CRJ showed up as AI Aircraft

This may be a stupid question, but I have never seen the Aerosoft CRJ show up as a model in AI traffic. It's the exact same plane, with same callsign. I am running Aerosoft Simple Traffic. I also did not change any of my traffic settings, but upon arrival at KBOS, there seemed to be a large number of MS AI aircraft - the ones with the round, not pointy noses). I think it adversely affected my performance as well.  What am I missing here? Thanks.

Please login to display this image.

Has nothing to do with flying online.   I never fly multi-player and I often see the CRJ show up at the terminal as a static jet (I also have Simple Traffic).   Other times, the system uses that horrid "Citation" as a stand-in for the CRJ.   Have no idea how the system selects the Aerosoft model one time and not the other, sure wish I could find a way in the settings to set it 100% to use the Aerosoft one.   

It depends on the settings in the aircraft.cfg, which is overrideable by livery - I have quite often had them show up when I used default static traffic ( since I started using AIG I've turned that off ). I've been deliberately trying to get the live AI traffic to use a 700 for an E145, with rather less luck so far.

It was a traffic setting. Not at my computer now, but I think it was "use generic models" or similar. I'll post the setting when I go back down to my machine. I did do a test - figuring that having the crj as AI would adversely affect my fps. It didn't actually and I had a good dozen of the Aerosoft CRJ as AI planes, in different liveries. I wonder if the devs could tell us if the CRJ is used as an AI plane if it has to render the entire model, cockpit, systems etc.  I like the look and feel, as the Citation, as metioned by Jay Jay does look pretty bad parked at the gates. 

• Like 1