Next Update

jay jay

9 hours ago, amahran said:

You're way off-topic right now, and the asshole attitude isn’t necessarily welcome by most people, as much as I hate calling people out directly on public forums.

I’m not sure what your end-goal is here by trying to criticize existing Aerosoft customers who hold Aerosoft to the same standard that they hold Justflight, SWS, PMDG, etc. to. Sure the CRJ was a novelty to MSFS when it first came out, and it was riddled with issues when it first came out (and Sim Updates have further exacerbated the issue), but now that there are other airliners on the market, all of which have had their cycle of bugs and improvements and continuous Quality-Of-Life features being added throughout the course of their development cycles, the CRJ seems to be less and less appealing. Not because it’s boring, but because it’s the same bugs every time and not much of an improvement overall to the product other than the bare minimum “catch up”. So yes, consumers can feel justified in feeling that they enjoyed the CRJ when it first came out and it has lost its appeal since then. And those same people are touting the threat of “I’m only buying your upcoming A330 if you can prove you can support your existing CRJ and Twin Otter product lines”

I’m not sure why you in particular (yes, you, @Crabby) spend your free time defending Aerosoft, but it seems like the strangest relationship for a customer to be a die-hard defendant of their supplier, rather than trying to hold their supplier accountable for the product they deliver. I’d almost think you were an Aerosoft shareholder, considering how much effort you put into bemoaning customers and giving them justification to not give you anything better than what you have.

Again, if you "used to love the CRJ" and the CRJ has not changed what has changed with regards to your love for the CRJ?  Is it the fact that there are shiny new airplanes available and you like them better?  That's ok.  Frankly, I like the 737 and Fenix A320 better than the CRJ.  Mainly because of the type of flying I do.   It is you guys that are way off topic.  Saying things like "I am not going to buy your A330 until you prove you can support the CRJ" is just shy of childish.  Number one, it is an empty threat that will not move the AS needle one tick.  They have things to do a way of doing it that neither you nor I will change.  What seems strange to you is actually just me being grounded in reality.  I will not get an update for the CRJ until the update is released.  AS and many other publishers have learned the hard lesson of NOT providing even the smallest hint of when something will be released.  For example, over at PMDG, RR made the statement "I think we can show a preview of the EFB around mid-October-ish" and now folks are pissed because they did not "release in September as promised".   We would get a lot more information if people were not so childish as to hold their breath on every word that is put out.  Another example, weather radar.  The day SU10 came out, every child was expecting a weather radar to show up in an update.  

Frankly, the forums are a comic relief for me.  Most of the time it's like watching a show that would be titled Cheech and Chong and the Three Stooges Go Flight Simming. 

• Upvote 4

• Aerosoft
9 minutes ago, Crabby said:

For example, over at PMDG, RR made the statement "I think we can show a preview of the EFB around mid-October-ish" and now folks are pissed because they did not "release in September as promised". 

As our EFB was included from the start in the CRJ over year ago? 

Mind if I be honest? After you release a product you have to deal with updates (service packs, quick fixes, what ever you call them). These are commercially of no interest because the vast majority of users will not notice the bugs and they do not affect sales a lot. Sure there are forum topics, YT vids (though I rarely see any that mentions the issues), reviews but these simply do not affect sales. They matter for our own customers, as they spend time reading before buying, but on the Marketplace or on our 14 external shops, not so much. 

Yet updating our products is important to us.

Aerosoft does a lot of updates.  In total our Airbus's had 114 updates, the CRJ's 23, the Twin Otter 19. Some big with new features, some small with only a small fix here and there. But the idea that we do not update products is simply incorrect.  The fact is that sometimes we are unable to update (for example because the team is working on something else, because we do not know how to sort something out or because we are waiting for a sim update). And we are not always able or allowed to explain why we do not update. It could be we know about a change in the sim or a major new version of the product that will come and that makes a change in the product right now a bad decision. And we would not be able to share that.

So, there is often logic behind the chaos.  Aerosoft is a pretty big company. I might make decisions on updates, but when I mess up, there is somebody who looks at spreadsheets and reminds me that we need to make money to do updates and to release new products. There is a marketing department that tells me they need info on updates a few weeks before release. The sales department needs me to get them info so they can talk to the our sister stores and Microsoft Marketplace. There is a support department that needs to be trained on the product. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As our EFB was included from the start in the CRJ over year ago? 

Mind if I be honest? After you release a product you have to deal with updates (service packs, quick fixes, what ever you call them). These are commercially of no interest because the vast majority of users will not notice the bugs and they do not affect sales a lot. Sure there are forum topics, YT vids (though I rarely see any that mentions the issues), reviews but these simply do not affect sales. They matter for our own customers, as they spend time reading before buying, but on the Marketplace or on our 14 external shops, not so much. 

Yet updating our products is important to us.

Aerosoft does a lot of updates.  In total our Airbus's had 114 updates, the CRJ's 23, the Twin Otter 19. Some big with new features, some small with only a small fix here and there. But the idea that we do not update products is simply incorrect.  The fact is that sometimes we are unable to update (for example because the team is working on something else, because we do not know how to sort something out or because we are waiting for a sim update). And we are not always able or allowed to explain why we do not update. It could be we know about a change in the sim or a major new version of the product that will come and that makes a change in the product right now a bad decision. And we would not be able to share that.

So, there is often logic behind the chaos.  Aerosoft is a pretty big company. I might make decisions on updates, but when I mess up, there is somebody who looks at spreadsheets and reminds me that we need to make money to do updates and to release new products. There is a marketing department that tells me they need info on updates a few weeks before release. The sales department needs me to get them info so they can talk to the our sister stores and Microsoft Marketplace. There is a support department that needs to be trained on the product. 

This is the kind of professional response that customers want to hear. Thank you Matthijs. It’s frustrating being given snarky one-line answers, so I appreciate the thought you put into this post. 

It’s consideration and signs of customer mindedness that we want to observe, not “shut the hell up” that I often unfortunately being touted on this forum. One spurs conversation and understanding, and the other is simply confrontational and serves to do nothing but sour an already-toxic community where everyone is attacking everyone else.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

We have a rather 'laissez faire' attitude when it comes to forum moderation. It invites discussion, it invites comments that we need to make our products better. And yes sometimes that leads to comments that are not very productive.

But we feel our readers are not moronic tweeps (had to google that!), but have some intelligence and a sense of humor. They can take a comment without feeling the need to start a flame war. If anybody feels offended, please simply let me (or any moderator) know. You can always reach me at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Happy Friday Lads!  Another month has passed since my last inquiry, so I figured I'd reach out to the Aerosoft crew.   

What's the latest on the next update?   

• Upvote 1

On 10/21/2022 at 9:40 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

If there is news to report, you will find it here.

As expected.    Thanks for the update Mathijs.   I'll check back in another month for the latest.  With all the time it's taking for the next update, I'm optimistic that it's going to be fantastic! 

• Upvote 5

• 3 weeks later...

Yet another month and still no update. Crazy but tired to discuss all over it again. The customers talked. Try to change your mind and release updates. Now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

After the way things have gone with the CRJ and Twotter release, i will certainly be waiting on reports from fellow sim pilots before even consideringf the A330

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 11/10/2022 at 12:11 PM, Car147 said:

After the way things have gone with the CRJ and Twotter release, i will certainly be waiting on reports from fellow sim pilots before even consideringf the A330

"Build the next thing so we can $ell it, and do the bare minimum to placate users who bought the last thing"

• Upvote 2

SU11 dropped, working pretty good.

We have got a gorgeus working A310, for free. Still excellent support and responsivness.

Still no news for any CRJs Update.

Guys, we are getting our legs pulled, BIG TIME ...

• Thanks 3

On 11/14/2022 at 10:58 AM, JetNoise said:

SU11 dropped, working pretty good.

We have got a gorgeus working A310, for free. Still excellent support and responsivness.

Still no news for any CRJs Update.

Guys, we are getting our legs pulled, BIG TIME ...

Most definitely got my leg pulled today.   We were decommissioning a communication tower site and I was setting up a Go Pro camera to get footage.  I jumped out of the back of a lifted Ram pickup and found out that is not smart when your brain is 16 but your body is 56.  Needless to say, I got my leg pulled as well as twisted.   However, ever the Marine, I just had to suck it up and continue with the mission not letting any temporary setback create permanent problems.  I then went back and flew the CRJ with no issues that detract from flying it.  Strange how perspective in life soothes the soul and shows us what really matters.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Crabby said:

Most definitely got my leg pulled today.   We were decommissioning a communication tower site and I was setting up a Go Pro camera to get footage.  I jumped out of the back of a lifted Ram pickup and found out that is not smart when your brain is 16 but your body is 56.  Needless to say, I got my leg pulled as well as twisted.   However, ever the Marine, I just had to suck it up and continue with the mission not letting any temporary setback create permanent problems.  I then went back and flew the CRJ with no issues that detract from flying it.  Strange how perspective in life soothes the soul and shows us what really matters.   

Deep thoughts, especially for a Jar Head, LOL  (I'm an ex-army grunt).   Hope the leg feels better bud.  

14 hours ago, jay jay said:

Deep thoughts, especially for a Jar Head, LOL  (I'm an ex-army grunt).   Hope the leg feels better bud.  

LOL.  Good ribbing between the services.  Gotta love it.  When my oldest joined the Army I had a T-shirt made for him that read:

A-int

R-eady

to be a

M-arine

Y-et

My youngest is a Staff Sgt in the Air Force.  Running joke is my kids got progressively smarter than their old man.  

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Another month (plus) has passed.   Just reaching out to the Aerosoft team in hopes of getting an update on the next update.     How's it going folks?    Would love to hear what you've been working on and the progress being made towards releasing. 

• Upvote 1

Could we also add the FADEC anti-ice logic with the start-up fix? Selecting cowls should increase idle N2 a couple of percent and turning on wings will change the EICAS N2 display to white below 75% N2 to remind pilots to keep the power up for proper bleed. Cheers

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/11/2022 at 10:54 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

I'll see if I can get a comment on this. However the people involved are all on heavy deadlines for other projects though.

Hello Mathijs,

It's been close to a month since you stated the above.    Are those people still so busy on the other projects that they can't provide an update on where things are at with the CRJ?     Please advise on where things stand.

Thank you.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
vor 8 Stunden schrieb Mathijs Kok:

Correct and after that the CRJ will get some love.

Apparently Hans is working exclusively on the ATR but the questions is whether the ATR will be part of the upcoming AAU1 as a surprise or only as AAU2, means at least 2 more months and thus 3 more months for the CRJ. Apparently you, Mathtijs, cannot comment on that, correct?

Flew the -900 today for the first time in quite a while - had no problems following the route ( not a particularily difficult route, mind you ), but... was it always this twitchy? on final I had the pitch response of a fighter at 140kts, it was a bit disconcerting. And for some reason nobody wanted to connect a jetway, which is new.

Lot of swaying around at FL360, but that's SU11 for you.

• Upvote 1

How strange - I took my first flight in a couple of months this weekend.    When I eased the stick back to flair, the nose suddenly was pointing towards the sky.   Very sensitive in pitch.    I thought I had messed up some setting on my joystick.    Interesting to see if this is sim related or not...

• Herman locked this topic