Next Update

jay jay

3 hours ago, jay jay said:

How strange - I took my first flight in a couple of months this weekend.    When I eased the stick back to flair, the nose suddenly was pointing towards the sky.   Very sensitive in pitch.    I thought I had messed up some setting on my joystick.    Interesting to see if this is sim related or not...

Are you using FSrealistic?  If so, make sure Low-Level Turbulence is turned off.  It screws with controlling any aircraft below 10K. 

• Upvote 5

20 hours ago, Crabby said:

Are you using FSrealistic?  If so, make sure Low-Level Turbulence is turned off.  It screws with controlling any aircraft below 10K. 

No sir.  Only mods beside addon A/C and airports are FSLT and Pushback Pro.   I'll go in and tweak my joystick settings to try to dampen the pitch sensitivity. 

I haven't, yet, but it might be worth checking if a SU has messed with the aircraft's CG. There are a couple of others that look like they've been somewhat affected. I've had a couple of 900 flights now & checked everything was showing in limits on the EFB ( and obviously hammered the button to set the a/c up ) but that doesn't mean there's no base-level problem. I had a, er, firm touchdown the first time after I overcorrected, and the second time it just floated because a gentle flare turned into a bit more than expected, so when I have time I'm going to have to do a bunch of touch & goes & see what's going on. There's a whole load of aircraft that've got pitch happy over time ( like the JF Pipers ) but I'd have thought if the source issue was from the same updates we'd have noticed before now. I'm not even really moving my stick at this point, just applying a gentle squeeze - it feels like trying to control a really light helicopter.

And for the record, no FSRealistic, just live weather.

• Upvote 1

This is one of my quirks on the CRJ. The ground and air handling are very twitchy. The CRJ should have some "heft" in its controls. It certainly feels like it weighs 85,000lbs IRL but the sim version flies like a 172.

Also, its still sticking to the runway. Full aft yoke at Vr and trim run back to 8.5 and the nose will not break ground until almost V2 + 20. You should be able to rotate with simply pulling back with a few fingers a couple of inches, you shouldnt even have to bend your wrist.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Raptor05121 said:

This is one of my quirks on the CRJ. The ground and air handling are very twitchy. The CRJ should have some "heft" in its controls. It certainly feels like it weighs 85,000lbs IRL but the sim version flies like a 172.

Also, its still sticking to the runway. Full aft yoke at Vr and trim run back to 8.5 and the nose will not break ground until almost V2 + 20. You should be able to rotate with simply pulling back with a few fingers a couple of inches, you shouldnt even have to bend your wrist.

Full aft yoke seems like you got a very strange curve. Most certainly not a standard one.  Just reset it to default and I am sure that problem is solved.

It's been another month since my last query.   Just wondering if Aerosoft now has some news on the status of the long-promised next update?

How's it looking folks?

• 1 month later...

It's been a month since my last query.   Just wondering if Aerosoft has an update on the status of the next update?

Regards,

John

• Upvote 1

I don't represent Aerosoft, but judging by the MSFS Dev Update schedule, it looks like the ATR will probably come out in April or May.

We already established that Hans is working on the ATR, which is the reason why he can't update the CRJ. By that logic, if he's going to be available to address the CRJ in May, assuming a two month turnaround for software fixes (not evolution), I'm expecting that we won't get a CRJ update until late July.

• Upvote 3

• Deputy Sheriffs

To preclude repeat questions on when the update will be out (and abusive comments as recently posted and which earned the poster a ban), it's best this thread is locked temporarily until something definitive can be shared. Mathijs' last comment and amahran's portray the current status.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Herman locked this topic