cheyenne haywire swithes and mixture levers

joeblow

hey guys, had to re-install the cheyenne the other day and now i'm getting switches that go crazy and also the mixture levers.i had this problem ages ago but can't remember how i fixed it,and yes i have the service packs installed.

The mixtures are not truly mixture levers. Instead they are a two-stage system as shown in the aircraft's manual -- on and off.

However, you are right about the switches, they are programmed in a poor manner that causes them to react unpredictably to mouse commands. This is a known problem that was never fixed in the patches Digital Aviation offered.

I consider the switch issue and the very poorly lit VC panel in daylight to be the two remaining issues with this aircraft but having discussed this on their forums I strongly get the impression Digital Aviation is finished with this aircraft and these issues are not going to be fixed.

Ken

well for starters this is not the way i would like to load the aircraft. i did so but when i saved and re-loaded it the switches did the same thing. like i said someone ages a go told me how to fix it but i'm lost as to how. i think an un-install will be next and putting the thing on e-bay and letting it be someone elses problem! would be nice if someone actually knew what to to but as we all know flight simmers are often 'stooged'. take 737 pic, was told by many reviews this was an excellent package.....i learned the hard way it was absolute rubbish! same deal with this aircraft...many reviews said it was good....got more bugs than a dog with fleas....not to mention the downloading of the patches which honestly haven't done much. sorry to sound a bit harsh but i must speak my mind.

I consider the switch issue and the very poorly lit VC panel in daylight to be the two remaining issues with this aircraft but having discussed this on their forums I strongly get the impression Digital Aviation is finished with this aircraft and these issues are not going to be fixed.

I consider the poor implementation of the Trimble (Random CTDs worst, incorrect implementation of wind speed/direction and fuel consumption just irritants) a major remaining issue with the FSX Cheyenne!

There have been several acknowledgments of the issues and promises of fixes made in the DA forums, but nothing like a schedule or firm commitment. I share the impression that DA does not want to use any more time on this.

This is the first product that I've bought from Aerosoft that I'm not satisfied with. But I've definitely learned not to buy a relatively expensive addon aircraft early after release - not even from Aerosoft :angry:

Tom

PS: I'm sorry that my first post on your new-and-improved support forum is a complaint, but the current state of the FSX Cheyenne sucks bigtime.

• Developer

Let me try to answer some remarks while Hans is working on improving the Trimble. :)

The switch problem described is, as per our knowledge, linked to load the aircraft or a situation with the VCP as state. Either load from a default plane in 2D or store a Cheyenne situation with 2D panel view. I have multiple situations stored in FS9 and FSX and don't have a problem. When you simulate the real electrical bus system in a plane, you need to do this outside of FS. Unfortunately FS properly reads all external gauge code only when loading an aircraft in 2D panel state.

The CL only having 2 positions (or 3 for the XL) has been discussed at multiple forum threads. This is what it is and we keep the real behaviour. Again it has an impact on some SDK procedures (key assignments) but that is the balance you need to do. We opted for the real behaviour.

The VC lightning is a feedback from a few and might be related to specific monitor setting or personal taste. We believe the Cheyenne has one of the best illuminations with a variety like in real but still within the limitations of FS9 or FSX panel illumination from outside. Nothing we can do about unless changing all bitmaps. We will not do this for a percent or less users.

The CTD from the Trimble is a point which I fully accept as a valid point for improvement. Believe me they are anoying to me as a frequent flyer on my preferred plane and I push back on Hans with every situation I find. Believe me, Hans is working very hard to get it better, but if it would be a simple thing to do , believe us we would have done it before. It just takes time to locate the error, change the code and test it again over and over again to make sure it does not break a function somewere else. Just image the many logical steps and the data processed in such a device which has 243 pages as operation manual.

So contraversy to some statements, we keep on ironing out those known and clearly identified areas that concern customers.

well for starters this is not the way i would like to load the aircraft. i did so but when i saved and re-loaded it the switches did the same thing. like i said someone ages a go told me how to fix it but i'm lost as to how. i think an un-install will be next and putting the thing on e-bay and letting it be someone elses problem! would be nice if someone actually knew what to to but as we all know flight simmers are often 'stooged'. take 737 pic, was told by many reviews this was an excellent package.....i learned the hard way it was absolute rubbish! same deal with this aircraft...many reviews said it was good....got more bugs than a dog with fleas....not to mention the downloading of the patches which honestly haven't done much. sorry to sound a bit harsh but i must speak my mind.

I totally agree with all of what you say, I have never had problems with payware aircraft that has this switch flicking on and off problem in FS9. Someome has said load whilst in the 2D cockpit, well this does not work either as I always save this way, and the loading of the default 172, well then the Cheyenne loads with a full tanks when switching back to it, not much good if you save in the middle of a flight.

I have taken it off as I am fedup with all the frustration. I was going to buy their dornier, but not now as there is lack of support as this has been mentioned many times.

Anthony

Well, if I might add a little more fuel to the fire....

I've tried in vain to get the sounds to play at all. I've reinstalled after a full removal including folders, etc., reset the FSXcfg (but I'dont get any call for approving a gauge....SHOULD I?), and other things.

To make it even stranger, all of the sound files play just fine in Windows Media Player until, that is, I have the plane loaded in FSX. Then not one of them will play (I'm guessing because I didn't try ALL of them, just 10 or so). I even tried to play sound files that I felt pretty confident were not at all being used at the time. As soon as I unloaded the plane, the sound files would once again play.

My system is a Windows XP install with SP-1 and FSX Accel Pack, RealMax surround sound card at 5.1 using SoundMax software. And, btw, it's the ONLY aircraft in the entire hangar I have problems with as far as the sound playing goes.

I'd really appreciate some help with this or I'm going to ferry the plane to Davis-Mothan AFB.

TIA...

That is so weird that some of us have problems and some do not. I use the cheyenne most of the time with the throttle linked to my saitek quandrant and it is one of the best working planes I use. I dont have any of the problems you guys complain about. I dont use the trimble GPS and I am trying to install the simflyers GPS to it. I use FSX with SP1 and Accel X. and windows XP. I fly FSX with A LG 26 inch widescreen and 8800 GTX card.

Jim

• 2 months later...

i have the same problem and also with the startup.

it goes crazy...

during startup it gains full rpms and accelerates foreward uncontrolably!

any fixes for that?

i have the same problem and also with the startup.

it goes crazy...

during startup it gains full rpms and accelerates foreward uncontrolably!

any fixes for that?

maybe it helps to fully retard the propeller lever before starting the engine, as well as the power levers. The propellers are feathered then and there should be nearly no noise from the engine, and none or just little drag on the airplane. If that doesn't help, maybe it would be a good idea to check your default flight - what are the settings there: which airplane, settings for propeller, mixture and throttle?

Regarding the uncontrolled movement of levers, I remember having seen this with FSX SP2 and an alphasim plane. Upgrading my Nvidia graphics drivers to the current version (175.16) and activating the vsync in the driver settings fixed it.

Just an idea, maybe it helps.

Regards,

Juergen