issue for me. 

Thanks @Joe Markowski. I still hope this gets fixed.