Next Update

jay jay

• Aerosoft
On 8/31/2022 at 3:18 PM, Dopster198 said:

Debatable, at this point.

Let’s just say I don’t believe that plane is taking up very much of his time at the moment …

And you would be mistaken.  I think easily 20% of my hours in August where on that project, discussing things like the new sounds, fixes, Xbox and MSFS Cloud release. And I am just the manager, not a developer. 

• Thanks 2

On 8/29/2022 at 12:14 AM, Joe Markowski said:

It's no secret Aerosoft is working on a new Airbus, however I'm more inclined to believe that updates aren't flying out like hotcakes is because Hans is, last I checked, one man, and he has this, the Twin Otter, and the upcoming Asobo ATR (I think) on his plate.

The A330 and Twin Otter is 100% Aerosoft,

The CRJ is not 100% Aerosoft product, co production with DigitalAviation, and ATR is not Aerosoft Product, is Asobo + DigitalAviation

• Aerosoft

CRJ is a 100% Aerosoft product from a commercial point of view, we are the publisher. Hans is a very good friend of Aerosoft ( and of mine) and you will find his input in all our internal aircraft products. For example he did all the coding on the Twotter.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Tbo said:

They get more money releasing new products than updating previous ones. It's a fact, and it's all about money. We all know that. 

Of course, it is about money.  So what?  When did that become a problem?  Every business is in business for one simple thing, to increase shareholder wealth.  It does not matter if you are a single proprietor plumber, a partner at a law firm, a doctor running an office, the owner of stocks in Microsoft or for that matter if you are like most people who are employed.  Employees actually are little micro businesses that trade their time to companies and provide production or services.   I would get pissed and dump a stock in a heartbeat if I found out they were doing anything else but making money and increasing my wealth.  It's called capitalism and even the Chinese have embraced it.  

Now, what you call a fact is not in fact a fact, factually speaking.   They make more money by selling something to you and then having you come back and buy something else.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/6/2022 at 11:53 AM, Raptor05121 said:

I really hope the engines get an overhaul with the next update. They seriously need a looking at.

What are the issues with the engines?

18 hours ago, Crabby said:

Of course, it is about money.  So what?  When did that become a problem?  Every business is in business for one simple thing, to increase shareholder wealth.  It does not matter if you are a single proprietor plumber, a partner at a law firm, a doctor running an office, the owner of stocks in Microsoft or for that matter if you are like most people who are employed.  Employees actually are little micro businesses that trade their time to companies and provide production or services.   I would get pissed and dump a stock in a heartbeat if I found out they were doing anything else but making money and increasing my wealth.  It's called capitalism and even the Chinese have embraced it.  

Now, what you call a fact is not in fact a fact, factually speaking.   They make more money by selling something to you and then having you come back and buy something else.  

It’s more complicated than “selling new things makes money, updating things doesn’t.” Reputation makes a difference, and that’s where updates do come in. 

Practically speaking, an aircraft manufacturer is responsible for a Type Design, and an objective that they have is maintainability, retrofitability, upgradability, and obsolescence management. These things generate less value for the organization than telling customers that their best bet is to buy a whole new aircraft or stop using a certain convenience feature. This is what the board would see as the easy way to make more money in the long run: why spend NREs supporting existing customers for little return on investment and overcomplicate the initial design for modularity…

…until you realize that obsolescence management matters significantly to operators; they will generally avoid buying aircraft that have no room for improvement, upgrades, updates, or otherwise have a reliable spares program. 

Same goes for cars; you will likely avoid buying a car from a manufacturer with notoriously bad aftermarket service or maintainability.

Granted, Aerosoft would be providing quality-of-life updates for free, rather than with a profit margin, but the same applies here; consumers are more likely to purchase from developers with a history of continuing the maturity of their product than ones that provide products with quality of life issues and do not seek to address them. In other words, providing updates for free incentive customers to buy future products from the same developer.

But hey, what do I know, I’m just a lowly consumer. I see it, I buy it, I fly it.

This has probably strayed into territory well off-topic so I’ll end it here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, amahran said:

It’s more complicated than “selling new things makes money, updating things doesn’t.” Reputation makes a difference, and that’s where updates do come in. 

Practically speaking, an aircraft manufacturer is responsible for a Type Design, and an objective that they have is maintainability, retrofitability, upgradability, and obsolescence management. These things generate less value for the organization than telling customers that their best bet is to buy a whole new aircraft or stop using a certain convenience feature. This is what the board would see as the easy way to make more money in the long run: why spend NREs supporting existing customers for little return on investment and overcomplicate the initial design for modularity…

…until you realize that obsolescence management matters significantly to operators; they will generally avoid buying aircraft that have no room for improvement, upgrades, updates, or otherwise have a reliable spares program. 

Same goes for cars; you will likely avoid buying a car from a manufacturer with notoriously bad aftermarket service or maintainability.

Granted, Aerosoft would be providing quality-of-life updates for free, rather than with a profit margin, but the same applies here; consumers are more likely to purchase from developers with a history of continuing the maturity of their product than ones that provide products with quality of life issues and do not seek to address them. In other words, providing updates for free incentive customers to buy future products from the same developer.

But hey, what do I know, I’m just a lowly consumer. I see it, I buy it, I fly it.

This has probably strayed into territory well off-topic so I’ll end it here.

Well I can tell you as a day one client of AS that none of what you say was, is, or will be an issue.  That is the only the perception of the new crowd of flight simmers.  Most lack the experience of what simulators were and are and becoming.  They think they can snap their fingers and scream immersion this or immersion that and crap happens like magic in real time.  It's a new platform, it is still a new aircraft and the complexity of both are extreme.  Remember, AS beat PMDG and everyone else to the airliner game in MSFS (Capt Sim don't count because slapping a coat of chocolate on a turd is just a chocolate covered turd).   On top of all of that folks try and tell AS how to run their business.  It is childish, without merit and frankly moronic.  All the while these people scream about economic doomsday, the CRJ is still selling hour after hour.  The idle threats and uneducated economic lessons notwithstanding.  If any of these folks think they can do better, the market is awaiting. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

On 9/10/2022 at 10:59 AM, jay jay said:

What are the issues with the engines?

I've posted in other threads about this.

Starter spin is too slow. Dead stop to 20 N2 should take about 5 seconds. The sim takes about twice as long.
ITT logic is off- no lightoff when going from cutout to idle on the thrust levers even though N2 shows combustion
Fuel flow logic is off- it doesnt correlate to the same as the ITT. Goes straight from 0pph to 440pph when it should be a gradual increase
Thrust is abysmally poor- in the sim you need about 50% thrust to taxi when a real CRJ can taxi at idle thrust and will slowly accelerate to the point of needing reversers or brakes to stop it from going too fast.
Spool up time from 75% N2 to takeoff power is too slow. Takes 6-10 seconds to reach takeoff thrust. IRL it takes >2 seconds.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

4 hours ago, mopperle said:

Are you a real Twotter pilot, or where are you taking those numbers from? And comparing a CRJ with a Twotter, well......

Where’d the Twotter come from?

vor 5 Stunden schrieb mopperle:

Are you a real Twotter pilot, or where are you taking those numbers from? And comparing a CRJ with a Twotter, well......

Where do you read Twotter?

@Raptor05121is writing about the CRJ all the time...

• Aerosoft
On 9/12/2022 at 3:54 PM, Raptor05121 said:

I've posted in other threads about this.

Starter spin is too slow. Dead stop to 20 N2 should take about 5 seconds. The sim takes about twice as long.
ITT logic is off- no lightoff when going from cutout to idle on the thrust levers even though N2 shows combustion
Fuel flow logic is off- it doesnt correlate to the same as the ITT. Goes straight from 0pph to 440pph when it should be a gradual increase
Thrust is abysmally poor- in the sim you need about 50% thrust to taxi when a real CRJ can taxi at idle thrust and will slowly accelerate to the point of needing reversers or brakes to stop it from going too fast.
Spool up time from 75% N2 to takeoff power is too slow. Takes 6-10 seconds to reach takeoff thrust. IRL it takes >2 seconds.

And if you are able to get all of that right inside MSFS we would gladly hire you to do these modifications. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/15/2022 at 3:44 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

And if you are able to get all of that right inside MSFS we would gladly hire you to do these modifications. 

Maybe instead of cheeky comments to your customers, you spend just a bit more time focused on fixing the multiple issues still present in your product(s).   So, another week has gone by and I'll ask yet again - do you have any progress to report on the next update for the CRJ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

On 9/15/2022 at 3:44 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

I'm just a paying customer trying to help you make an amazing product even better. I'm not here for the entertainment value or quick witted comments on the forums. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

6 hours ago, CRJay said:

Maybe now that SU10 has implemented access to terrain and weather API for WASM, we can get an update implementing WX radar... ?

No weather radar, unless all you want is a 2D resource hogging bitmap with a top down view and no regards to altitude.  

• Upvote 2

On 9/10/2022 at 7:30 AM, Crabby said:

You are correct, BUT if you want the customers to come back next time for your next product you also need to show a good product with good updates. If that is not happening your business will be out of work and someone else will fill that gap pretty fast.

I used to love the CRJ. Now there is plenty of good airliners out there. And if Aerosoft want to keep me as a customer for the next aircraft they release, then they have to show they can keep their products up to date.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

13 hours ago, TomAce said:

You are correct, BUT if you want the customers to come back next time for your next product you also need to show a good product with good updates. If that is not happening your business will be out of work and someone else will fill that gap pretty fast.

I used to love the CRJ. Now there is plenty of good airliners out there. And if Aerosoft want to keep me as a customer for the next aircraft they release, then they have to show they can keep their products up to date.

Well, if you used to love the CRJ and the CRJ has not changed, why don't you love the CRJ anymore?  This is the kind of non-sensical crap that takes all the wind out of all the individual "If X wants to keep ME as a customer, then..." statements.  Honestly, you will be happier when you realize that NO COMPANY wants you, as an individual, as a customer, they just want customers.  If you are a customer, then good, if not, no one loses any sleep over it.  Last time I had a customer say something like "if you want me as a customer..." they ended up not being my customer anymore.  Funny thing is I have sold HUNDREDs of THOUSANDS of dollars of goods and services to that non-customer since, flown in their private jet, fished in their boats, gone to their family events and drank their beer.  They still think I am an asshole, and I am, but they prefer my results to my don't give a crap attitude. 

Again, I am sure that more CRJs are sold every hour than there are threats of not buying the next release.  

• Upvote 2

Very well put Amahran.    Unfortunately, in the time I've been on this forum, I've seen the toxicity spread from that guy to many of the Aerosoft reps on this forum.  Cheap shots when customer ask about updates, slagging their competitors to deflect questions about issues with their product, etc, etc.   

Pretty sad but hey, on the bright side - Another week has gone by, so I assume we are that much closer to getting the next update. 

Mathias - what do you have for news on this? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

• Herman locked this topic