Functioning VDGS

Brudgeon

• Aerosoft

Hi @Brudgeon,

as of now, EDDK (Cologne), ENVA (Trondheim), Paderborn (EDLP), EBBR (Brussels), LLBG (Ben Gurion), GCFV and GCLA support VDGS, if bought not in Marketplace.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased EBBR from Orbx and EDDK from Marketplace and EDDK VDGS does seem to work unless I'm missing something?  Was thinking of buying ENVA through Marketplace as well but only if VDGS works.  I'm on PC.  Great airports and love the vdgs!

• Developer

Hi, the latest VDGS driver update (1.3.0) added support for marketplace airports (on PC) and they should now be recognized. (If the airport has been updated on the marketplace to support the driver.)
Specifically for Trondheim version 1.1.0 is needed for VDGS support, currently the version on the marketplace is still 1.0.8. So until the marketplace folks has worked their way through the backlog you can't use the VDGS module with the marketplace version of Trondheim.

• Upvote 1

On 7/27/2022 at 9:13 AM, Jo Erlend said:

Hi, the latest VDGS driver update (1.3.0) added support for marketplace airports (on PC) and they should now be recognized. (If the airport has been updated on the marketplace to support the driver.)
Specifically for Trondheim version 1.1.0 is needed for VDGS support, currently the version on the marketplace is still 1.0.8. So until the marketplace folks has worked their way through the backlog you can't use the VDGS module with the marketplace version of Trondheim.

Hi Jo. Is there anywhere that we can see those patchnotes outside of Aerosoft One?

• Deputy Sheriffs

For scenery and aircraft add-ons you can see the version history on the Aerosoft procduct page. Not sure whether the marketplace gives any version history.

On 7/27/2022 at 9:13 AM, Jo Erlend said:

Hey Jo, will EDDK also need an update for VDGS to work on marketplace or are we good to go?

• Developer
On 7/28/2022 at 4:51 PM, fyzyk said:

Hey Jo, will EDDK also need an update for VDGS to work on marketplace or are we good to go?

Hi, the version of Cologne on the marketplace is the most current (1.0.8) so it supports the VDGS module and no further updates are needed.

3 hours ago, Hugo_J said:

You should ask to SimWings, as they are in charge of EDDH. Jo isn't ^^

Oh, I thought that was an Aerosoft airport. My bad. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TomAce said:

Oh, I thought that was an Aerosoft airport. My bad. 

No worries mate ! Aerosoft is only the publisher of this one :)

Cheers

• Like 1

On 8/2/2022 at 10:41 AM, Jo Erlend said:

Hi, the version of Cologne on the marketplace is the most current (1.0.8) so it supports the VDGS module and no further updates are needed.

Hey again, I bought it from marketplace and have installed Aerosoft VDGS driver V1.3.0.0 for MSFS and Aerosoft VDGS Model Library for MSFS V1.4.0.0 and when loading in EDDK and opening the VDGS menu via left shift + v no it says "NO ITEMS TO DISPLAY". Do you have a fix for that?

• Developer

Hi, can you generate a VDGS log file so we can see what's going on?

To generate the log file open aerosoft-vdgs-driver-log.ini found in the aerosoft-vdgs-driver folder in a text editor and set:

Verbose=1 

Then restart the sim and load a flight from Cologne where you open the VDGS menu.

attach the aerosoft-vdgs-driver-log.log that's now been created, also found in the aerosoft-vdgs-driver folder.

On 8/2/2022 at 7:24 PM, Hugo_J said:

You should ask to SimWings, as they are in charge of EDDH. Jo isn't ^^

Actually, my question still stands in this forum since Sim-Wings use Aerosoft forum as their official support channel. Will Sim-Wing airports support VDGS in a future update?

On 8/5/2022 at 3:40 PM, Jo Erlend said:

Hi, can you generate a VDGS log file so we can see what's going on?

To generate the log file open aerosoft-vdgs-driver-log.ini found in the aerosoft-vdgs-driver folder in a text editor and set:

Verbose=1 

Then restart the sim and load a flight from Cologne where you open the VDGS menu.

attach the aerosoft-vdgs-driver-log.log that's now been created, also found in the aerosoft-vdgs-driver folder.

Hey, here is a log. Hope it can help!

Thanks!

aerosoft-vdgs-driver-log.log

• Developer

Hi, the error you're getting in the log,: 'PACKAGE_NAME_UNVERIFIED' happens if the VDGS driver isn't able to verify that the scenery is installed.
Can you confirm that you have a folder named "aerosoft-airport-eddk-cologne-bonn" in either the Community or Official folder and that the name hasn't been changed?

12 hours ago, Jo Erlend said:

Hi, the error you're getting in the log,: 'PACKAGE_NAME_UNVERIFIED' happens if the VDGS driver isn't able to verify that the scenery is installed.
Can you confirm that you have a folder named "aerosoft-airport-eddk-cologne-bonn" in either the Community or Official folder and that the name hasn't been changed?

I can confirm that I have aerosoft-airport-eddk-cologne-bonn folder in my Official folder.

Actually fixed it myself, the Aerosoft drivers can't be installed with Addon Linker, they have to be directly in Community folder for them to work.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...