AI wont land La Palma

mikced76

Checked some AIG traffic at La Palma today in MSFS and much like the old problem from back with p3d they still come in too high and cant land properly and therefor just go around. Was there ever a solution in p3d, if so can it possibly be applied in MSFS as well? Its a bit of an immersion killer. If I recall it could be fixed in AFCAD by moving the approach waypoint a bit further away from the island or something like that.

Also there are no GA parkings at La Palma, the only type of flying I do. I know in real life they use Gate 12 and higher so perhaps to avoid beeing sent to the lower number main terminal gates perhaps make ”Parkings” instead of ”Gates” from position 12 and above?

While at it. Seems like the ground freq at La Palma and the tower freq is mixed up. ATC uses 121.80 for tower and 118.90 for ground. Should be the other way around 😃

• Developer

I will check, if the freq. are changed by the scenery. As I remember, I had not override the default airport data in all non local ground relevant points ( like Gates Taxiways). We also not override the ILS ( La Palma has no ILS), so that this Data can replaced by Asobo with there Navdata updates.

But anyway, even when ground and Tower Freq. are wrong, this has no effect to non landing AI Traffic, they use the freq they found in the data, independed if correct with the real once.

But AI traffic was always not correct landing in all FS versions in La Palma since FS9 and the AI engine of MSFS is still based on that.

The special Terrain and Altihude situation there seams not to be handle correct here. But the related data are not part of the La Palma Airport addon, they are in base data of the Sim.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1