Issues with ATC in CRJ? Try this...

Billy Nilly

Just bought the CRJ 550 and 700 and had been experiencing the following issues with ATC.

• Not hearing my own pilot's voice when communicating with ATC
  • ATIS looping, repeating airport name or only first few words of ATIS
  • Broken ATC communication during flight

I saw Olaf B's posts explaining how to set the radio panel, and tried that.  On the left Radio Panel I pushed in VHF 1, VHF 2 and INT SVC.  I then set the selector dial to INT SVC.  This fixed the issue with the ATIS looping, but I was still not hearing my own voice.  

I tried setting the RIGHT SIDE radio panel the same as the the LEFT side so that both panels have VHF 1, VHF 2 and INT SVC pushed in and the dial is on INT SVC .  This has fixed the issue of not being able to hear my own replies or acknowledge ATC.  

I'm still not able to have my copilot communicate with ATC automatically, but this was a big improvement over not being able to hear/use the ATC properly.  

Hope this helps anyone who may be having similar issues.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for your input. I'm going to close this as we're trying to keep all posts about this issue in a focused thread. I'll link this there.

Here's that thread:

• Herman locked this topic