Update process...

Querer

Seriously, I simply can not get around the borked update "logic" of AS, since years... and again it drives me crazy, I was some weeks off my sim, and another update of the CRJ requests a FULL re-installation of the bird, although the changelog (for 1.0.18) contains just two (!) items? Really? Even worse, for whatever reason the CRJ Bundle I bought over at simmarket is still not ready to be transferred to Aerosoft One? Why? Now I can go again uninstalling the bundle, download the full installer and re-installing it, resulting in another endless waiting for the next flights due to the fact that it has to be recompiled again by MSFS.

Could this not be finally improved? This AS plane is the last of the old school addons I have still needing a full re-install for almost each and every update...

/rant over.

• Aerosoft

The CRJ was released before we started using One and you obviously have one of those pre-One versions. If you buy it now it will done fully via One. So this affects a limited number of customers.  Changing is not something we can do fully from our side and technically it is NOT easy though, privacy laws make it hard to move data like this, so you would have to activate the serial manually etc and we would have to create a new database with your customer information and generated serial. Again running head first into privacy laws as we would have to ask you permission by email (and how would we know your email if you bought at simMarket, who is not allowed to give that data to us).  German laws on this are far more strict then for example in the UK. 

You can try this though: https://helpdesk.aerosoft.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4574798686109-Can-I-use-activate-an-add-on-from-another-store-on-Aerosoft-One- Not sure if it works though.

It only affects a limited amount of customers and as said is not affecting any customer that bought since Aerosoft One was launched.

• Upvote 1

Well, I am not totally surprised by this answer. First you give some cryptic explanation why it is difficult to almost impossible to transfer the simmarket licence and then you provide a link that tells me that exactly such a transfer might work, but not for every product... why does it work for some products and not for all? I already did transfer one product from simmarket to AS One, I simply do not get why there were no privacy issues, no need for a new database with customer information etc. for this product then...

What about me giving Aerosoft all relevant information that I am actually owning a copy of the bundle and then providing me a serial number that works in AS One? Might be a thing, no?

Dude.  Sim Market is the distributor.  They "buy" product from AS at a discount and resell it to you at some price markup X.  You are asking to return a bottle of Bud Light you bought at Walmart directly to Embev.  That is not how life happens.  Choices, like buying AS products from other than AS stores are wonderful.  However, like all choices they have consequences YOU have to bear.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Crabby said:

Dude.  Sim Market is the distributor.  They "buy" product from AS at a discount and resell it to you at some price markup X.  You are asking to return a bottle of Bud Light you bought at Walmart directly to Embev.  That is not how life happens.  Choices, like buying AS products from other than AS stores are wonderful.  However, like all choices they have consequences YOU have to bear.  

"Dude", you are aware that it is also a CHOICE by AS to sell their products via simmarket? If they CHOSE to do so, it is THEIR responsability that this equally works, it is THEIR product, not simmarkets one. If AS would not also want the money from sales via simmarket, they could stop selling their stuff over there, but they do not, guess why... Furthermore, at the moment I bought the plane, AS ONE was no option as it simply did not exist.

So, before you jump here making claims you obviously have not the slightes clue about, do your homework...

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, Querer said:

"Dude", you are aware that it is also a CHOICE by AS to sell their products via simmarket? If they CHOSE to do so, it is THEIR responsability that this equally works, it is THEIR product, not simmarkets one. If AS would not also want the money from sales via simmarket, they could stop selling their stuff over there, but they do not, guess why... Furthermore, at the moment I bought the plane, AS ONE was no option as it simply did not exist.

So, before you jump here making claims you obviously have not the slightes clue about, do your homework...

I have many clues; I do this kind of thing for a living.  It must be you who does not understand the responsibility of a distributor and the limitations on what a manufacturer or developer can do.  Yes, AS chooses to sell to that and other distributors.  Each distributor is allowed to then market their products as they see fit according to the letter and spirit of the distribution agreement.  What I will tell you with absolute certainty is that AS has zero responsibility to make sure your experience is the same.  You have the responsibility to understand what your choices are and what the consequences of those choices will be.  You mad a choice you are unhappy with and expect someone else to fix the consequences of your choices.  That does not work.  In other words, you should be telling simmarket about your unhappiness with how they do business.  I too purchased the CRJ long before AS One was available.  However, I purchased from AS.  Guess what the consequences of my decision are? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If you do this kind for a living, well, then maybe you are the wrong person to discuss it, because you obviously think that is correct. Mathijs was mentioning privacy laws and that they are rather strict in EU and especially in Germany and I can tell you, that no matter where you sell your piece of software, as an intellectual owner of that software, you are always 100% responsible for it.

Your idiotic example is like buying a Jeep Cherokee instead of with an official Jeep reseller somewhere else and thinking that any issues with your Jeep are then not in the responsability of Jeep, but with the reseller you bought it. Ridiculous. Or if you buy your Apple cell phone not directly with apple, your logic says that Apple has zero responsability to make sure your experience with your iPhone is the same... I do not know if I should laugh or cry about such statements...

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Querer said:

. Or if you buy your Apple cell phone not directly with apple, your logic says that Apple has zero responsability to make sure your experience with your iPhone is the same... I do not know if I should laugh or cry about such statements...

That's not what I said.  I said that if you buy an Iphone from Verizon you cannot expect Apple to troubleshoot the calls.  The IPhone/Apple has no responsibility for the network you use it on.  Do you expect Apple to troubleshoot/fix/buy you a router for your home for your wifi service?  Again, you are angry because you have realized that you made a bad decision.  However you are angry with yourself and you are reaching out for someone to make you feel better and fix your, in your case, poor decision.  That is not how life actually works.  You have to fix your decisions.  However, your maturity level is obviously lacking as shown by your quick dive into name calling.  That would explain a number of things. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 7/10/2022 at 6:56 PM, Crabby said:

That's not what I said.

Of course you are right, you are the man and you obviously know what you talk about. No need to further discuss this, end of the story...

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, Querer said:

Of course you are right, you are the man and you obviously know what you talk about. No need to further discuss this, end of the story...

Finally.  Glad that was cleared up!  

• Upvote 3